Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 9/7/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is seriously one of my favorite products that I've ever used. I love the texture. I've purchased it consistently for the past 3 years. If you have dry skin, I REALLY recommend it.

on 9/3/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on vacation when I accidentally left my toiletry bag on my bathroom counter at home (needless to say, I was mad). I had bought this for my sister in the past based on Allure magazine naming it the best oil-free moisturizer in October 2010; she liked it (two lippies for her sake). I hated it. I should note that my regular moisturizer is La Mer Moisturizing Gel-Crème so this Garnier moisturizer felt like torture. It was sticky and thick. Not matter how much or little I applied it never absorbed properly and felt sticky. Gross. Plus its fragrance was very synthetic. I ended up skipping moisturizer completely and just going from bare skin to sunscreen (which was drying, but better than sticky). At least this moisturizer didn’t cause a breakout. After returning home and using La Mer again, I gave this to my sister. I won’t buy this again.

on 8/26/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got pretty severe acne and my skin gets dried out from the topical creams I use. This product leaves my skin feeling just as dry as it was before and the smell is TOO STRONG. Smells like garniers hair products so it makes me feel like I'm putting hair products on my face.

on 8/26/2014 3:19:00 PM

Ugh. Didnt like the smell (very strong) and jar packaging was cheap.

on 8/23/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Due to oily skin, and a bright sunny climate (LA), I have always avoided moisturizer and used sunscreen instead. But I was getting dry patches and really needed a light moisturizer under my sunscreen and makeup. Enter Moisture Rescue! It quite truly came to the rescue! I have used it for a month and my skin looks so pretty. And get this, it even helped with hormonal acne. Because if not moisturizing wasn't bad enough, I was also layering benzoyl peroxide under my sunscreen and makeup. I KNOW. But now I just use this and boom, only two teeny blemishes, and I mean teeny. I will use this stuff forever.

on 8/20/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a super expensive cream for the quantity and the quality. After all, it is just a decoction of chemicals.
One thing I noticed is this cream will create a 'moisture-craving'. I tested this by applying the cream in humid weather, while my face was already hydrated. Sure enough, it added some moisture to the skin.
After some hours, my face dried out quite a lot than before applying the cream the first time, requiring the cream to be reapplied. In short, the cream has some chemicals (probably alcohol variant?) that results in a vicious 'normal->hydrated->more dry->hydrated->even more dry' cycle.

Using aloe gel and rose water works just fine and it does not make my skin drier than it started with. I don't know why folks would want to use this gel cream unless they want to dry out their skin!

on 8/14/2014 2:42:00 PM

I bought this gel yesterday. It was between the green one (for normal/combo skin) and the pink (dry skin) so glad pick it up the green one. Is the perfect summer moisturizer. Great to use it before makeup, makes the skin so soft and the makeup so pretty. I put in the fridge to feel the cooling sensation and to close my pores. Great great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great moisturizer for oil/combo-skinned people. It's very light and dries quickly, and I really felt like it added moisture to my skin. It also has that lovely Garnier smell.

One of my (only) major problems with this product is that it doesn't really have any benefits for your skin. It is simply meant to hydrate your face. I also don't like having to dip my fingers into the jar to get the product out, and I think that while it only cost me $9 for the jar, the jar itself didn't last very long. You don't get that much product. I think I finished a jar in about two months.

on 8/5/2014 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin and I love this moisturizer! I've been testing it for weeks now and I'm glad to say it works really well for me. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't make my hormonal breakouts worse, and it keeps me moisturized all night and in the morning my skin feels great. You only need a little bit of product to do the job. I've noticed a comment saying it made their face greasy, I didn't find that happening to me.
The only con for me is that it's in a jar instead of pump.

Another con is for those who are ingredient-conscious: there are a lot compounds in here that would be questionable for you. For example, it has Chlorphenesin. In here it's acting as a preservative since it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties BUT it is also a muscle relaxant and can cause a skin allergy.

LOVE this stuff. Keeps my face moisturized during the winter! If you are lacking water moisture in your skin this is going to make your skin feel lovely.