October 25, 2014 | 1253 users online

Lip Gloss - Urban Decay - Lip Junkie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay wants to know if you "want a super shiny gloss, but can't stand the sticky texture? Wait til you feel the soft, cushiony texture of this gloss! Lip Junkie stays put longer than other glosses, but never feels gummy or gooey. It comes in a range of pretty amazing shades and the color payout is amazing. Take your pick from sheer, pretty neutrals; kick ass brights, or glimmering near black." Urban Decay offers 17 shades, I have Naked, which was included with my Naked2 palette. This little baby sized gloss contains 3.7ml (.13 oz). The full size contains 10ml (.34oz) and retails for $19. Urban Decay does not test on animals, but the brand was recently acquired by L'Oreal, so whether or not you consider them cruelty free is kinda your call, depending on your own personal ethical code. This lip gloss was made in America. Urban Decay products can be purchased through the brand's website, Sephora, Ulta, and select department stores.
Packaging is unique and kinda stylin'. The slender squeeze tube is squared off at the bottom, giving it a really different shape from your traditional lip gloss tube. The tube is also made of a thicker type of plastic than usual, which is helpful because it prevents you from squeezing out too much product. Twisting off the purple plastic cap, which has a grey overlay with a filigree cutout design, reveals a soft and flexible slate tip applicator. The product name and Urban Decay logo can be found on the front of the tube; the shade name and some company info can be found on the back. My only complaint about this gloss's packaging is that the mini version is just so tiny! I'm always afraid of losing it.
The formula of Urban Decay's Lip Junkie is kinda great. It really isn't sticky at all. The consistency is on the thinner side and very smooth, making it one of the most comfortable glosses I've ever used. This gloss is pretty long lasting, I can get about two hours of wear from it, even through eat, drinking, and of course, a lot of talking. Urban Decay's Lip Junkie has a light tingly feel to it, it's almost cooling. Pretty pleasant, in my opinion. Urban Decay describes this product as "wedding mint", but to me it's almost like a mint chocolate taste, which I really like. If you like minty lip products, that'll sell you on Lip Junkie alone.
Naked is a nice color, definitely a "my lips but better" shade for me. Urban Decay calls Naked a "pinky neutral". Yeah, that's true. this shade is on the warmer side but only slightly. Naked has a kinda tan-beige under tone to it that keeps it more in the nude category, as opposed to pink. The color payoff for Naked is on the sheerer side. Naked is great for accenting my natural lip color, as opposed to giving them a whole new hue.
Overall I really like Urban Decay's Lip Junkie in Naked! This isn't a product that I would've tried had it not been included with my beloved Naked2 palette. I really can't get find any true faults in this gloss. Packaging is cute and functional, it wears well and has a great formula. Some may prefer a more opaque gloss, but I find Naked's sheer nature to be very complimentary. Yinz know that I'm a drugstore makeup kind of girl, but I've really been falling for these high end lip glosses lately! I'm unsure if I would purchase Urban Decay's Naked Lip Junkie in a full size, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. If you're looking to try out a high end lip gloss, or are just delving in to Urban Decay products, or even a long term fan of the brand that hasn't bought the Naked2, you should definitely consider this excellent gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Used this only because there was a free mini sample of it w/ the UD Naked Palette 2. Thought it was just another lip gloss but when I put it on, it was so smooth and non-tacky and cushiony that I already made up my mind to purchase the full size version. It seems to last longer than many of my other lip glosses, too, because it still looks good 5+ hours later without reapplying even with drinking beverages.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like these lip glosses. I have the colours Naked and Runaway, both look really beautiful on the lips. I genuinely think it does have a plumping effect because the fine lines in my lips cannot be seen after applying this. The woman at the counter told me these could be used as a lip treatment if you used this everyday for two weeks. I don't know if there's any truth in that, but they do feel really moisturising. It smells and tastes minty too, which I my boyfriend loves - always a plus. I love the packaging too, the lid is so pretty! The Naked colour came with my Naked 2 palette, it's small in size but that makes it extra adorable. It does tingle slightly, but it's not unbearable. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't like feeling like they have product on. Otherwise, this gloss is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by tutlitu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a little UB lip junkie lip gloss in the colour "Naked" in the first Naked palette. I had to try it on immediately, and I loved it from the first application. I haven't really noticed a plumping effect, but it tingles slightly, and has a nice, mint-y smell and taste. It wears for 1-3 hours.

I love the colour, it's my lips, but better, and I've got several compliments while wearing it. I've just put an order in for the regular sized version, because I've got addicted to wearing it, and I look forward to put it on every morning.

My lips often dry up and start flaking if I use unsuitable lip products, but they seem to handle UB lip junkie very well.

My only complaint is that it is a bit messy to apply, I wish the application thing was a bit larger and fit my lips better, and that it didn't release as much product at the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Got ths as a sample size with my Naked2 palette and loved it instantly! Within days, I had ordered a stash of full size tubes, including 2 tubes in the color "naked" because it's perfect to complete a dewey glow look, an every day look, or layered over lip color for a glossy finish. When I don't feel like taking the time for lip liner, lipstick, etc, I simply wear this and it compliments my makeup perfectly as well as my bare skin. The color is subtle, the glossiness is perfect, it's not overly tacky, and it lasts a while (not a long while...but what gloss really does?). I never leave the house without my tube of Naked...PERFECT gloss for me!! The only reason i didnt give it 5 lippies is because i dont love the packaging...but its not totally horrible either. Love the product inside though!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Mayl1ng

I don't usually like lip glosses and prefer matte lipsticks but after getting a small bottle of the lip gloss (shade 'Naked') with the UD naked 2 palette, I decided to give it a go.
I was pleasantly surprised. The product isn't too sticky which is one of the main factors that puts me off lip glosses in the first place and has a nice minty taste and fragrance.
The price is expensive, not the most expensive, but definitely the most I've ever paid for lip gloss (SGD $32).
Just this morning I went and purchased a full sized version in the shade "Jilted" that I would most likely wear during colder months because it has a slightly darker tone. I wouldn't wear it in place of a deep plum/purple lipstick but it's perfect for those days when I'm running late and all I have is a tube of lip gloss in my bag on the bus.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

It's just 'okay' a bit too sticky on the lips I love the minty smell though mmmmm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Treylana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lipgloss. I got it as a sample from Sephora, otherwise I'm sure I never would have tried it. As many others said, it lasts a long time. It feels great (minty) and smells great (vanilla mint). It makes your lips look plumper and gives them a nice shine without being too shiny. It's not too sticky--when you first put it on, if you put on too much, it might seem to be. But once it's on, it's just right--you don't lose it the second you take a few sips from a glass.

Only thing I don't like is the packaging. I find it hard to get just the right amount out and, as it gets low, it's not as easy to squeeze as would be ideal.

It's pricey, but they do give you a ton--per ounce, it's not nearly as bad as some other high end lip stuff.

I like the sheer sparkle color (midnight cowboy)--it's not too sparkly, which is nice and the naked 2 sheer nude. Haven't tried any others.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by tampants

I got the small one that comes with the Naked 2 palette, in the colour Naked. I love it! It smells soooo good, it's a minty vanilla flavour. The colour is actually really gorgeous and it lasts very long for a lipgloss, I'd say 3 hours minimum. I use it over a lipstick of the same shade and it looks great. I think including a small one with the Naked 2 palette was a great idea, I would have never tried it otherwise! Now that I know how awesome they are, I'm definitely going to get a replacement once this one runs out, and maybe one in a different colour too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Like almost all others I first tried this product after a sample size came in the Naked 2 palette. If UD would not have put these in with the palettes I probably would have never bought this lip gloss. Well I fell in love with this lip gloss. It's one of the best glosses I have ever tried. I only have this in Naked but I might try a few other colors if not I will just repeat buy this one. It's not too sticky It last for some time too. It has a nice sweet taste,does not burn lips. It gives a nice tingle. And this color goes great with any look. It's 19.00 but was worth it because I will use it probably daily! It does smooth lines out on your lips. As far as making them fuller I am not sure. Yes I will buy again.