October 23, 2014 | 1530 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - oatmeal lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had previously used Neutrogena Norwegian Formula lotion, but since I could no longer find it, I decided to go back to good old Aveeno. I used this in the past, and was pleased with it.
It seems like basic lotion- fragrance free (which I find to be a good thing), with a slightly thicker consistency than most generic lotions. But I find this to be more effective than most lotions I've tried. I put this up there with Norwegian formula, but I like it a bit better because it does not feel as waxy.

My skin (especially legs and elbows) tends to dry out, unless I use a good lotion daily. I've started using this the past few days, and my skin feels very soft and healthy. I do not find the need to reapply all the time, it really sinks in and lasts. But my skin feels smooth and soft- the Norwegian formula, although it did hydrate my skin, made it feel kind of waxy. Overall, I am pleased with this lotion, and will definitely stick with it.

UPDATE: This is the PERFECT lotion for dry, scaly skin. My skin (especially legs) was so dry and this hydrated it like no other. My skin is in MUCH better shape since using this regularly. This is one of the few lotions out there that actually does what it claims, and exceeds expectations. My skin was ashy before, but now it just glows. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xinguo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every Canadian girl that complains about their dry, itchy skin in the cold winter should try this product first. It is effective. I don't know how well it helps on the itchiness caused insect bits, chicken pox rash. But for my suffering of dryness and red patches on my legs every winter, I can not live without this cream (and I had tried many other 24-hr hydrations /moisturizing creams, they only work temporally). It is a bit sticky, so I use it in the winter season only. One tube lasts the whole season, then I switch to something lighter (maybe even fancier) for the warm season. There is no single cream for all skin types and all environments. So if you live in a humid environment and feel need a moisturizer, try something silky. This cream is for serious dry, itch skin problem, the type that you can not help to scratch your skin and canít even sleep because of it. I will buy it every year.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by NYC0000

Great moisturizer for very dry skin. Also, has a very pleasant smell. Only downside is it leaves you a little sticky. I prefer this to not feeling anything at all. It lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love love love this lotion. It does take a few minutes to sink in, but leaves very soft skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent88

I really liked this lotion when I got my very first (bad) sunburn and I used to slather this all over my body and it felt so good because it has a bit of a minty tingle in it. I think it helped to keep me from peeling the wrong way. I also like the smell, which is fragrance-free but a lot of fragrance-free products can still have a weird smell. But, I don't use this very much as I'm more of a body butter user than a lotion user at this point. It's also true that it doesn't absorb very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

This is such a wonderful product. Spreads over the skin incredibly well and sinks into it quickly without leaving a sticky or wet feeling behind. What an amazing prodtuct, with wonderful moisturizing ability.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jsneff

Yes, this stinks. And yes, it leaves a weird film for a while before it finally sinks in. But this is the ONLY lotion I'm able to use on my arms and legs without breaking out in a horrible, red, itchy rash that takes days on Zyrtec to disappear. For that, I'll put up with any smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 1:10:00 AM More reviews by perfumeslut

Let me start by saying this is the only drugstore lotion that stopped the eczema or whatever skin ailment I develop every winter on my dry elbows!! Nothing worked until I found this baby. I dont know what the magic ingredient is in this but it works. It is very emolient, you can use this once or twice a week at night on your face as it does not irritate or cause breakouts, and has absolutely no dyes or fragrances. Which you should NEVER put on your face. I have sensitive skin and this has never bothered my face, not once.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by jzang

This lotion contains too much petroleum or something like that. It leaves a film on my skin, and it itches!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by fiestyfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Did not like this too much felt sticky at night and woke up feeling sticky