April 16, 2014 | 1564 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by katieswensen

I decided to try this out because I LOVE Diorshow mascara, but I returned it to Sephora immediately. It made mascara difficult to apply and the effect was clumpy and unnatural. The Diorshow looks better without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Kairla

For all you ladies just putting this on under your mascara, you are missing out on the best part of this product! It is good for adding length and volume under mascara (I use the maximizer, Dior Iconic Overcurl and Diorshow Blackout on top for drama). The best thing to grow your lashes is to put this on overnight. I have decent lashes but love a dramatic lash so I was using fake lashes that destroyed what I had. I purchased this and within 2 weeks my lashes were strong, shiny and long! Super amazing product!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum definitely works as a mascara base in so much as it makes lashes look longer and more voluminous. However, it definitely lessens the staying power of the mascara you use with it (I have tried it with my Diorshow Iconic and also lancome hypnose which normally stays on me all day without any problems). It smudges rather than flakes and makes your mascara have a bit of a greasy feel.

As a serum used daily overnight it doesn't seem to have done anything for my lashes.

However, positives are that its a similar price to my favourite lash primer, lancome cils booster, but almost double the quantity, so if this one works for you then it might be much better value! Sadly for me a bit of a let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I have stubborn straight Asian lashes, and have tried primers from Estée Lauder, Lancôme++. The other ones I tried were too wet, making my lashes to fall straight down after applying (even when I curl them). The formulas did not give me noticeable extra length either.

I like both the wand and the formula. The formula makes my lashes become longer and does not make them fall down. The wand keeps the lashes separated and not clumpy (even though it has a gel like consistency). After applying, you have to let it dry a little bit before applying mascara. If not the lashes fall down.

I have repurchased this several times, and I am very happy with this primer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did thicken and lengthen my lashes for a bit of oomph but nothing too dramatic for the price you pay. Hardly a month in and for some reason the mascara brush head got unscrewed from the wand, rendering it pretty much useless.Not something I'd repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by hyunji82

I went on a makeover at the Dior counter after I got my foundation and the makeup artist applied this product on me.

My eyelashes are not very long and they look a bit bland. So I always put on mascara and eyeliner during the week.

The product itself is like a white gel kinda liquid with no particular smell or anything like that. You apply this into your lashes or your eyeline and it dries quite quickly. Then I would put on my mascara and eyeliner.

I think it does make your eyelashes longer but not fuller - obviously if you dont have many lashes to begin with, they are not going to look fuller unless you put on multiple coatings of mascara.

I do feel that my lashes look a bit more defined with this product and I think it is good for eyeliner as well cuz the eyeliner stays put for ages until you remove it at night.

It says that it makes your eyelashes to its full potential but I dont think there's magic to it. It does what it says on the tin - your lashes look longer and plumper.

It was about 32 Euros here in Ireland but I'm quite happy with the result. I might buy it again although it is quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this primer for about 2 weeks now, and I have to say I do like it. I can't really compare it to the other popular primer by Lancome b/c this is the only primer I've ever used. I think the thing is, you have to use it with the right mascara to get the full effect. You also have to make sure your lashes are positioned how you want them after applying it but before applying mascara to get the full benefit. It's essentially like a white mascara, so you comb the product through the lashes and then use a lash comb or spoolie to get them positioned properly. You don't want to wait to long for mascara, but you also don't want to immediately apply it. I'd say a good 10-15 seconds is perfect. Then all you need to do is brush the mascara over the primer. I do curl my lashes prior to the primer and this locks in my curl all day. I think that a traditional brush applicator works best vs. a plastic spiky brush b/c you're not "un-doing" the work you already did with the primer - you are more or less just adding to it to darken your lashes. I find you run the risk of more clumps when you use plastic bristle mascaras. I tried this with Voluminous Million Lashes, Voluminous Carbon Black, Revlon 3D, MAC In Dimension, Diorshow Extase, and Telescopic Shocking. Voluminous Carbon Black works best, but when I'm done I stretch the lashes out further by going over the tips GENTLY with the Telescopic wand. Sounds like a lot of work, but it's not. Granted, I have long-ish lashes already, but this method works for me and I will re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this after all the rave reviews so when I got a Sephora GC, it was the first thing I went to buy. Unfortunately I was very disappointed and returned it. I didn't like the way my mascara went on over it.... it made my lashes look stiff, spidery and clumpy. Granted...they stayed stiff, spidery and clumpy all day so I guess if that's the look you're looking for then great. I did not try it overnight as a treatment so maybe for that it's ok, but I don't see how this stuff could be good for your lashes really. For the price, I expected way more. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This does absolutely nothing. I did one eye with this underneath, and one without and could not tell the difference. I actually had better results just using a few coats of mascara and skipping this altogether.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always have this in my makeup bag. I use it as a primer before putting on mascara and it adds volume and a bit of length to my lashes. It contain very fine fiber. So fine you can't even see it. I tried Lancôme and Sephora lash primer but they just don't look the same. Plus the other two are just labeled as primer. Unlike this one I can also use it at night as a serum. It helps with the growth of my lashes.
Because it works I'm willing to buy it again and again even though it costs $28. The label says it last for 6 months after opening. But I've been using the same tube for more than 6 months and it's still here.