Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss

3.9

on 11/3/2012 4:24:00 AM

I agree with flyingfish below that this is how a vampire would smell like.

Don't get me wrong. I like it. I think it's sexy in a slightly morbid kind of way. Kinda like a bottle straight out of Morticia Adams' wardrobe. I think the people who like this scent might be best friends with people who like Demeter Funeral Home. :)

I want to but I don't think I'm brave enough to use this. This honestly scares the bejesus out of me whenever I smell it. I always feel like there's a vampire coming or the ghost of my dead relative is just right behind me. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that my heart races when I smell this. I watch too many movies.

I won't throw away mine, though. I'll keep it for when I need to channel my inner Morticia.

Well, since it's Halloween, it's in season I guess :)

on 10/22/2012 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this! To me this has the same tones as Kat Von D's Sinner which I also love. I live in a med size town and can't get to Sinner easily and prefer not to order online when possible. I will be buying most items in thia scent and the sparkly pump. It's such a sexy scent! My husband keeps smelling my neck and kissing on me when I wear this. A very nice extra bonus bc I would wear it even if it made him barf. Sorry for saying barf, oh I just said barf again. This scent smells a million times better than barf. I should get a marketing job, "Buy this, it smells much better then barf and men will desire you."

on 10/16/2012 11:09:00 AM

One of my favorite scents to wear for all occasions.
This is a rich, musky, dark Berrie scent. If Sexy had a scent this would be it.

From friends, to my boyfriends mother, everyone i know seems to comment on how good I smell when I wear it. the scent is more of a winter scent. Its very saturated and far from fresh and clean scented.

The only thing that irritates me is the scent changes from product to product. An example is.. The body spray/EDT smells so delectable as does the body lotion and Body Butter and Shower gel. But the Body Cream and sometimes a body butter.. smells like Road kill when mixed with my body chemistry. May be just me, but still something to keep in the back of your mind when purchasing.

A quick tip, If you want these Bath and Body scents to last longer. take SOME lotion and put it in your hair or on your jeans. Its safe on clothing and as for your hair its not sujested but wont hurt it. HA!

on 10/15/2012 5:40:00 PM

My cousin got me the gift set for my birthday. I usually favor light crisp fruity smells, and not a fan of vanilla or musky scents. The incense smell I had to get used to, but I fell in love with Dark Kiss. It's like a sexy fruity smell. I usually do 2 sprays and it stays for awhile on me. When the musk fades, it leaves a light smell of berries and vanilla.
My guy friends also love it! They asked me what it was and one of them tried to buy it for themselves. lol I went on a date recently and I noticed the guy leaning in smelling me. So ladies this is a scent that turns guys on. :P

on 9/30/2012 6:06:00 PM

Absolutely love this scent! I have it in the fragrance mist and I wear it everyday. I've had so many different people compliment me on it! A few friends even bought it after they found out what scent it was. It is unique and incorporates all of my favorite smells. Highly recomend trying it out!

on 8/30/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I would really enjoy Dark Kiss if not for its berry notes. Initially, I liked this musky fragrance. It is a great change from all the fruity, little kid scents that are so indicative of B&BW. The incense, vanilla, and vetiver notes are very pleasing and rich. There is just enough sweetness to balance out the spice. Unfortunately, I detest the raspberry/blackberry note that is in the body of the fragrance. It is totally synthetic and cheapens the effect. I wouldn't buy this for myself but I will say that Dark Kiss has great sillage. Much stronger than other sprays they carry.

Yes, this is very strong and sweet.
No, it is not for the faint of heart.
No, it should not be worn to work or out to the grocery store.
But I'm not going to lie, wearing this always has and always will make me feel like a downright sexy vixen. I don't wear it on a daily basis, but when I feel like something decadent, this is perfect. And the boy seems to love it. ;)

I was looking for something girlish and sweet for days when I don't feel like using my expensive Guerlains and Chanels, and this fits the bill nicely. It is definitely sweet, but not in the same vein as Britney's Fantasy--there is a strong undercurrent of muskiness which prevents it from crossing over into the sickeningly sweet category.

I suppose I would say that this scent isn't for a person who only favors gourmands and cheerful, sweet, bright scents. Instead, it works well for people that like darker scents but are looking for something cheerful to brighten things up on occasion. They will be able to enjoy the "dark" (amber, incense) aspect of this scent while still being able to break away from their usual orientals, whereas someone who exclusively buys sweet scents might find this too heavy for their regular rotation.

This scent only gets 4 stars, however. On me, the longevity is nothing to write home about, the bottle is forgettable, and the scent doesn't smell 100% natural. There are some perfumes where the fruits smell absolutely fresh and real, but Dark Kiss has a very slight synthetic feel. For being only $30, I'd still say that it's worth it, however. It's a great guilty pleasure and I won't feel bad about eventually repurchasing.

on 6/4/2012 6:13:00 PM

I love this! It is the first interesting smell I've ever smelled at BBW. Most of them just smell like flowers/fruit/candy. This has a bit of musk, a faint insense smell along with basalms and labdanum and vetiver... The interesting bits are faint, so the fruit is still at the forefront. I got the lotion, shower gel, and splash, but what I really want is the perfume.

on 4/11/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is so-so for me. At first I really liked the cotton candy scent that it gave off, then the smell gave me a headache! My husband likes it a lot, I just can't bring myself to wear it. It is overpowering to me (I do not like deep scents). It does not smell fresh and clean. I will not repurchase.

Popular Fragrances