September 23, 2014 | 2075 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I love this Moisturizer, this exactly how every moisturizer should be. It feels so amazing and light on the skin, I love the feel of the gel its so cooling and it soaks nicely into the skin. Has a fragrance but its really smells good. I always try new moisturizers and always always come back to this because it gives me exactly what I need. It comes in a glass jar which is a little unhygienic but I don't care the product is amazing. Will def buy more.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Ugh
My eyes were BURNING from the fragrance
sooooo strong!
Only applies maybe to the top cheeks and I do not have sensitive skin/eyes at all!
never had this type reaction before..ever
Yuck going back

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I wanted to like this soooo badly, but my skin didn't react well to it. :( I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my HG Clinique DDMG, and when I saw this at the drugstore, I snapped it up. Yes, I read the reviews that said it had alcohol in it...but my skin is not normally reactive to alcohol (I use witch hazel toner every night, and have had no problems). Anyway, it was good for a while: nice texture, AMAZING smell (so fresh!), felt good on the skin and under powder makeup...but after about 3 weeks the zits popped out. I'm not sure if this was due to the alcohol or another ingredient, but unfortunately, I won't continue to use this. I also hate the packaging: the glass jar is fragile and bulky, not good for travel or tile floors. I'll try to use up the rest as a hand lotion, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS EVIL. PURE EVIL, I TELL YOU.

I've been struggling recently with my dehydrated and oily skin, so I revived this product from the moisturizer graveyard under my sink and decided to give it another whirl. The first time I used it about a year or so ago, I felt that it didn't moisturize as heavily as I needed. I didn't remember it breaking me out. However, this time it did just that.

I got about 5 new pimples in three days. Gross. Luckily mine are smaller and thankfully none are cystic pimples, but seriously?! I was thinking my hormones were just continuing to act up because the breakouts have been pretty much concentrated on my chin, but when I realized I had two zits next to my nose (where I never ever get pimples), I realized it was because of this product, which is the only thing that has changed in my routine as of recent.

I CosDNA-d the ingredient list, and denatured alcohol is the third or fourth ingredient in this....ummmm. Not okay. Also the fact that it's in a jar is pretty nasty and unhygienic.

I guess I will be venturing back into Asian skincare to find an HG moisturizer :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

Amazing stuff right here! The scent is fresh, and the formula is so light on the skin. It is perfect for my combination skin because it's so fast absorbing it doesn't leave any greasy feeling on the skin at all! My skin feels so soft after using this product, and I like how it can be used for day and night. A little goes a long way, so it really lasts forever. May not be quite moisturizing enough for the winter time though so I usually just double it up with another moisturizer, but during the summer months this is just right! No complaint about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this. I really did. Its light, refreshing, and somewhat affordable. But it broke me out terribly! Big, cystic acne on my chin and sides of my face. It also dried out my face a bit. I know this was the culprit because it was the only thing I changed in my skincare regime when I tried it out. It is also scented, which smells good, but I'm not a fan of scented skincare products.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by EbonyAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product lists denatured alcohol as the third ingredient. I did a little research and discovered that this additive is harmful and is not something you want in your skin care products. Tossing it in the trash and washing it off of my face. Will use coconut oil in the meantime until I find a replacement.

I didn't like the heavy perfume smell nor the packaging, I prefer pumps to avoid contamination. This was a rush purchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupfanatic123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is pretty good, I have combo/oily skin that has some dry patches and even more so in the winter. It's very lightweight and cooling, and I love the smell. It does hydrate, but like others said, I use a different moisturizer for when my skin is drier. I did notice, however, that when I used this moisturizer and put my makeup on, I was less shiny in school than I'd usually be. One negative though is that since there's alcohol, whenever I'm having a sensitive skin day it might burn a little when I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by TrueHysteria

I LOVE this moisturizer, I've been trying many moisturizer and could not find a right one for me. Many of them, some are greasy some are lack of moisturizing. This one is a gel, the color itself looks so refresh, it's smell like a natural sense , not as chemical fragrance. It does not greasy, go super light and fast absorb on your skin. Because it is light, it is a you must need to apply a little more otherwise it will still dry your skin out in the winter. But in the summer it is perfect. The cons is this product contains alcohol in the ingredient list, which I'm not sure if that is really a bad thing to your skin but most moisturizer has it too. I think many gel light-weight moisturizer contains alcohol though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DinaBear1999

Love this product. I have combo skin that is very oily in my t-zone. I never thought I needed Moisturizer. Well I do! I need this one. It actually hydrates my skin and makes it less oily. I don't know how it works but my skin is less oily!! I love it!