April 24, 2014 | 1831 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - 9 to 5

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good at taking off make up, including stubborn eye makeup. I only used it to take off eye makeup as using it elsewhere caused white heads and clogged pores. Had to follow with a AHA/BHA peel to prevent breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by robyn824

I have extremely sensitive, dry skin and this is the one face wash I come back to again and again. It is so light and gentle, and cleanses my face without drying it out at all. It leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. It removes eye makeup really well too. You can wash it off or tissue it off. Definitely worth the money, although it is pricy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I quite like 9 To 5. I find it gentle on my skin & it makes it soft. It gets rid of light makeup but I don't use it to take heavy eyeshadow or eyeliner off, I leave that to Ultrabland.

I bought the larger bottle & it has lasted me for a long time, It's nice & cool on my skin, doesn't have much of a scent which I like. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I will repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser, its a creamy/milky consistency which I use in conjunction with a muslin cloth once I've removed the bulk of my makeup. The fragrance is nice and not overpowering, since its main ingredient is orchid oil. The label on the bottle ciams that this clears skin up whilst hydrating it and I have to say it definitely does what it claims, any blemishes I had on my face cleared up fairly quickly. I'm definitely going to continue using this as it's cheap and does the job really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I no longer wear heavy makeup, so my Decleor Milk Cleanser was working fine for me. However, it is pricey and increasingly difficult to find, so I got a sample of the 9-5 and was impressed with the way it melted away mascara, eyeshadow and lipstick. Much better than the Decleor where I had to give it two go's to get it all off. The scent is a bit strange, but passable, the product does seem gentle and a final swipe with Rosewater removes any small residual. Does not aggravate my redness-prone skin and the price is very good. Need to use only a small amount.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

really basic, average cleanser, great for winter, or for people with dry skin, personally i bought it for winter, and the smell was wonderful, but this really isn't my favorite cleanser
it doesn't clean well, but moisturises well, but a cleanser is suppose to do both right?
im glad about the positive reviews out there, but personally i dont like it due to it being
1) too rich for my normal- combination skin
2) doesnt clean well
3) after washing your face and patting it dry, skin feels tight

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by shannsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG! I genuinely believe this product improves the quality of my skin, in terms of controlling oil production, keeping my pores clean, and preventing breakouts. It's perfect for daily use, as it's non-drying and fantastic at removing makeup. I use an exfoliator once or twice a week to really clean my skin, but I don't need or want a cleanser that does that for me ... cleansers that claim to do it all usually end up irritating my skin.

This stuff's so easy to use! I massage a small amount onto my face and remove the product with a makeup wipe or damp towel. I then follow with toner (my favourite being Lush Breath of Fresh Air) to remove any residue and finish with a light moisturiser. This cleanser gets extra points for not needing water to use. Nothing beats a skin regimen I can do while lying in bed as I'm already falling asleep.

The scent's nothing special. The packaging is also a bit crap, as my cap broke off/in half, but that's not going to stop me from buying this again as soon as I run out. For the record, I've been using this every day for about half a year, so the bottle lasts a fair while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I use this product strictly as a makeup remover, and I LOVE it. It takes of even the most stubborn of make up gently and with ease. I apply a small amount to my entire face, including the eye area, and then wipe it off with a cotton pad & it takes off EVERYTHING! It's better than any makeup remover that I have ever used & it smells very nice - light & floral-y. I have had problems with removers being too oily or too drying, and this is neither. It actually leaves the skin feeling quite moisturized.

But, I always follow up with a cleanser/acne wash after using this product to clean my skin. It does an awesome job of taking off my makeup, but it doesn't leave me with that "clean" feeling. However, I do have combination/acne-prone skin, so that may be why. I love this product, I highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by darkfeathers

I went ahead and bought this without getting a sample. At $16 AUD, it was pretty expensive compared to my old cleansers (I used apricot scrub and QV). It was less expensive than the Aqua Marina though and way less messy. I think I keep getting sucked into the 'it will last way longer" spreel.
Anyway, I've only started using this and I love it. Even though I follow this with Celestial, I dont think it needs much moisturising after, and its really quick and easy to use. I find the smell lovely and it hasnt made me break out. Its got pluses for being able to take off eye makeup (which Aqua Marina never did) and it makes my skin feel soft after.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For quite some time I have used Lush's Ultrabland cleanser, but it is rather heavy (ok, let's face it, it's a bit like spreading Crisco on your face). I live in Florida, and though I love how thoroughly clean Ultrabland makes my skin, it can add a bit too much oil as well. Well, enter 9 to 5. It cleanses as effectively as Ultrabland, but is so much easier to remove and leaves my skin with almost no residue (Ultrabland always leaves some residual oil behind).

It is a bit fussier to use than typical cleansers. In my experience you cannot slather it on wet skin, rub for a few seconds and then rinse with water. 9 to 5 requires a bit more effort, which not everyone will want to sign on for. This is how I use it: squeeze out a tiny amount onto my fingertips, rub over my eyes for about 30 seconds, then wipe my eyes with either a tissue or cotton ball, removing all my eye makeup. Then I take a bit more in my palm, and then rub this all over my dry face for about a minute, really massaging it in. Then I wet a washcloth or muslin face cloth and rub all the cream off. I do the eyes first because it makes the washcloth really gross to get mascara all over it. I then spray a healthy amount of Lush's Eau Roma toner all over my face and wipe that off with a cotton ball, removing the last traces of the 9 to 5.

I have sensitive, yet slightly oily skin that also suffers from rosacea (which leads to bumps on my cheeks that can peel as well- so my skin can be oily and flaky at the same time). This cleanser seems to be decreasing my skin's oil production, decreasing the rosacea reaction than can lead to flakiness, and is not clogging my pores as of yet. I have been using the product for about 3 weeks.

EDIT: Sigh. After using this for almost 2 months, it has started to irritate my face. Over time I developed these little bumps all over my forehead (not red, just bumpy) and my cheeks started to get flaky. It is not unusual for me to have a product work for a little while and then just stop, and that is what has happened here. Taking it down a few lippies.