July 22, 2014 | 2262 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - 9 to 5

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to like this. The synthesised chemicals are waaaay down the list, which gave me hope. Oh so much hope. Then I used it.

Bit of back story- I used to use Lush's ultra bland cleanser, but let's be fair- it feel like spreading Crisco on your face. I wanted something with a lot of natural ingredients in it, because I find anything with a lot of chemicals in it strips my face, and can react badly with my skin (i've absolutely nothing against chemicals though, I really don't. Back in my acne days it was pretty much the more the better). So I went into Lush, and an assistant pointed me to this- something light and most importantly to me, in a bottle. I hate anything that comes in a tub.

So I used it as per instructions, wipe on, work in, wash off thoroughly. And the next morning I woke up a big scaly mess. I had what I can only term a VIOLENT reaction to this. It was awful, it was itchy, it was uncomfortable, and it was embarrassing. I let it clear up, and after about three weeks (optimum healing time for me!) I gave it another go, just so I could be sure. I willing put my face up against the cleanser again, for definitive proof. Scientific method 101. Same result, same scaly skin.

Long story short- I'm sure for some people this is the best thing for your skin, and it works well for you. For me, it was a really terrible thing to use. So for any other people who have sensitive, dry skin who want a gentle cleanser, I would recommend you steer very clear of this one. I will give it this though- the bottle was really handy to use. Much more hygienic than the pots Lush usually use, I wish more of their stuff was sold like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by 1432

I think this product is a great cleanser for lazy people like me. I use it when I'm feeling lazy because it doesn't need water and is so easy to use. It also doesn't leave a tight feeling like other cleansers might. It feels a bit sticky after you wipe it off but eventually it will sink in and you'll have soft, clean skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This used to be my only cleanser for nearly 7-12 months. It wasn't overly stripping, removed makeup and was basic in terms of bottle design and hygienic. Slowly my skin started to get a little more red and a little more angry and I never put two and two together... All of a sudden my eyelid would start swelling and i was blaming my mascaras and dietary conditions and all sorts, only to realize my eyelid had swelled beyond recognition for days at a time because of this cleanser! My eyelid would itch then swell and puff like crazy, nearly cutting off my vision, and the skin would crack and flake off in big pieces. The most horrendous sight to be seen. It'd take at least 3 days to look somewhat normal and then an entire week plus a day or two to be entirely gone. I nicknamed the reaction the "Quazimodo" effect. It was disasterous. Now i have hyper sensitive lids that are permenantly dry and a bit flakey until I can find a product to try heal this hidious reaction. I hope this serves as a solution to my fellow devoted natural skin care lovers in case they cannot find what is causing reactions and hopefully saves a few unsightly messes and anguish over the exhaustion of ideas to what could cause such irritation in those of us unfortunate to strike it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a high tolerance for heavily fragranced cleansers (Chanel purete mousse) or chemical smelling ones (holla at Kiehls washable cleanser), but danggg this here is on another level. I cannot deal with this smell. Yes it removes makeup, its affordable, good packaging.. But the smell makes this a miss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on such a lush kick lately. 9 to 5 is a thick moisturizing cleanser to me, and I really like it now that it is getting drier out because it does not irritate my skin. I don't really like it for washing off makeup, it doesn't really make a dent on my eyeliner or mascara. I use it in the morning when I shower to clean my face. Smells really nice too!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely fine product-it smells really nice, and it certainly didn't do my skin any harm (I used it with the hot cloth cleansing method). However, I think I prefer a slightly thicker cleanser, and while it didn't make my skin worse in any way, it also didn't make it noticeably better. Overall, there's nothing wrong with this product, but I think I'll try other options.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good at taking off make up, including stubborn eye makeup. I only used it to take off eye makeup as using it elsewhere caused white heads and clogged pores. Had to follow with a AHA/BHA peel to prevent breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by robyn824

I have extremely sensitive, dry skin and this is the one face wash I come back to again and again. It is so light and gentle, and cleanses my face without drying it out at all. It leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. It removes eye makeup really well too. You can wash it off or tissue it off. Definitely worth the money, although it is pricy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I quite like 9 To 5. I find it gentle on my skin & it makes it soft. It gets rid of light makeup but I don't use it to take heavy eyeshadow or eyeliner off, I leave that to Ultrabland.

I bought the larger bottle & it has lasted me for a long time, It's nice & cool on my skin, doesn't have much of a scent which I like. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I will repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser, its a creamy/milky consistency which I use in conjunction with a muslin cloth once I've removed the bulk of my makeup. The fragrance is nice and not overpowering, since its main ingredient is orchid oil. The label on the bottle ciams that this clears skin up whilst hydrating it and I have to say it definitely does what it claims, any blemishes I had on my face cleared up fairly quickly. I'm definitely going to continue using this as it's cheap and does the job really well.