April 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Intense Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Superpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a holy grail mascara for me.

I had received a sample of this when I ordered my favorite perfume (Chance) from the Chanel website. I decided to try it out and.... WOW!

First off, my lashes are very soft, not very long and do not have much natural curl to them. This mascara completely transforms my lashes. It gives them a very deep and rich black color and the separation is awesome. I really only need a few swipes of a single dip from the tube to make my lashes really stand out. I never experience any clumping or flaking. My eyes are naturally very moist and I have perpetually struggled with smudging with other mascaras due to this -- not anymore! At the end of the day, I am able to easily take it off with makeup remover.

I have been searching high and low for the perfect mascara for me. I have tried many drugstore brands and some higher end ones as well (e.g. DiorShow - meh). None of them have come close to this. Since I loved the sample so much, I decided to get the full size. Yes it is expensive at $30, but for me it is totally worth it. I'm a firm believer that if you find something that you absolutely love, really works for you and you use it all the time, then it's worth spending more for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by charmedbella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has replaced Lancome Hypnose Drama as my new favorite mascara! I received a sample after a Chanel online purchase back in February and I was hooked! It goes on smooth, no clumps, and lengthens my lashes. I already have long lashes, but this makes my lashes look fake! What I also love about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge after a full day like my Hypnose Drama often would after a long day at work. This is a HUGE plus for me!

Hands down the best mascara I've ever used ... and I've used A LOT over the years!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by DiamondTiaras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does everything: darkens, thickens, lengthens, curls, and adds a dose of sexy, sophisticated false lash effect to every eye look. I've said before over the years in other reviews on MUA that mascara is nearly as personal as perfume, but it cannot be stated enough. I think a good mascara review should include a few details, such as the natural state of the reviewer's lashes (mine are of average thickness, slightly long, naturally curled on the outer corners), their eye shape and size (very round, "Bette Davis eyes" and large), the type of brush size they prefer (average to fat, as I need full impact to accommodate my eye shape), and the effect they are looking for (drama, drama, drama without clumps).

Inimitable Intense fits the bill for me on every level. Unlike most Dior mascaras, which are nice in general, this one never weighs my lashes down or reverses the curl imparted by my Shiseido eyelash curler. I don't use a lash maximizer with this formula, because I honestly don't need to. This mascara also lasts me a long time, I can get four months or so if I keep it tightly sealed and stored in a drawer in my bedroom vanity. Also, I love how it takes a TON of crying to get this one to run. I wear contact lenses, and I have allergies, but even when my eyes water, Inimitable Intense stays put. Furthermore, many mascaras irritate my eyes (I can't use anything from the drug store for this reason) but Chanel's do not. Finally, the formula is pretty easy to remove. I use the Lisa Eldridge method of soaking a cotton round with eye makeup remover (I love Sephora Instant, it's never sticky and always gentle) and placing it over my closed lid for 30 to 40 seconds. After I wash my face, this mascara is all gone, every time.

Overall, this is my holy grail mascara. The price isn't exactly fun at $30 a tube, but I have never found anything quite like it. In this case, I fully believe you get what you pay for. Make nice with a Chanel SA and ask for a sample with your next purchase. I can't guarantee you will love it as much as I do, but I'm willing to bet you might!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Flaky. Fallout. Mess.

I received this as a sample from Chanel. I have somewhat thick, very long black lashes. This clumped almost immediately, and flaked something awful within minutes. By the end of the evening it looked as though I had a grey cast under my eyes and across my cheekbones - and that was all from the mascara! Based on the brand, there's no way I would have predicted such terrible results. Why, Chanel, why?? I can understand the occasional flake, a little clump as the product ages - but this was brand new, directly from Chanel in a sealed package! And what's with the dark cast?! I've tried this several times and there are ALWAYS flakes, let alone the unmistakable dark hue that appears beneath my eyes as the hours roll by. While I liked the dense brush and its shape, and although it seemed to reach every eyelash, overall this was a complete fail. I've been searching for a high-end mascara to wear on its own. This wasn't it. The only Chanel product I've come across that disappointed miserably. What a nightmare.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Natteyolala

This mascara does it wonders (atleast for a few weeks). The brush is perfectly designed to separate lash from lash. The result: Certainly concentrated yet natural eye expression. The only obstacle I find with this product is that it inclines to dry out relatively quick. Just after some limited weeks of use I witnessed that the mascara went deeply south in quality.. Better stick to travel size (if the travel size exists??)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

Love this mascara. It goes on quickly, separates my lashes, gives length to my lashes and thickens them, and it dries very quickly too. Two coats and I'm done. I haven't purchased the full size of this and not sure I would. I received a sample with a Chanel purchase and I tend to prefer sample size mascaras over full size. Seems like when I have purchased any expensive full size mascara it always dries out before I use it all. Better for me to stick with sample size.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by annakimla

This mascara is nothing special and too expensive. Cheap brands produce better mascaras. This one dries out and clumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been a Chanel makeup fan. I love Chanel perfumes and nail polishes, but the makeup never really impressed me until I recently tried a sample of Inimitable Intense Noir. The brush separates lashes very well and gives my lashes a fanned-out look. The formula is light and dries quickly. I don't experience flaking or smudging. Although it does lengthen, I feel its strong point is how voluminous it makes my lashes appear. I'd like to try this with an eyelash primer next just to see how it would perform. This is super expensive so at this point I'm not sure if I'll purchase a full bottle when an ample amount of samples from other brands are readily available for free. That being said, if I do purchase a full size high end mascara it will be Chanel Inimitable Intense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i truly love this mascara! :D it lengthen ad gives volume to my lash without ANY clumps :D i got this in sample but it last for 2 weeks of use, depending how much layer of mascara you are putting.
the reason why i took 1 heart off is because it is kinda hard to remove :( it takes awhile for it to come off. but thats the only thing i hate about this mascara. if i have the money and ever go to singapore again, i might get this again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Reitelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the first Chanel product I had ever purchased and decided to go with the Rouge Noir color in order to compliment my eye color. I completely used up the entire tube and recently had to repurchase! I love this product so much! I have used many different mascaras in the past (mainly the maybelline colossal lash) and think that the wand on this one does a better job of separating my lashes and the formula lends itself to manipulation so if you accidentally clump a few together, you can easily separate them again. Although this particular one is not waterproof, it holds steadfast throughout the day and is NOT prone to flaking. On a side note, I love the packaging and find it to be subtly luxurious with the silver band and demure indented Chanel monogram at the top of the tube. I will continue to repurchase this mascara for years to come.