Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

3.8

on 12/31/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara really disappointet me, since I had such high expectations, haha! The first time I wore it, it was abolutely amazing! I had never tried such a good mascara before... It kept my curl all day long (which is my biggest concern when it comes to mascara), didn't flake, smear, transfer or anything, it looked so clean and overall just amazing! Everytime I have worn it ever since, it has been totally different... The mascara doesn't look the same, it is kinda clumpy, it makes my lashes look like they have old mascara on. It can't hold a curl for more than half an hour now. Also it makes my eyes dry out and itch! And I don't even have very sensitive eyes. I have tried better mascaras for cheaper. But I love the packaging!

UPDATE: OMG! I just changed from two lippies to five... Have been using this for a few weeks now and this is the best mascara I have ever tried for holding a curl! I have always had to recurl my lashes after my mascara dries (I know it is not recommended, that is why I did not do it right away with this mascara), but it usually still holds a couple of hours. But with this mascara it holds all day, as long as I only apply one coat of mascara. Best mascara for my thick, straight, medium-lenght lashes EVER. Doesn't smear, unless I work out.

on 12/13/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute favorite mascara. Full stop.

I have never found a comparable product, and whenever I've tried to find a better one, I always go back to this. It lengthens, curls, and thickens my lashes without making me look like I'm wearing clumped spider legs on my eyes. Three coats is my usual go-to.

A tube lasts me about 2 1/2 months.

This product is excellent. I was given a sample in the shape of a small tube. I would definitely buy the full size mascara because:

** coverage is excellent since the wand is nice and narrow.
**doesn't float down below the eyes right after application.
**by applying mascara on the middle of the eye as stylists suggest, it makes the eye look larger.
**easily removed with eye makeup remover

This is a real keeper.

on 10/8/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My HG mascara
I have tip breakage with most mascaras but not this one!
Lengthens, thickens, curls.

on 9/12/2013 11:44:00 AM

I have been using Inimitable for 3 years now, fell in love with it from the first day. I have sensitive eyes, so before finding Inimitable I always looked tired or as if I have just cried, only after wearing mascara for a few hours.
Two weeks ago when I ran out of it I decided to try out something new, so after a bit of research I bought Diorshow Extase (No 871 - purple). This purchase not only made my eyes red in less then an hour and for the last two weeks I constantly look upset starting from the morning (cause it is very hard to get Diorshow off, though it's not waterproof), but also made me cry for real about having wasted 33 EUR instead of getting my old good Inimitable! :( Unfortunately I hadn't find any valuable reviews about it concerning sensitive eyes before buying it.
So for everyone with often dry eyes, who easily get red-ish and look tired by the second half of the day - Chanel Inimitable is the perfect choice!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is without a doubt one of the best mascaras on the planet. I started using this product when I had a really bad experience with semi permanent false lashes- basically they ripped most of my lashes out. I did a lot of research and stumbled across this mascara. It was a god send. It made me look as though I had lashes when I had barely any!

Since then (and since my lashes grew back) I've been addicted. I have really short lashes anyway and this makes my lashes full and long! People always comment on my lashes, it's amazing. It lasts all day, with no smudging. I have since tried the new Chanel mascara, 'Le Volume De Chanel', but it isn't a patch on the inimitable. The Volume De Chanel was just really clumpy and wet. It didn't add length at all.

The only draw back to this mascara is the price, but if you are willing to pay for quality, then go buy it- you really do need it in your life!

on 8/16/2013 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Chanel is by far my favourite makeup brand but this mascara didn't really impress me. For the first 3 weeks of owning this mascara, it gave me the most beautiful length, separation, curl and volume and it lasted literally ALL day. My lashes have never looked more doll like. Unfortunately though, the formula dried out super fast and now whenever I wear it, I still am able to get that gorgeous look but it only lasts for around an hour before my lashes start to fall and the mascara flakes off. I paid $36 for this mascara and and it hasn't even lasted me one month. How disappointing, I will not be repurchasing.

on 8/3/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I use to always buy waterproof mascara because it was the only thing that would hold the curl in my eyelashes. I started noticing my lashes becoming more sparse, which I attributed to having to work at getting waterproof mascara out. I tried a few non waterproof mascara, and found this one to be the best one. I like the intensity it gives my short straight lashes. It's easy to wash off, but doesn't smudge AT ALL!, I've always had a problem with mascara smudging, even waterproof ones. It's on the pricy side, but I am willing to shell out the extra $$$.

on 7/25/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this from Nordstrom's and THANK GOODNESS I didn't buy it!! At first, I loved it. It made my eyelashes look absolutely gorgeous! But then it just started flaking off, with gritty pieces falling into my eyes, irritating them. No matter how thinly I applied it, I could not get it to work. This mascara had me running back to my Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof.

on 7/24/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After hearing my coworker rave about how great this was, I finally tried when it went on sale.

The price: $30, The Tube: nice, light and compact, The actual mascara:

Goes on very nicely, doesn't clump, feels light and gives great separation. However, for me, it did not do any of what everyone raved about. There was no dramatic effect, no intense black color, not much lenghtening. While these are not negatives, I had higher expectations.

On the plus side, besides the first sentence above, it wears great all day, does not smear, does not irritate my eyes, great for every day wear and it's very easy to remove. I wore this on a 105 degree weather at night with humidity and pouring rain. It stayed on through a play, dinner and walks in the rain. And I'm a contact lens wearer.

Again, it's my every day mascara and would buy again once I'm out. But for a night time or dramatic effect, I'll stick to Chanel Le Volume.