April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - oatmeal lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xinguo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every Canadian girl that complains about their dry, itchy skin in the cold winter should try this product first. It is effective. I don't know how well it helps on the itchiness caused insect bits, chicken pox rash. But for my suffering of dryness and red patches on my legs every winter, I can not live without this cream (and I had tried many other 24-hr hydrations /moisturizing creams, they only work temporally). It is a bit sticky, so I use it in the winter season only. One tube lasts the whole season, then I switch to something lighter (maybe even fancier) for the warm season. There is no single cream for all skin types and all environments. So if you live in a humid environment and feel need a moisturizer, try something silky. This cream is for serious dry, itch skin problem, the type that you can not help to scratch your skin and canít even sleep because of it. I will buy it every year.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by NYC0000

Great moisturizer for very dry skin. Also, has a very pleasant smell. Only downside is it leaves you a little sticky. I prefer this to not feeling anything at all. It lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love love love this lotion. It does take a few minutes to sink in, but leaves very soft skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent88

I really liked this lotion when I got my very first (bad) sunburn and I used to slather this all over my body and it felt so good because it has a bit of a minty tingle in it. I think it helped to keep me from peeling the wrong way. I also like the smell, which is fragrance-free but a lot of fragrance-free products can still have a weird smell. But, I don't use this very much as I'm more of a body butter user than a lotion user at this point. It's also true that it doesn't absorb very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

This is such a wonderful product. Spreads over the skin incredibly well and sinks into it quickly without leaving a sticky or wet feeling behind. What an amazing prodtuct, with wonderful moisturizing ability.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jsneff

Yes, this stinks. And yes, it leaves a weird film for a while before it finally sinks in. But this is the ONLY lotion I'm able to use on my arms and legs without breaking out in a horrible, red, itchy rash that takes days on Zyrtec to disappear. For that, I'll put up with any smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 1:10:00 AM More reviews by perfumeslut

Let me start by saying this is the only drugstore lotion that stopped the eczema or whatever skin ailment I develop every winter on my dry elbows!! Nothing worked until I found this baby. I dont know what the magic ingredient is in this but it works. It is very emolient, you can use this once or twice a week at night on your face as it does not irritate or cause breakouts, and has absolutely no dyes or fragrances. Which you should NEVER put on your face. I have sensitive skin and this has never bothered my face, not once.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by jzang

This lotion contains too much petroleum or something like that. It leaves a film on my skin, and it itches!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by fiestyfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Did not like this too much felt sticky at night and woke up feeling sticky

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by shastax

I really cannot recommend Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion with collodial oatmeal for any regular use, even if you have sensitive skin like I do. While a fragrance-free lotion without lanolin or dyes is always appreciated, this lotion is far too emolient--I'm not sure there is a greasier-feeling lotion on the market. Especially if you live in a hot or humid climate, this is definitely not for wearing during the daytime. Even at night, I also found the lotion very uncomfortable, making me stick to my sheets even when applying the thinnest of layers. And yes, the natural smell isn't great, as others have said. The only situations in which I find this both effective and tolerable is in the winter, when I've developed a rash (such as ones caused by harsh detergents, perfumes, or dyes) or have some kind of itching condition (whether caused by insect bites or plants such as poison ivy).