Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.2

Pleased with this product! Covers grays, hair feels soft - not dry, beautiful shine & color & long lasting. One tip- colors seem to run a bit darker in shade. I mix the 7G with 7R. Very pretty sunshine golden brown/ red tone for my fair complexion;)

I use this hair color in 1N Jet Black. My natural hair color is a medium brown. This hair color is absolutely amazing. I mix it in a 1:1 ratio with their 10 vol developer. The thicker consistency of the dye makes application easy, and it doesn't drip everywhere once you apply it. It does have a chemically smell, but what permanent hair color doesn't? At least the smell wasn't overwhelming like some hair dyes.

This hair color does. not. fade. if taken care of well (basically using a sulfate free color care shampoo and avoiding hot oil treatments - easy stuff). It's truly permanent for me. I only need to do a root touch up every 6 weeks, and then comb the rest of the dye through my hair for 5 minutes to freshen it up.

This hair color doesn't dry out my hair (actually, it feels softer after I dye it) and elongates my curls, making them more into waves than curls and reducing frizz. Dyeing my hair makes my hair a lot easier to work with.

I will not dye my hair with anything else. This stuff is amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Fantastic hair color! Left my hair soft, shiny and conditioned. I'm surprised because hair color of any kind is known to be drying and dulling. This color surprised me! I am completely sold! Better than any salon hair color I've ever had! And my scalp didn't itch or feel irritated at all and I always get itchy after ANY hair color I've used, drugstore brand or salon. But with this color I didn't get the itching at all! I bought the Clear Shine also but haven't used it yet. I'm going to update when I do. Overall this product is not expensive and does wonderful things for aging hair just like it claims. BUY IT!
UPDATE! Ok so I tried the Clear Shine. It left my hair very soft and conditioned. But that's it. There was no shine at all. It actually left my hair a little dull and definitely took away some of the shine that the hair color gave me. So for shine, I would not use Clear Shine again. The hair color gives enough shine so you don't even need to use anything else.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product really disappointed me. I researched this product thoroughly and felt like it would do the job. But then I tried it. I have very dark brown hair (almost black), and have gray roots that I wanted to cover up. I went two shades lighter than my natural color, since everyone on these review boards said the color runs dark. It not only didn't cover my grays, but it faded out after only two weeks. My roots are now a light brown with a reddish tine, which is a stark contrast to the rest of my dark brown hair. This product is a gimmick. Do not waste your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Age Beautiful demi colors are awesome! It says that it's not good for gray hair that is more than 50% gray...I beg to differ! I have several clients that has a lot of gray and it covers it wonderfully. And the conditioning agents in this product is great. Two thumbs up for this product. Thank you. P.S. Plus it smells delightful ;-)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yes it runs dark. I am a level 2 dark brown. Based on the reviews I purchased the 4N. I was a perfect match and no "hot roots" I have been having a problem with this lately. I am getting older and my natural cool toned hair was not complementing my skin anymore. warm and neutral hair color gives me hot roots. This brand is great.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My natural hair color is white (non-pigmented) on the top and sides and gray in the back. The first time I colored my virgin hair I used Age Beautiful PERMANENT (from Sally's Beauty Supply) medium blonde 8N with 30 volume Age Beautiful developer (my pigmented hair pulls red) over all of my hair. This is to fill the hair with the color that is lacking. Neutral has all the colors needed to fill the non-pigmented hair. Also this color is double pigmented so it really covers. UPDATE: Before coloring you virgin hair look at the chart below for the percentage of gray that you have.

UPDATE: Ok, so this comes out too warm for me. I wanted to tone down the gold/yellow. I waited a month or so. So before I colored my hair again I used Neutral Protein Filler (from Sally's Beauty Supply) on the shaft and ends. Before when I put it on my roots (uncolored hair) the color did not seem to stay so just put it on the previously colored hair, NOT the roots. I followed the directions and I put it in a spray bottle to make application easier. I LET MY HAIR AIR DRY.

I then colored my hair with permanent Age Beautiful medium blonde 8N (neutral) mixed with 8V (violet). I used 25 grams of 8N and 3 grams of 8V. Ratio of color to developer is 1 part to 1 part. I mixed it well and put the color mixture in an applicator bottle with 30 volume developer and did my roots and let that process for 45 minutes.

Toward the end of the 45 minutes (about 20 minutes left) I mixed 25 grams of 8V with 3 grams of 8N and added 10 volume developer in a separate applicator bottle and put it on the shaft and ends and let that process about 15 minutes. I used violet over my existing color because I wanted to tone down or neutralize the gold/yellow (check out hair color wheels on the internet). Violet is the opposite of yellow on the color wheel. I washed my hair with hydrating shampoo and put a deep conditioner on for about 25 minutes. I rinsed and let my hair air dry a little bit, then dried it with a blow dryer and round brush.

The protein filler made my color come out even and my hair feels good and is very shiny. The gold has toned down a lot. Looks better. I will update after I wash my hair a few times. The color comes out a bit darker, but will lighten as I wash it, I chose a lighter color to compensate and I am very happy with the hue. Not too light and not too dark. It is a darker medium blonde.

I almost ran out of color during application so I will make a larger batch next time.

I found this on the internet for formulating color.:

If you only have 0 to 25% gray - Use 90% target color (25 grams) and 10% neutral (3 grams)

If you have 25% to 50% gray - Use 75% target color (21 grams) and 25% neutral (7 grams)

If you have 50% to 75% gray- Use 50% target color (14 grams) and 50% neutral (14 grams)

If you have 75% to 100% gray- Use 25% target color (3 grams) and 75% neutral (25 grams)

These are good basic formulas for using as is, for Increasing or decreasing the amount of color mixture needed depending on the thickness and length of hair, or for tweaking the actual color formula to your taste.

So, I used the 75% to 100% color formulation on my roots and the 0 to 25% color formulation on the shaft and ends. I have a digital kitchen scale that makes measuring easy. I hope this is helpful. My target color was 8V cool medium blonde. I have gotten several compliments on my current color. The best one is "it looks natural".

This is wonderful color for any age group. In mid-August I had a social function and did not have time to get my hair done professionally (my last professional color was a disaster, and so I was hesitant.) I went to Sallys at the last minute and while looking at a regular hair color brand I have used in the past, I saw a teenaged girl with a gorgeous blonde hair color which is what I have been wanting my color to be ..... I saw her purchasing Age Beautiful and asked her questions and she gave me such a glowing review, that I figured why not? I have to say that I have used many different brands of hair color from drugstore brands to professional brands and Age Beautiful is my favorite ...... the color is natural looking, does not turn brassy and lasts 4 to 5 weeks, which is great considering that I have dark roots. I choose a blonde shade that is cool-toned and am surprised that I do not have to add color drops to keep it from turning brassy ..... the blonde shade is a true cool-toned and looks absolutely natural. Today I did a retouch and am once again very pleased with my results. I highly recommend Age Beautiful.

My hair is almost all white now and I used Age Beautiful 8G with generic 10 volume peroxide from Sally's. The color does come out dark blond but when I went into the sun it developed the most beautiful highlights. It's as if the color provided the lowlights so I could have beautiful blond streaks. I have been coloring my hair since 1993 and have never had permanent color leave my hair in such great condition. I went out and bought more--going to experiment with 9G and 9N. I used 10 volume for the first time because I realized I didn't need to lift the color two steps. Age Beautiful provided wonderful grey coverage (my hair is somewhat resistant) and it thickened my fine hair. Highly recommended.

I have long, thick hair. I bought this product thinking that it would cover my white hair. I really had high hopes for this product. Mind you, it's not cheap! However, I bought a lot because I need more than 1 to cover my thick hair.

The bottle is small so 1 is good only if you have a really short hair cut. Age Beautiful did not do its job. It did not live up to its claim. I still have a lot of white hair, especially on top in front of my head. Why does this product claim to have 100% grey coverage when it OBVIOUSLY is not true?!

Age Beautiful is a scam. I wasted my time and money on something that I had extremely high hopes for. No exaggeration at all. I just finished coloring my hair a few minutes ago and I am very disappointed. I want everyone to know that this product does not cover gray/white hair. Please don't buy. You will thank me.