Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This Moisturizer is perfect for people with oily skin and don't want something heavy on their face throughout the day. It just sinks into your skin so nice and makes your face feel so soft afterward with no unwanted residue. I think it smells great but I'm not weird about fragrances in my products.

I'm EXTREMELY acne prone and i truly think this HELPS with my breakouts. It contains alcohol so I think that helps to dry them out, yet it never dries out my actual skin. I've had wayyyy less breakouts since i started using this daily. I know my current skincare routine helps too but I've never had a moisturizer feel this good. I was at the point where i wasn't even wearing a moisturizer during the day because everything would make me oily.

I really love this stuff - the smell, the feel, the price, the accessibility to it, even the color makes me feel better putting it on my red face haha.
My secret, which I learned from "ssssamanthaa", it to spritz some sort of liquid onto your face (I switch off between Mario Badescu Rose Water, Josie Maran Rosey Mist, Mac Fix+, and Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray), before you apply the moisturizer. She explained that moisturizer traps moisture that's already on your skin and locks it in throughout the day. Now, I don't know how true that is, but I do know that this moisturizer feels better, sinks in nicer, and applies smoother when my face is misted/damp with some sort of spray. So it's a step i never forget.

I would recommend this moisturizer for people with combo to oily skin. I love the way it feels. It's so lightweight and refreshing. It's worth trying.

P.S. I want to add that if you're struggling with acne and nothing seems to be working, try catering to your skin type instead of trying to treat your acne. It's helped me a hell of a lot.

on 9/13/2014 9:48:00 AM

I bought this a month ago, read some negative reviews, tried it once, went "ick" and put it in my drawer. Last night I tried it again out of boredom. This morning my face feels amazing-- all soft and exfoliated.

It's not what you expect in a moisturizer, it may seem a little bracing at first, but it works! I like it.

on 9/7/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is seriously one of my favorite products that I've ever used. I love the texture. I've purchased it consistently for the past 3 years. If you have dry skin, I REALLY recommend it.

on 9/3/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on vacation when I accidentally left my toiletry bag on my bathroom counter at home (needless to say, I was mad). I had bought this for my sister in the past based on Allure magazine naming it the best oil-free moisturizer in October 2010; she liked it (two lippies for her sake). I hated it. I should note that my regular moisturizer is La Mer Moisturizing Gel-Crème so this Garnier moisturizer felt like torture. It was sticky and thick. Not matter how much or little I applied it never absorbed properly and felt sticky. Gross. Plus its fragrance was very synthetic. I ended up skipping moisturizer completely and just going from bare skin to sunscreen (which was drying, but better than sticky). At least this moisturizer didn’t cause a breakout. After returning home and using La Mer again, I gave this to my sister. I won’t buy this again.

on 8/26/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got pretty severe acne and my skin gets dried out from the topical creams I use. This product leaves my skin feeling just as dry as it was before and the smell is TOO STRONG. Smells like garniers hair products so it makes me feel like I'm putting hair products on my face.

on 8/26/2014 3:19:00 PM

Ugh. Didnt like the smell (very strong) and jar packaging was cheap.

on 8/23/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Due to oily skin, and a bright sunny climate (LA), I have always avoided moisturizer and used sunscreen instead. But I was getting dry patches and really needed a light moisturizer under my sunscreen and makeup. Enter Moisture Rescue! It quite truly came to the rescue! I have used it for a month and my skin looks so pretty. And get this, it even helped with hormonal acne. Because if not moisturizing wasn't bad enough, I was also layering benzoyl peroxide under my sunscreen and makeup. I KNOW. But now I just use this and boom, only two teeny blemishes, and I mean teeny. I will use this stuff forever.

on 8/20/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a super expensive cream for the quantity and the quality. After all, it is just a decoction of chemicals.
One thing I noticed is this cream will create a 'moisture-craving'. I tested this by applying the cream in humid weather, while my face was already hydrated. Sure enough, it added some moisture to the skin.
After some hours, my face dried out quite a lot than before applying the cream the first time, requiring the cream to be reapplied. In short, the cream has some chemicals (probably alcohol variant?) that results in a vicious 'normal->hydrated->more dry->hydrated->even more dry' cycle.

Using aloe gel and rose water works just fine and it does not make my skin drier than it started with. I don't know why folks would want to use this gel cream unless they want to dry out their skin!

on 8/14/2014 2:42:00 PM

I bought this gel yesterday. It was between the green one (for normal/combo skin) and the pink (dry skin) so glad pick it up the green one. Is the perfect summer moisturizer. Great to use it before makeup, makes the skin so soft and the makeup so pretty. I put in the fridge to feel the cooling sensation and to close my pores. Great great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great moisturizer for oil/combo-skinned people. It's very light and dries quickly, and I really felt like it added moisture to my skin. It also has that lovely Garnier smell.

One of my (only) major problems with this product is that it doesn't really have any benefits for your skin. It is simply meant to hydrate your face. I also don't like having to dip my fingers into the jar to get the product out, and I think that while it only cost me $9 for the jar, the jar itself didn't last very long. You don't get that much product. I think I finished a jar in about two months.