December 18, 2014 | 1613 users online

Treatments (Face) - E.L.F. - Zit Zapper

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great price and does the job. You can't go wrong! My zits go away over night. (Although they're not the extremely inflamed zits, more like white heads or tiny red ones on occasion.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I really love this stuff. I was skeptical, especially at only $1! But it works really well. My skin has cleared up and NOT dried out, which is key with zit creams. Usually they just dry me out and make it look even worse than before. This stuff doesn't do that. It's also clear so you can wear it under make up if desired. It smells great too. Definitely love this and would repurchase! The best part is the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't know how, but this stuff really works. This obviously isn't gonna work if you have an acne problem, but it'll work really well for those lone pimples that pop up every now and then or those PMS breakouts we all hate so much.

I used this twice a day and within maybe ~30 hours or so, my pimple became flat and just a little spot. A few days later, completely gone! That's the fastest that pimples have ever left my face.

For $1, I think people should give it a go. It probably won't work on everyone, but it worked on me and I was skeptical!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Other reviewers are saying this is the holy grail product, and others say it just did absolutely nothing or broke them out further.

I'm kind of in between. This product has amazing ingredients, all of which help greatly reduce redness and puffyness that zits can cause. That's great! And it's only $1, which is fantastic. You get a great amount of product for the price, and it is very very easy to use.

So, on to how it works with me. It... doesn't really... But it might be because of the location of my pimples. I tend to get lots of them right on my lip line. Just about 5 days ago I started feeling one come in right in the middle of my upper lip line. I decided to put this product really to the test. I put it on that morning and night. The next morning I found that my blemish had finally made it's appearance and was really red and noticeable. So, of course, I put this miracle product on in the morning and night. Both times I applied this, I didn't have any results. Nothing seemed to be happening, no less red, no less puffy. I continued this until the 4th day (yesterday) when my pimple was completely ready to be popped (gross, I know *sigh*), and so I popped it and put some of this on there as well. Again, nothing happened that was "amazing" or "magical" or holy grail worthy. I was quite disappointed to say the least.

I tend to break out around my chin area sometimes as well, and a bit on my nose, so once that happens, I'll put this product to the test again. For now though... ehh, it's $1, and if it doesn't break you out, why not?

EDIT: Yeah, this doesn't work for me. Shame, I was really wanting it to work and actually get rid of those problem zits I constantly have, but all it did was absolutely nothing. I was really wanting this to be my new holy grail product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I keep these everywhere. For a dollar, why not? I don't get many pimples (thankfully) any more, but when I do - I want them gone FAST. I just dab a bit of this on a few times a day and pimples shrink and disappear without a lot of drying and/or peeling. This seems to take away redness, too. Definitely worth a try if you have an occasional zit. This isn't going to be the answer to a real acne problem, though. For that I would recommend checking out reviews for acne.org.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

ORIGINAL 12/4/2013 REVIEW: I have really oily skin & naturally, it comes with frequent acne. Reading Zit Zapper's great reviews & seeing it for $1, I figured I'd give it a try. I don't know why, but this just did not work with me & it's odd because the ingredients (salicylic acid, Witch-hazel, tea tree oil, etc.) are amazing & actually really good for acne. I used it once or twice a day - sometimes in the morning, but mostly at nighttime; I've used it several times & I honestly don't see any change, good or bad. I didn't notice any difference in the redness or size of my zits. Fortunately, it didn't make me break out more like it did other people.

It seems to work for others though so it might just depend on your skin type. Because it's only $1 & so many people have had success with it I'd recommend it just to try, but I was not impressed. If you do have one, I suggest storing it upside down so the product stays at the top of the tube. Sometimes the rolling ball gets dry & is hard to roll, or it'll roll & not dispense the acne medicine.

WEIRD 6/14/14 UPDATE: I don't know why I kept trying this, but I actually discovered that while this doesn't work on my face, it does work successfully on my body - particularly my chest & back. This did nothing for my face, but when I noticed I was breaking out on my chest & shoulders, I rubbed this on - I wasn't expecting much. It worked! From now on, I'm going to use this as a body acne treatment instead of on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I purchased this for only $1 and it works really well! Just by one use I got results just over night. I will buy this again it zapped my zits like it says

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Zaps my Zits

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this and I'm very impressed. I needed something to use in conjunction with my BHA/AHA routine as a spot treatment and this does the trick. The main thing I love about this is that there isn't any drying alcohol in it! My only complaint is that the rollerball can get a little gunky and difficult to roll, but for a dollar I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

First off, let me say that I am not at all acne prone. Seriously, I think I've had maybe 4 pimples in my life. But several months ago, I developed some pretty big whiteheads. I think it may have been from a crappy foundation. I'm not sure which one. But I had one in the center of my right cheek, a cluster on my forehead, and another cluster just below my hairline. I've tried several products to try to get rid of them. I tried tea tree oil cream, Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment (salicylic acid) and Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment Vanishing Cream Formula (Benzoyl Peroxide) I applied them all 2-3 times a day for over a month, and saw no change whatsoever in my clogged pores.

I work as a cashier, and recently had a customer who was buying this Zit Zapper. She asked me if I'd ever tried it, and said she had a friend who swore by it. I know we sell a lot of it, but I had never tried it myself. But the customer got my curious. I had a little time to kill after work, so I decided to pick one up. To be completely honest, I had very low expectations for this product. My skin is annoyingly sensitive and allergy-prone. So I was definitely worried about that. This product comes in a clear tube with a rollar ball and twist off cap. Nothing fancy, but it's effective.

Here is how I apply it: I remove my makeup completely. Then dispense the product on to my finger and rub it on the whiteheads. I let it dry (which takes about 10 seconds) and then apply a second layer. I usually apply it right before I go to bed and let it soak in. I've been using this for 3 days now. This stuff works GREAT! The whiteheads near my hairline are almost completely gone! The cluster on my forehead and the one on my cheek have shrunk significantly. Another few treatments and they will be completely gone as well. I am quite frankly amazed at how well thist stuff works. I've also worn this under my makeup with no problems whatsoever. It dries clear
Not only does it work, I haven't had ANY problems with allergic reactions or irritation. It also doesn't dry out my skin around the blemish. Hopefully I won't get any more whiteheads, but if I do, I will definitely use this product again. I have already purchased a second tube of this.

As I said before, I almost never get pimples, I can't really comment how how it works for that. But it works great for clearing up whiteheads and unclogging pores.

Another reviewers have commented on how bad this stuff smells. But I don't have any complaints. In fact, I kind of like the smell.

This is the first E.L.F. product I've tried, and I have to say, I'm very impressed. I can't believe this stuff only costs $1. It works better than products that cost over twice the price. It works well and it works quickly. Give it a try, if you don't like it, you've only wasted a dollar. But this is one of the best $'s I've ever spent! I will keep this on hand and will definitely repurchase!