August 29, 2014 | 1610 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by amisler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this polish.....nothing bad to say. Stunning color and finish!! I will def wear this all fall and winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyKourt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a total Nail Polish Addict. I probably have 250+ bottles, so for me to say that this is hands down my favorite polish...is saying a lot!!!
Its a gorgeous dark shimmery, silver/gray. When it hits the light just right, its stunning!
I wear it all year round, but probably get most use out of it in the Winter! I love dark nails all the time, and although this isn't too dark it is still to die for!
I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I think all ages can totally pull this one off

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by cbhanna21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a dark shimmery gray. It's a BEAUTIFUL color considering it's dark, mysterious, and charming. Everytime I wear it, i always get compliments. believe it or not, even my boyfriend loves the color. whenever we sit down and he gets a chance to play with my hands, if i happen to wear the polish, he would always examine my nails and tells me how i should wear this color ALL the time.

Two coats to get the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by flannan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just did my pedi with my lovely Lucerne- it's my go to
for a slate shade. The consistency and wide brush makes
the application a breeze. It manages to sparkle without
standout pieces of glitter so the sheen is throughout.
For a dark shade, it somehow has a softness to it that makes it
a winner again my pale skin. It does have a slight green undertone
in the bottle but I don't see that at all on the nail.
After one use it went to my top OPI faves.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by superpony123

This is the prettiest gunmetal colored polish I've found so far. I love it. A must-have if you like dark shimmery polishes. It's really best for fall/winter, but I don't even care, I love this color all year round. Great formula, not too thick, not too thin. Application is good, love the OPI pro wide brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is so pretty! A shimmery gunmetal color, with lots of silver sparkles ( I wouldn't exactly call it glitter). It is very flattering on my medium-pink toned skin and I can see myself wearing this ALOT. I love dark colors, but sometimes they can look too goth. This seems classier, and more special. I also wore this with 2 coats of Out the Door Northern Lights over it and WOW. It really makes it POP. I highly recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous quickly shot up to one of my favorites in the grey category the second I applied it! Absolutely stunning!!

This is a gunmetal grey that to me, it pure perfection because it's neither too light or too dark against my MMM skintone, and it's infiltrated with stunning very fine glitter that just makes it pop without making it tacky. It's absolutely gorgeous! Applies wonderfully and wears well without chipping. Overall a huge winner and a must have if you're into grey/charcoal shades. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up this shade and looked at it for a bit but put it back. After I chose 3 other shades I wanted, I passed this one again and picked it up to look again. I couldn't put it back this time.

Something told me I had to get it, so I put another shade back and switched it for this. I swatched it on my thumb while at a red light and it is gorgeous! I did a single coat and it dried very quickly.

The shimmery glitter is not rough feeling when I touch it and it shines like nothing else! So glad I decided to keep it (I returned the other 2 shades).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

What it is: a slate / gunmetal gray nail polish.
- - -
Pros - long wearing and chip resistant. The brush evenly distributes the polish. Large bottle that will last years.
- - -
Cons - none
- - -
Side note - I usually don't like dark polishes, but this is an exception. The perfect 'not black' shade. This polish does have glitter in it but it isn't obnoxious or obvious, instead it gives a healthy shine look. Definitely a gunmetal / silverly pewter shade. Does require three coats to become opaque. One is sheer, two is alright, but three is the color of the bottle. A more affordable, easier to locate alternative to chanel's black pearl.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I am becoming such a big fan of the new gunmetal and slate color trend. I like this much more than chanel's black pearl and dior's gris city collection. The glitter doesn't stand out in a tacky way and at the same time keeps the color from looking better. It is similar to my balenciaga bag in antracite in terms of color.