LUSH 9 to 5

Water (Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Stearic Acid, Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Everlasting Flower Absolute (Helichrysum italicum), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Let me start off by saying that I can see why people like this, it just isn't for me.

A LUSH sales associate insisted on giving me a sample of this after discovering that I was not using a LUSH cleanser as part of my skin care routine. I was not looking to switch up my cleansers in the first place and was not interested in this product for two reasons. 1) I love my Mario Badescu cleansers, and 2) I use my Clarisonic Mia2 every night after removing makeup, so none of LUSH's cleansers were really going to work well for me because I did not want to chance damaging my brush heads with the exfoliating particles in LUSH's cleansers.

Well, after going on and on about how great 9 to 5 would be for me, and giving me a very generous sized sample of this, it is safe to say that I will not be running out and buying this product. Let's see, I end up using way to much of this, since I have to use it twice each time I use it-once to remove my makeup and then once with my Clarisonic. I just think it's too wasteful for how expensive this cleanser is. I don't think that using it once is enough to really cleanse my face and remove my makeup, and using a different cleanser or makeup remover with this just reinforces my decision that I do not need this since it is nearly the same routine but with a more expensive product...

It does a decent job at removing makeup, leaves my skin smooth and does not cause me to break out, it's just a waste of money and not a necessity in my opinion.

EDIT: I will not repurchase, as I have said before, but I have found a way that works well for my skin as well as with a Clarisonic. I remove my makeup with Ultrabland and a hot towel, then lightly massage my damp face with 9 to 5, and follow up with my Clarisonic with the remainder of the product that is left on my face. I love the milky consistency of 9 to 5 and how smooth my face is, as well as the fact that every drop of my makeup is removed. Even though I have really enjoyed using it this way, I will not repurchase since this made my already extensive night time skin routine, even longer.

love this cleanser! I'm usually not a big fan of milky cleansers as they don't remove makeup that well nor cleanse my face properly when I'm not wearing any makeup. This is the first milky cleanser that I use to cleanse and/or remove makeup and I feel that it really purifies my skin deeply, I can feel my skin clean and fresh after using it.
I like to massage it for 3-5 minutes and then remove with a cotton pad, I usually do that twice and then I rinse with cold water. It removes everything, waterproof makeup included, by the 1st time, but because I'm a cleansing-freak I like to cleanse my face twice, but you don't have to, really, the cotton pad comes out clear on the second time.
It's not agressive and it doesn't sensitize my skin at all, although I can feel my eyes a bit sensitive if I use I don't use the cotton gently around this area.
Another must about this product is it doesn't leave an oily residue, when I rinse it comes all off and I don't feel any oil on my face, I feel my skin really fresh and clean.
I usually only use this at night, but if you have super oily skin you can use it in the morning as well. I really love this cleanser and I recommend it for all skin types but specially for oily and/or sensitive skin.

I kinda love this stuff. It was given to me as a gift, but I really think I might repurchase when I run out. The best thing about this product is that you can totally get it in your eyes no problem! Which is great, because i use it to get rid of mascara and ain't no way to do that without getting anything in your eyes. I just put some on a washcloth and rub my skin. It takes a couple passes to get all my eye makeup off, but unless you're using straight oil that's just how it goes. No residue, don't need to moisturize after, just wipe and go to bed. Perfect.

I've awarded this 3 lippies, however I do love this product. I have knocked off two lippies because for 1, I think it is quite expensive for how quickly I go through it, and 2, it doesn't really remove mascara easily! But it is simple to use and quick, and it has quite a good result! On lazy days I feel like I can use it alone to cleanse my face, but most the times I follow up with another cleanser (I alternate between Lush - Herbalism & Lush - Dark Angels, these don't really remove make up when used alone, but work well once make up is already removed). I used to use this by putting some in my palm and rubbing all over my face so the oil can break down the make up, then removing with cotton pads. However I think it works so much better using the hot cloth method. So instead of using cotton pads, run the cloth under hot water and remove that way, it also works as a gentle exfoliation and it helps to remove every last trace of make up. I like the packaging too, it is easy to pop in your over night bag and travel with.

I love this product! I am very acne prone and oily and i just needed something gentle that wont break me out. I got the smaller size to try it out and i love it! I defently recomend this product it is AMAZING! A little bit does go a long way.

I use this on nights that I feel lazy or the middle of the day quick cleanser. I just pour some in my palm and rub it onto my face. Then use tea tree water toner and I cotton pad to remove it from face. It removes all the dirt and oil from my face and leaves it refreshed an not dry. I don't use this on makeup, as I don't think it would do a good enough job getting all of it off.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is FANTASTIC! my only problem with it is that I feel that I have to use so much of it to take off my make up at night, I even rinse a majority off with a warm wash cloth before I use it and I still have to slather it on my face two or three time to get everything off. HOWEVER, I wake up in the morning and my skin feels clean and fresh my pores are shrunken down and so were any problem area. This stuff is a life saver and until I figure out a better system for it at night it only gets 4 stars otherwise I would probably give it a thousand because of the end result.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After receiving a sample of this, I didn't like it... at all. My first time trying it at night to remove heavy mascara and eyeliner, I felt this was too thin and runny. The second time trying it, I used it in the morning with a cotton square and followed with a swipe of LUSH Eau Roma Water. So simple... and my skin felt soothed at this point. I then applied LUSH's Celestial moisturizer (which pairs well because of similar ingredients)... and I am now loving the results, just clearer better balanced skin.... no breakouts and my makeup applies smoother. I find *9 to 5* to be the perfect balance between a heavy emollient make up remover (think Pond's cold cream or LUSH Ultrabland) and those watery types that wreak of alchohol and other irritating/drying ingredients. This product is not greasy, does not leave that icky-sticky film that others do, yet it is extremely gentle and non--stripping. I have suffered most of my adult life with skin issues, rashes, and sensitivities due to Lupus, so skin care had become very a frustrating and upsetting chore. In the past I had been over-doing it, obsessed with getting my skin clear incorrectly thinking "more is better or stronger is faster". Finding the rare product which works well without consuming too much effort or time, is such a relief and a blessing to me.

Gosh I wanted to love this product like I love Angels on Bare Skin but I failed. I used this for about one month as a gentle make up remover (I only wear sun scream for most of the times) and my skin broke out. Never have pimple problem but have got 3 huge ones (2 in my chins and 1 in my rose) and my skin became so oily shin during the day. I tried to identify which step was wrong and this product is the only new member in my skin care line. It felt so oily after I use it and follow that I still use a strong cleaning form but still can't totally get ride of the oil feeling. It definitely caused my face producing extra oil and can't get cleaned completely. Won't buy again. Not a good choice for combination to oily skin for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really, really wanted to like this. The synthesised chemicals are waaaay down the list, which gave me hope. Oh so much hope. Then I used it.

Bit of back story- I used to use Lush's ultra bland cleanser, but let's be fair- it feel like spreading Crisco on your face. I wanted something with a lot of natural ingredients in it, because I find anything with a lot of chemicals in it strips my face, and can react badly with my skin (i've absolutely nothing against chemicals though, I really don't. Back in my acne days it was pretty much the more the better). So I went into Lush, and an assistant pointed me to this- something light and most importantly to me, in a bottle. I hate anything that comes in a tub.

So I used it as per instructions, wipe on, work in, wash off thoroughly. And the next morning I woke up a big scaly mess. I had what I can only term a VIOLENT reaction to this. It was awful, it was itchy, it was uncomfortable, and it was embarrassing. I let it clear up, and after about three weeks (optimum healing time for me!) I gave it another go, just so I could be sure. I willing put my face up against the cleanser again, for definitive proof. Scientific method 101. Same result, same scaly skin.

Long story short- I'm sure for some people this is the best thing for your skin, and it works well for you. For me, it was a really terrible thing to use. So for any other people who have sensitive, dry skin who want a gentle cleanser, I would recommend you steer very clear of this one. I will give it this though- the bottle was really handy to use. Much more hygienic than the pots Lush usually use, I wish more of their stuff was sold like this.