Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

3.8

on 10/8/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My HG mascara
I have tip breakage with most mascaras but not this one!
Lengthens, thickens, curls.

on 9/12/2013 11:44:00 AM

I have been using Inimitable for 3 years now, fell in love with it from the first day. I have sensitive eyes, so before finding Inimitable I always looked tired or as if I have just cried, only after wearing mascara for a few hours.
Two weeks ago when I ran out of it I decided to try out something new, so after a bit of research I bought Diorshow Extase (No 871 - purple). This purchase not only made my eyes red in less then an hour and for the last two weeks I constantly look upset starting from the morning (cause it is very hard to get Diorshow off, though it's not waterproof), but also made me cry for real about having wasted 33 EUR instead of getting my old good Inimitable! :( Unfortunately I hadn't find any valuable reviews about it concerning sensitive eyes before buying it.
So for everyone with often dry eyes, who easily get red-ish and look tired by the second half of the day - Chanel Inimitable is the perfect choice!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is without a doubt one of the best mascaras on the planet. I started using this product when I had a really bad experience with semi permanent false lashes- basically they ripped most of my lashes out. I did a lot of research and stumbled across this mascara. It was a god send. It made me look as though I had lashes when I had barely any!

Since then (and since my lashes grew back) I've been addicted. I have really short lashes anyway and this makes my lashes full and long! People always comment on my lashes, it's amazing. It lasts all day, with no smudging. I have since tried the new Chanel mascara, 'Le Volume De Chanel', but it isn't a patch on the inimitable. The Volume De Chanel was just really clumpy and wet. It didn't add length at all.

The only draw back to this mascara is the price, but if you are willing to pay for quality, then go buy it- you really do need it in your life!

on 8/16/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Chanel is by far my favourite makeup brand but this mascara didn't really impress me. For the first 3 weeks of owning this mascara, it gave me the most beautiful length, separation, curl and volume and it lasted literally ALL day. My lashes have never looked more doll like. Unfortunately though, the formula dried out super fast and now whenever I wear it, I still am able to get that gorgeous look but it only lasts for around an hour before my lashes start to fall and the mascara flakes off. I paid $36 for this mascara and and it hasn't even lasted me one month. How disappointing, I will not be repurchasing.

on 8/3/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I use to always buy waterproof mascara because it was the only thing that would hold the curl in my eyelashes. I started noticing my lashes becoming more sparse, which I attributed to having to work at getting waterproof mascara out. I tried a few non waterproof mascara, and found this one to be the best one. I like the intensity it gives my short straight lashes. It's easy to wash off, but doesn't smudge AT ALL!, I've always had a problem with mascara smudging, even waterproof ones. It's on the pricy side, but I am willing to shell out the extra $$$.

on 7/25/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this from Nordstrom's and THANK GOODNESS I didn't buy it!! At first, I loved it. It made my eyelashes look absolutely gorgeous! But then it just started flaking off, with gritty pieces falling into my eyes, irritating them. No matter how thinly I applied it, I could not get it to work. This mascara had me running back to my Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof.

on 7/24/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After hearing my coworker rave about how great this was, I finally tried when it went on sale.

The price: $30, The Tube: nice, light and compact, The actual mascara:

Goes on very nicely, doesn't clump, feels light and gives great separation. However, for me, it did not do any of what everyone raved about. There was no dramatic effect, no intense black color, not much lenghtening. While these are not negatives, I had higher expectations.

On the plus side, besides the first sentence above, it wears great all day, does not smear, does not irritate my eyes, great for every day wear and it's very easy to remove. I wore this on a 105 degree weather at night with humidity and pouring rain. It stayed on through a play, dinner and walks in the rain. And I'm a contact lens wearer.

Again, it's my every day mascara and would buy again once I'm out. But for a night time or dramatic effect, I'll stick to Chanel Le Volume.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Chanel Inimitable Intense: $30

Ugh!--NO, thank you! Let me tell you, this starts off beautiful, it applies lovely, makes my lashes long and thick, doesn't clump, it's just gorgeous, but within a few hours, it looks clumpy, goopy and just like old, nasty mascara that needs to come off my lashes NOW. I don't even know how this is possible; that the actual *look* of a mascara changing throughout the day. I mean, sure, mascaras lose curl or smudge, but I've never had a mascara actually change the way it looks on my lashes.

It's too bad because as I said, application is quite nice, with it's LashBlast-esque brush and deep pigmentation...I can get the full, dramatic look I want with very little time spent building it up. A little bit of volume and length and it holds curl...I *love* the look I get, so much, that I was willing to drop $30 on a tube. It doesn't smudge or flake on me either, and even through a little bit of light rain, it held its own on my oily self.
...Except for the way it looked.

Packaging is nice with a shiny, slightly rounded-squareish tube, and typical of Chanel, feels like quality in the hand but I'm returning this product and sticking with my drugstore favorites in the hideous orange and purple tubes: LashBlast and The Falsies.

on 6/20/2013 9:54:00 PM

Love love love this mascara!
Even though it is super expensive, I think that it is worth the price for the results it gives. My lashes are a medium length but using this, they look really long and lush.
I don't know if it has fibres in it, but it doesn't appear to. I've had mascaras in the past that have fibres in them, and they end up flaking, and are very hard to remove.
This mascara is very easy to remove at the end of the day, but also stays on very well throughout the day. I am a photographer, and so my eye is regularly pressed against the view finder of my camera. Still this mascara doesn't flake off, which is a welcome treat, for sure!
Once this one has run out, I'll try out Benefit's They're Real, because I've read lots of great reviews about it, but I would definitely use this one again in the future also...it's just a shame it's so expensive!!!

on 5/6/2013 3:50:00 PM

Super expensive...but super awesome. This is probably my favorite mascara. I tend to switch between this, Bobbi Brown Extreme Party and Diorshow. This doesn't give a ton of volume but it does not clump or flake at all.