October 21, 2014 | 2036 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So many disappointing aspects of this product: the unpleasant smell, the lack of staying power, and the additional unwanted lightening of haircolor. Try John Freida's 3-Day Straight instead. It even lasts longer!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by SmileyDog

This stuff is horrible. It does not work at all and it smells really bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ANGELAMORGAN

SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!!!!! Made my hair straight, for sure- but dry and straw-like! Smelled like someone got sick and I am taking this crap back tonight!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by suekovacik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NEVER buy this product! It should absolutely be taken off the market. It completely ruined my hair. I havent used it in over 1 1/2 months and I am still experiencing breakage. I callled Garnier this morning and they were of no help, the supervisor actually got a little bitchy with me. They offered me a salon deep conditioner visit reimbursement, but only after they receive a sample of my hair.
I am going to look into starting a class-action lawsuit!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this with high hopes that it would be amazing. What was I thinking. My hair is medium to coarse and very dry and frizzy and wavy. I followed the directions exactly and ity didn't do anything to my hair at all. It was not easy to blowdry straight at all it just turned out to be the same frizzy mess it always is and still puffed out in humid weather. Well back to my flatiron. Don't waste your money, I bought it for about $10.00 canadian but I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by janetsvaio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not notice any difference at all after using this product on my thick wavy hair. It did smell pretty bad when applying. I even combed it in and pressed down on my edges the way you apply a relaxer. I was hoping to be able to use this instead of having to relax my hair every few months but I dont think this product is made for "ethnic" hair. I would have given it a 0 if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by marlanaleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand all of the negative reviews for this product. (I know everyone is different, but I love this!) I have used it on two separate occasions and have been pleased with the results both times. I have shoulder length, thick, coarse hair. It has a little bit of a natural wave to it and is naturally very frizzy. This product has two steps: [1] 20 minute "smooth it" serum and [2] the heat activated cream. Instructions are very easy to follow. I use the product and then blow dry with a large round brush. Then I simply flat iron my hair like I normally would. Product claims to work for "up to 7 shampoos" and I'd say for me, it continues to work for about 5 shampoos. I really like this, and I'll definitely buy it again. Makes my hair dry faster and much more smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by katie6411

I don't know why people are so upset with this? I like it! I have very thin curly hair and it has kept frizz away for days in humidity!

Maybe you put too much on or blow dried too closely?

Anyway, to each his own...I like this a lot!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by cici28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for the first time tonight and i did not like the smell at all. im hoping when i shampoo my hair again the smell will be gone. When i rinsed it out, my hair was extremely tanlgy. I applied step 2 and started blowdrying my hair as usual. It didnt feel smooth, a bit dry actually. I have blonde highlights and maybe its just me, but i feel like my hair darkened a little bit. My hair after flat ironing it, is straight and looks good, but only time will tell if i truly like it or not. i will leave an update.

Update:
its been about 2 and a half months. I will never use this product again or recommend it. It dried out my hair completely. I had very healthy hair. the first few times i washed it, yeah, it looked nice and straight, but not worth it drying out my hair for that. when i went to my salon for highlights again, i they had to do a protein treatment to my hair to help it and its still not the same:(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by lovelylocks3

I am SO glad I read the reviews about this product! I was going to put this on my hair this weekend. I can't believe how many girls are saying their hair is breaking off!! Thank you for writing your reviews!! I will NOT be using this product now!!