December 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Intense Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sunnyflowergirl

This is without a doubt one of the best mascaras on the planet. I started using this product when I had a really bad experience with semi permanent false lashes- basically they ripped most of my lashes out. I did a lot of research and stumbled across this mascara. It was a god send. It made me look as though I had lashes when I had barely any!

Since then (and since my lashes grew back) I've been addicted. I have really short lashes anyway and this makes my lashes full and long! People always comment on my lashes, it's amazing. It lasts all day, with no smudging. I have since tried the new Chanel mascara, 'Le Volume De Chanel', but it isn't a patch on the inimitable. The Volume De Chanel was just really clumpy and wet. It didn't add length at all.

The only draw back to this mascara is the price, but if you are willing to pay for quality, then go buy it- you really do need it in your life!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Chanel is by far my favourite makeup brand but this mascara didn't really impress me. For the first 3 weeks of owning this mascara, it gave me the most beautiful length, separation, curl and volume and it lasted literally ALL day. My lashes have never looked more doll like. Unfortunately though, the formula dried out super fast and now whenever I wear it, I still am able to get that gorgeous look but it only lasts for around an hour before my lashes start to fall and the mascara flakes off. I paid $36 for this mascara and and it hasn't even lasted me one month. How disappointing, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to always buy waterproof mascara because it was the only thing that would hold the curl in my eyelashes. I started noticing my lashes becoming more sparse, which I attributed to having to work at getting waterproof mascara out. I tried a few non waterproof mascara, and found this one to be the best one. I like the intensity it gives my short straight lashes. It's easy to wash off, but doesn't smudge AT ALL!, I've always had a problem with mascara smudging, even waterproof ones. It's on the pricy side, but I am willing to shell out the extra $$$.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a free sample of this from Nordstrom's and THANK GOODNESS I didn't buy it!! At first, I loved it. It made my eyelashes look absolutely gorgeous! But then it just started flaking off, with gritty pieces falling into my eyes, irritating them. No matter how thinly I applied it, I could not get it to work. This mascara had me running back to my Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Sari7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing my coworker rave about how great this was, I finally tried when it went on sale.

The price: $30, The Tube: nice, light and compact, The actual mascara:

Goes on very nicely, doesn't clump, feels light and gives great separation. However, for me, it did not do any of what everyone raved about. There was no dramatic effect, no intense black color, not much lenghtening. While these are not negatives, I had higher expectations.

On the plus side, besides the first sentence above, it wears great all day, does not smear, does not irritate my eyes, great for every day wear and it's very easy to remove. I wore this on a 105 degree weather at night with humidity and pouring rain. It stayed on through a play, dinner and walks in the rain. And I'm a contact lens wearer.

Again, it's my every day mascara and would buy again once I'm out. But for a night time or dramatic effect, I'll stick to Chanel Le Volume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Chanel Inimitable Intense: $30

Ugh!--NO, thank you! Let me tell you, this starts off beautiful, it applies lovely, makes my lashes long and thick, doesn't clump, it's just gorgeous, but within a few hours, it looks clumpy, goopy and just like old, nasty mascara that needs to come off my lashes NOW. I don't even know how this is possible; that the actual *look* of a mascara changing throughout the day. I mean, sure, mascaras lose curl or smudge, but I've never had a mascara actually change the way it looks on my lashes.

It's too bad because as I said, application is quite nice, with it's LashBlast-esque brush and deep pigmentation...I can get the full, dramatic look I want with very little time spent building it up. A little bit of volume and length and it holds curl...I *love* the look I get, so much, that I was willing to drop $30 on a tube. It doesn't smudge or flake on me either, and even through a little bit of light rain, it held its own on my oily self.
...Except for the way it looked.

Packaging is nice with a shiny, slightly rounded-squareish tube, and typical of Chanel, feels like quality in the hand but I'm returning this product and sticking with my drugstore favorites in the hideous orange and purple tubes: LashBlast and The Falsies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by MrsNoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this mascara!
Even though it is super expensive, I think that it is worth the price for the results it gives. My lashes are a medium length but using this, they look really long and lush.
I don't know if it has fibres in it, but it doesn't appear to. I've had mascaras in the past that have fibres in them, and they end up flaking, and are very hard to remove.
This mascara is very easy to remove at the end of the day, but also stays on very well throughout the day. I am a photographer, and so my eye is regularly pressed against the view finder of my camera. Still this mascara doesn't flake off, which is a welcome treat, for sure!
Once this one has run out, I'll try out Benefit's They're Real, because I've read lots of great reviews about it, but I would definitely use this one again in the future also...it's just a shame it's so expensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by LHartford

Super expensive...but super awesome. This is probably my favorite mascara. I tend to switch between this, Bobbi Brown Extreme Party and Diorshow. This doesn't give a ton of volume but it does not clump or flake at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd been wanting to try this mascara for quite a while, and now that I have, I'm a bit disappointed. It's very black, which is lovely, and I was surprised that I liked the wand (it's one of those plastic bristle wands, which usually end up depositing too much mascara on my lashes and they all clump together).

But I'm just not that impressed with the formula. It's difficult to get nice separation on the lashes, and it doesn't wear all that well. After several hours I start to get little flakes.
My lashes are quite long, but they are blond and so I need my mascara to give me volume without the lashes all sticking together, and this only does it with quite a bit of work on my part.
I just don't think I should have to work this hard with a mascara that costs this much. I'd rather stick with DS and spend more on items that I won't have to toss after 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after returning my Diorshow mascara which I absolutely loathed! I bought this on a whim because I had heard that Chanel mascara's were great for girls with short eyelashes like me. I am caucasian but my eyelashes are really short and straight (like asian lashes) Shiseido, Lancome, Mac, Clinique etc NEVER worked for me. I am in love with Chanel's Inimitable Intense Mascara...Seriously it does wonders for me. I don't have over the top eyelashes or anything, but they have length and volume and there's no flaking or smudging (feels waterproof without actually being waterproof). This stuff is incredible. I will re-buy it forever until I find something better. It sucks it's almost $40 CND but it's worth it for a fab mascara!