September 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Omega

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my absolute favorite MAC shadows! Omega is a matte, medium brown-taupe that seems to stay true to its color. It applies perfectly all over the lid, or can be used in the crease as a transitional color. This eyeshadow is a perfect neutral for my skin tone, and looks sexy with Mac Patina or Mulch in the crease. Very pretty! I also love pairing this with Mac Satin Taupe in the crease for a flawless smoky brown eye! Mac Omega seems pretty simple in the pan, but glides on so buttery and pigmented onto eyelids. It's so soft and smooth, it looks more satin-y on the lid. With its quality and versatility, it is a must have!
I love how this shadow goes with my features. It is completely neutral, not too cool, not too warm, just the perfect amount of each. My blue eyes pop with this eyeshadow, and illuminates with my red auburn hair and light skin.
I think that Omega is a vital shadow to have in a make up collection. Completely beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Makeupluffer4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow! I use it everyday it is so beautiful.
Can be used as a all over lid color. Definitely the best matte neutral brown shadow that I ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG just the color I was looking for! I love to use this with a shimmery white and with this color on the crease. I looks so natural and beautiful. It is a matte taupey color with a hint of grey, on me it gives off a more taupe color. I would definetly repurchase this

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Omega is my least favorite MAC shadow. I bought it because I wanted a cool neutral to use as a crease contour. I'm NC 25, hazel eyes, and this doesn't work at all, I can pack it on but it won't show. It works as a base matte for the lid but it looks blah on me, and it's really difficult to blend with other colors. I think it's the matte 1 formula (matte 2 are easier to blend). I occassionally use it as a cheek contour when I want something cool (I usually contour with Benefit Hoola which is warm). Omega isn't a bad color but it doesn't work for me. I wouldn't repurchase.
**EDIT** I'm really starting to like Omega. If I put Grain on the lid (a neutral beige-silver satin) and Omega built up in the crease and outer v, it gives the perfect "no make-up make up look". I may even repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's been said a million times that Omega is great for brows, but what I like to use it for is my transition... well not on its own, but mixed with Kid or Wedge. When I am doing a look that calls for a cooler transition I reach for Omega. Used on it's own it can look a little flat, so I like to add just a little warmth from one of the others. I did a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog, so feel free to check it out if you'd like!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I do not have many MAC eyeshadows left after I overhauled my makeup collection. I kept about 10 MAC eyeshadows and this was one of them. It is irreplaceable in my opinion. I do not use it for brows as most people do. I use it as a transition color because the other popular ones (MAC Soft Brown, Texture, Kid) are too orange or dark for my skin. I have difficult skin to match, I estimate it around NC20, beauty professionals have a difficult time matching me. My body is very pale and yellow but my face is not as yellow but not noticeably pink. I like neutral browns and since I am fair this suits me best as a nice transition color without being too warm or grey. If you have the same problem I would check it out. I do not use it for any other purpose but I just don't seem to like any other shadow similar to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Omega is a light soft neutral brown, that MAC desribes as a soft muted beige-brown.
Itīs a matte formula, so no shimmer here in this colour.
Omega is one of the colours, which look very boring in the pan, but are incredibly versatile.
My first idea to use this shadow was in the crease. Perfect for that, because itīs not too dark and gives the perfect daytime/office look.
Second I used it as an eyeliner and it worked good for those days, when you donīt want harsh lines and dark colours in your eye make-up , but a soft and pretty look.
Recently, I discovered it as an eyebrow colour. Iīm a MAC NC 20/BB sand with amber eyes, dark eyebrows and dark lashes. Quite dark eyebrows, like dark brown, that looks almost black. My eyebrows are much darker than my natural hair colour (light to middle brown), but this colours rocks for my eyebrows. I have thick eyebrows, but I have to fill in some gaps, because my natural brows donīt grow that perfect.
I totally hate this look, when your eyebrows look like some too dark caterpillars on your face and the first thing you see in the face are these way too dark artificial eyebrows. It looks this way when I use a darker brown colour like MACs brun for my brows. Way too dark!
I go for a rather natural brow, like my brows but better, so I use a Sigma E65 small angle brush and lightly fill my brows with small strokes. To finish, I use a brow gloss from the drugstore or some eight hour cream to give it a glossy and healthy look. My brows look more defined and groomed like they are naturally that good looking when I wake up (LOL) without harsh lines or a too dark colour
Truly, I love this shadow for my eyebrows and besides that, it just works for all the other things too.
If I go on vacation again, I will take a MAC pro pan with 4 eyeshadows with me and guess what: Omega would be the first I choose to take with me.
So it is a multipurpose eyeshadow and very recommended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd heard Mac Omega is the best eyebrow color--a matte taupe. It works on my dark brows that are not as thick any more that I've gotten older. Some brow pencils are too dark, and I hate waxy pencils. I simply take a short bristled brush and brush this shadow into my brows. I have to admit, I've never used it as a taupe shadow and I assume it would be great, but this is sort of reserved "brows only." And I keep hitting pan--so would I rebuy? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great light matte brown with no red undertones. It works well for filling in my brows and it also works awesome as a crease colour to subtly give my eyes more depth without being super obvious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very unassuming color in the pan. It's a boring looking basic that is soooo useful if you are pale and cool toned. I use it for my eyebrows (I have red hair so it works for not just blonds). I like it in the crease for blending when UD naked and MAC wedge or kid are too dark and too warm (Malt is also great for this). I feel like MAC matte finishes are hit or miss and this one is a hit (Malt is a bit of a miss). It's not quite as buttery as a matte2 but close. I can also use it to contour my face. It's a perfect contour color on me. It's not an exciting color to buy, but is soooo useful and has such a nice texture.