November 29, 2014 | 1272 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge artist intense

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 42. I'm in LOVE. it is the truest red i have ever found, better suited for me, because of the texture, than MAC's Ruby Woo.

It is the perfect red: not orange, not blue, RED! The texture is creamy, it is easy to apply, it stays on for loooong time, even through a long day of talking, eating & drinking water often. You still have to reapply at least once during the day to keep the color vibrant, but, contrary to other reds out there, it does not create a gross ring around your lips as it fades.

Also since it is long-wearing, your lips need to be really moisturized for it to look its best, but i think it is not as drying as other longwearing lipsticks in other brands: maybelline, Mac, etc.

My tip for the best results: 3 coats with bloating in between.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

What a great collection!

I got this one in 37 - Satin Bright Pink. It's a beautiful bright pink that's probably more fitting to summer but will work for when I feel more bold during the fall or winter.

It's a little drying and can tend to settle into lines or cling to flakes. I wear with my Fresh Lip Balm and it does seem to help. I love how matte and how long lasting it is! It almost acts as a stain. I can dab little bits and wear to college and work for a mlbb look or apply normally for statement-making lips when I go out. That I did and it lasted throughout enough drinks that I didn't have to worry about reapplying with a less than stellar focus.

If you're looking for the very best matte lipstick, then I recommend the new Chanel Allure Velvet. But if you want a cheaper, long lasting, matte lipstick that does a fine job then this is for you! Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 5 of these lipsticks in 43 (or Moulin Rouge, bright red), 40 (bright orange), 48 (deep plum), 36 (bright fuscia), and 1 (nude). I love them all. They are so creamy and pigmented! I have problems with the insides of my lips getting really dry and cracking. A lot of lipsticks tend to go right to that area and cause it to look cheap and dry. As the lipstick fades, the only place that it doesn't wear off is in this dry space and the outline of my lips. Even Nars did this! Not cute at all. I've never had that experience with these lipsticks. They're so creamy and they have the most amazing finish. Soft, but not super shiny. And not so matte it looks like you have fabric on your lips. As I use up the lipsticks that I have, I may exculsively use these. They're such an amazing, quality product. Try them!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by INOREDNET

I wear #34, which is my everyday color. This is probably my favorite line of lipstick! The lasting power is absolutely amazing. I can go about 5 hours without having to touch up. It is drying, but if I prep my lips with some balm.. then I am good to go. I really have no complaints. I'm just excited to try the other shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by herdiamonds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this since I love make up forever products. Picked it up, thought it was gonna be really expensive but was surprised it wasn't bad, only $18. Love the staying power!! love how rich the color is, I got a 24, its pinky nude, cute color. I cant wear it alone though cause its too nude for me a have medium tan skin tone, although its not too nude in general. I just mix it with a lip pencil and I'm set! I'm planning on trying out more colors!

UPDATE: I still love #24 and plan on repurchasing. But I do want to change my review a little. I have said how nude it is on me, and after using it more, I've noticed that it is more coral nude than pinky nude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I could rave about these forever.
First of all, there is a great color selection to choose from. I own #15, which is a pearly purple color (yes, PURPLE!) and it matches the color of my glasses perfectly. I plan to buy a red and a black from this line as well.
What I love most about these lipsticks, though, is their unbelievable staying power. Some people below are saying the formula is drying; it IS a bit drying, but that is because something about the lipstick makes it form on your lips and stay there all day. I ate a full-course meal and didn't have to touch up, even with such a deep color. No other lipsticks compare. So worth the price (and I'm always one to look for a bargain.) Love it love it love it love it love it love...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks. I have 2, #42 and #8. Both have loads of pigmentation, and go on easy, and have fairly long wear, even through eating and drinking. Though with any reds, I always carry the tube with me for touch ups.
The satin finishes are quite creamy, and have a good amount of moisture to them. #42 is a lovely red, very vibrant.
The matte finishes I found are a little drying, and would recommend exfoliating and using balm before applying. The pigmentation is just as good as the satins.

All in all, I would repurchase as a splurge buy. The pigments in these are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jadedali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in Moulin Rouge. It was well worth the price. It's a perfect shade for the classic red lip look. I have tried several brands of red lipstick and lipstains and this is the only one that lasted for several hours. After lunch it faded and smudged a bit, but I will try it with lip sealant next time. It is a bit pricey, but it is well worth it. I have spent more money trying various drug store brands, but none of them compared. I even think it lasts longer than Mac's Russian Red. Definately would recommend this to anyone going for that old hollywood look. Great product! The red lipstain is great, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I found another 'nude' that fits the bill (mine, anyway). I got MUFE's Artist Intense in #28. A gorgeous pink brown (more brown than pink). Mind you, when I say 'nude,' I don't mean uber-light beige or pink. I HATE chalk-colored lips. They look so silly, so unnatural. They remind me of those middle-aged bimbos, who go about with bleached hair, tanned skin, and surgically-enhanced chalky lips. Donatella Versace, anyone? Yuck, no!

Anyway, this is MLBB. It makes my lips look defined and polished, but natural. A very elegant color. I also love the satiny texture. Those of you who find it too drying might want to use a bit of lip balm underneath. I would certainly recommend and repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by juuliaab

LOVE this lipstick !! i bought nr 40 and nr 42 and they are both lovely. my favourite is nr 40 though just because ive been looking for a orange lipstick and i thought this was the perfect shade i was looking for and then when i tried it i was just stunned over the pigmantation and how soft and creamy it was. it masted all night without any touch ups even after eating and drinking with it it looked amazing
im going to try get my hands over some more of these !! i cant buy MUFE where i live so its going to be a bit difficult - but totally worth it