September 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Shimmer Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! This is in the top three best eyeliners I have ever tried. And for one dollar you can't beat it. Trust me it only comes of with makeup remover water and smudge proof. I have tried high end and low end and this is gets third place in my top three :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have these two pencils in teal and bronze. They are very creamy and they glide on easily and I like the bonus sharpener in the cap. Now what I dont like is the staying power and the lack of pigmentation in the bronze color. I had to pack this eyeliner on my eye just to get some color payoff. As for the teal color, the pigmentation was fine but its staying power was for an hour at the most. I would try other brands of glitter pencils before I would repurchase these again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is very creamy and glides on super smoothly, the shimmers are so pretty and the sharpener works fine. The only problem I have with this is its staying power, but for the price I am willing to reapply multiple times during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this eyeliner pencil in black bandit . The pencil claims its a shimmer eyeliner , but it really dose not have any noticeable shimmer to it . It glides on smoothly and is creamy in consistency , but I feel like it is not a true black . It's close but it's more of a charcoal color . It fades abit through out the day but I think if you set it with eyeshadow it would last longer . Im not sure how it performs on the waterline because i dont wear this ( or any liner ) on my waterline . The pencil cap is a sharpener which works really well . However the cap is rather large and sometimes has a tendency to fall off the pencil , so I would be careful with the cap . Overall I think it's a nice color And pencil, but I wouldn't buy again only because I like to experiment with other liners .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this liner more for the sharpener. The pencil itself is god quality and glides on nicely but I'm not a huge fan of metallics and usually just add a tiny bit of this for a pop of colour. Anyway, the sharpener is AMAZING! It's the best I have ever tried. It beautifully sharpens every pencil I own from the low end to luxury brand. I will definitely be buying more of these pencils just for the sharpener.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this pencil in Black Bandit hoping to add a little bit of extra glam to my eyes but unfortunately it wasn't very shimmery at all. I don't like that you have to sharpen it by hand either :( On the other hand the formula is very creamy and it glided right on! The lasting power was decent as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Gunmetal and Iconic Ivory. I LOVE the Gunmetal. It is the most beautiful shade of gray with stunning sheen to it. I have blue eyes and cool skin and this gives me the most beautiful looking eyes. It's not chunky glittery but does have a refined look. I'd venture a guess it's not the most refined shimmer compared to high-priced eyeliners but it definitely DOESN'T look cheap.

The Iconic Ivory is a nice white but it isn't a smooth looking one. It is definitely shimmery but you have to apply carefully otherwise it is just too much white. I find it works best for me to put a little bit on a fine brush and then dab it on the eye. Is a bit more foolproof that way.

But the Gunmetal.... Just lovely lovely. I also had Revlon's Pewter which is more a sheen than a shimmer. It's a little darker than the Gunmetal - it does look a little more refined than the Gunmetal but the Gunmetal looks much prettier on my eyes.

Note though: that this brand does travel and over the course of the day, you may need to clean up under the eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I bought these around Christmas in Gunmetal (shiny dark gray), Black Bandit (shiny black) and Boldly Bronzed.(Even shiner bronze) All three colors are really pretty and the pigment is strong. Application is smooth and easy. So what's my beef?
I have to reapply after a few hours b/c of the average staying power also it smudges on the bottom of your eye, and that silly sharpener/cap that is too big for the pencil.
On the other hand the liners are only a dollar!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I own the shimmer eye liner in the shade Black and Iconic Ivory. They don't offer a high color payoff. But, for only a $1 each, I really can't complain. They are good to use when I am doing a quick eye look and I still desire to keep my eye look on the natural side. And, I do find that these eye pencils are both quick and easy to use.

I do recommend using a good eye primer underneath in order to keep the lining from smudging or budging. If not, its wear ability won't be as good.

Even though I did rate this item a 3, I will continue to buy more of these shimmer pencils in the future. As, they're totally cheap, which is why, I can't resist getting more of them!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought the white one of these at Target the other day. I thought that it, being white, would come off as.....white. Instead it's a very see-through shimmery white that does not last. It's horrible for the inner corner of my eyes and under my brows. Forget attempting to put this on your waterline. It just does not give off any color when attempting to put it on my waterline. It doesn't glide and is just a mess. I don't know what to do with this but it was a $1. I just don't like it. I even prefer Rimmel's Kohl liner (which is creamy yet doesn't stay/last) over this.