Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is my current night time moisturizer, it's not doing wonders to my skin but it's not bad either. i would recommend if you have normal skin, I have really oily skin and dry patches on my cheeks. you just feel a subtle softness after a while but that's it, i dont like the glass packaging! literally just 5 minutes before writing this review, i was looking thru my organizer then i accidentally arm bumped this and it almost fell !

on 1/7/2015 1:46:00 AM

Ill start by saying I have extremely sensitive skin. And my skin type is a dry combo in the winter. I was really worried about this containing fragrance in it, but it has not irritated my skin at all. Love the smell! Very clean and refreshing. The consistency is nice too, the gel cream absorbs into my skin right away. After it dries it feels smooth, not sticky. For being a gel it hydrates well, not all gels add much hydration. I saw some of the other reviews on here stating that it didn't absorb in; I cant help but wonder if those people don't exfoliate regularly. If you don't exfoliate the moisturizer will just sit on the dry dead skin and not soak in. It reminds me of Clinique moisture on call if anyone remembers that stuff.

I bought this on a recommendation from someone saying it was a "dupe" for Clinique's moisture surge (which I love, but it's expensive!). I patted this on my skin, after washing with CeraVe foaming cleanser... And OMG, it STUNG! I know I have sensitive skin, but this felt like I put icy hot on my face. So uncomfortable. I tried it once more, the following morning, just to see if it felt any better. Nope. I want nothing more than to wash all the makeup off of my face just to get this off. It's so uncomfortable. Never, ever repurchasing this again. Ever.

on 12/12/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was just meeehhhh..

on 11/6/2014 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product wouldn't be too bad if it were not for the sickeningly sweet fragrance. I tried it as a dupe for H2O+ face oasis. Not so much. I have a feeling it has more silicones also, as it felt too smooth going on, and didn't soak in like I hoped.

on 11/6/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think it is just fine for younger skins, or normal skins...it you are older, it isn't nourishing enough, or if your skin is on the dry side..the texture is nice but dries real fast on my skin..would be ok in summer, but persinally , this isn't for me, I need more hydrating...
good for under 30 , or women who like light hydration.

For someone like myself I have combination skin it's super dry at times but can get oily but not crazy oily for years I've tried everything from high end to drug store products nothing worked till I bought this, it's super light weight an help to keep my dryness at bay, although it didn't cure it, which is what I'm essentially looking for, with this somethimes the dryness does come back an i have to reapply, sometimes i can get my makeup smooth most of the time i have to slap it on then apply my powder an then reapply the moisturizer again, thats too many steps so i stick to my vaseline (an after today, my aqauphor, also did a review for that) i still have the green one but just went an bought the pink one today since this weather has my skin going crazy and along with aqauphor it's amazing, by itself I did notice a huge difference as well once I finish the green one I will be sticking to the pink one for dry skin as it works better but amazing product my only problem is the price $10 per jar, for me that's pricey for a drug store product but it works, so, well worth it.

on 10/15/2014 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this moisturizer for well over a year and I love it. I have combination skin that's sensitive and acne-prone. Prior to using this, the skin around my nose was very dry and inflamed. In fact, I thought I had dry skin because my last moisturizer (Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer) just wasn't cutting it anymore. One day a friend recommended this for those awful flaky, dry patches and I was honestly amazed. It helped immediately, made my skin feel soft, and felt so soothing. It's a gel of course, which seems thick if you're used to thin cream moisturizers, but it sinks right into the skin without a trace. I've never noticed any stickiness. I haven't had any dry patches since I started using it and it's never caused any breakouts. The smell is a bit odd but it fades immediately. I do wish it came in a pump because that would be more sanitary but this works so well that I really don't mind. I've repurchased it multiple times and will continue to use it. The price at my local Wal-Mart is ridiculous at $14 but surprisingly the dollar store carries it for $7.

on 9/26/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was just a lightweight moisturizer nothing special.
It does feel cool due to the gel consistency but my skin did not like it.
I wish I did not purchase it. I do not care for a plain moisturizer I like it to have beneficial ingredients for my skin or at least sunscreen.
I think if you are someone who does just want a light weight moisturizer then this is a nice product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This Moisturizer is perfect for people with oily skin and don't want something heavy on their face throughout the day. It just sinks into your skin so nice and makes your face feel so soft afterward with no unwanted residue. I think it smells great but I'm not weird about fragrances in my products.

I'm EXTREMELY acne prone and i truly think this HELPS with my breakouts. It contains alcohol so I think that helps to dry them out, yet it never dries out my actual skin. I've had wayyyy less breakouts since i started using this daily. I know my current skincare routine helps too but I've never had a moisturizer feel this good. I was at the point where i wasn't even wearing a moisturizer during the day because everything would make me oily.

I really love this stuff - the smell, the feel, the price, the accessibility to it, even the color makes me feel better putting it on my red face haha.
My secret, which I learned from "ssssamanthaa", it to spritz some sort of liquid onto your face (I switch off between Mario Badescu Rose Water, Josie Maran Rosey Mist, Mac Fix+, and Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray), before you apply the moisturizer. She explained that moisturizer traps moisture that's already on your skin and locks it in throughout the day. Now, I don't know how true that is, but I do know that this moisturizer feels better, sinks in nicer, and applies smoother when my face is misted/damp with some sort of spray. So it's a step i never forget.

I would recommend this moisturizer for people with combo to oily skin. I love the way it feels. It's so lightweight and refreshing. It's worth trying.

P.S. I want to add that if you're struggling with acne and nothing seems to be working, try catering to your skin type instead of trying to treat your acne. It's helped me a hell of a lot.