April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Hair Color - Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is one of the few hair colors I've used that is actually very true to color. It is not drying unlike many other dyes.

While I do not have "aging" hair, I have put my hair through a lot of chemical and heat damage, and therefore have some/all of the 5 signs of hair aging listed on the packaging.

It's easy to mix up, 1:1 ratio color to developer, the full tube is 2 oz. Here is my only complaint - the metal tube is slightly difficult to dispense all the way through. I am very careful to start squeezing from the top all the way through the bottom, but I can't help but feeling that I never get it all out and that there is still quite a bit of product left!

I don't use the same brand of developer, but rather the standard Sally developer (color care I believe). Another minor issue would be at first, the formula is a bit too runny to work with if using a brush. If you have the option of selecting a brush or bottle for your hair color needs, I would recommend a bottle.

I have used various shades of this line, and the ones that have "V" in the color (for violet), like 5 RV do pull quite purple compared to other dyes, so I tend to avoid this.

In terms of lightening capability - I can't comment since I don't use this for lightening.

Also, this doesn't seem to fade as much as other dyes.

My current combo: 9RC + 8N and I'm very happy with the result. I felt 2 tubes of 9RC would pull tooo copper and I'm trying to minimize brassiness here!! After I let the color sit for about 20 mins I checked the mirror and was worried because my roots looked the color of a penny and I was terrified of having orange hair! However it turned out just the color I wanted, I could've (should've!!) left it on for longer, which I will do next time.The price is not bad either.

Happy with this product - will repurchase - highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by agirlwi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was extremely skeptical about how Age Beautiful permanent hair color would work on my hair - I've tried other hair dyes from sally and most have been very drying on my hair, using only 10 and 20 volume - and not all have covered gray (i'm about 30% gray) - and they've left my hair very dry and straw like. However, Age Beautiful has absolutely amazed me! Prior to trying "DIY" I went to an Aveda salon for years, and grew tired of paying $100 for color that would fade in 3-4 weeks (even using their shampoo/conditioner), and quite frankly, the color didn't look that much better than a box color anyhow.

I would recommend trying one level lighter than the shade you want, as Age Beautiful suggests. The color is very rich. I used a combination of colors ( 1oz 6N - to make sure grays would cover, .5oz of 6A, and .5oz of 6V - to neutralize warmness - to my knowledge not a lot of other Sally beauty hair colors have a "blue/violet base" in a shade 6 or 7 , so it was delightful to find this brand had and ash and a violet color base - ash alone doesn't neutralize warmness for me). I used 10Volume, and ALL of my grays are covered, and it's a very nice natural brown color - just a tad "richer brown" than expected, but it looks great and my hair feels like I didn't dye it at all (i used the deep conditioner). In all of my hair color experiences, this is the closest to salon quality - my hair looks exactly, if not better than when I went to an Aveda salon and they used a BV base all over color. Amazed, will definitely use again!! My only wish is that the intensive conditioner wasn't so "perfumey" smelling. The actual developer and hair color do not have a strong fragrance, which is a huge plus in my opinion.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have no grays to cover, but this color was the closest to what I wanted out of everything at Sally's, so I took a gamble. I used it in the color 4R - dark red brown. First of all, I was really surprised by how good it smelled! It was lovely and floral, and didn't have that awful hair dye smell at all. It also made my hair very soft, even after using a color remover to lighten my dyed black hair, and with only using my SO's wimpy conditioner for "limp hair".
The color itself is beautiful and multi-dimensional. I wanted something that looked very Fall-ish, like an Autumn leaf, and this fits the bill. It looks different in different lighting, which is great since I get bored with hair color so easily! In some light it looks simply like a rich, warm, dark brown, in others it shines very red, and in some in looks almost burgundy, still in others it's got the dark brown with subtle red highlights.
I'm pleased, and will definitely consider purchasing this or another color from them the next time i dye my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by purpleplume

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed in this color product. I'm a young 50s, dark brunette, and have been having my hair professionally colored since I first started seeing gray years ago. My hairdresser has switched me to this brand and he has used it for my color appointments for the past six or so months.

I only have my hair washed at the salon (weekly) and I used to be able to go 6 weeks between color appointments. With this product, I have noticed that I end up with hair that doesn't take the color--in other words, hair that stays gray--especially around my temples where it's extremely noticeable. And I am talking about seeing this a few days after color has been freshly applied.

When I reported this to my hairdresser, he reapplied the color the following week on the areas that didn't take. Unfortunately, I am still seeing patches of gray that did not take the color. I am so disappointed: this is why I color my hair in the first place . . . so gray will not show. After several redo attempts, I am switching back to the color line he previously used on me: Pravana. I know my hairdresser is frustrated with the Age Beautiful results I've had because he is getting good results with it for other clients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I had read about Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanant Hair Color on line and on Makeup Alley. Naturally, I would not even think of purchasing it before reading the reviews. I do like this tremendously. I purchased this product at Sally's. In addition I also purchased the hair serum (which I wrote another review and the serum is, hands down, THE best of all time) as well. So, I got this color in the darkest black. I have extremely stubborn gray. My hair is also very coarse but when controlled, I really love it. This color was easy enough to use and not at all drying or damaging to my hair. I have slight breakage from other products so I really need to treat my hair gently. This seems to do the job.
It has been a month since I first used this and I"m going to recolor next weekend. Anyway, although I love the way my hair feels after using this, the color faded from my roots after about three weeks. I would say the staying power of this is better than average, but I truly thought, according to reviews that the color would not fade at all. That is why I have given this 4 lipsticks rather than 5. I guess the perfect haircolor that truly covers gray and keeps the gray covered is too elusive for me.
Anyway, for the price and for the non-damaging this color does, I highly recommend this! Thank you for reading and happy hair to you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by chapstickaddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite hair color! My natural hair is dark brown, about 15% gray and is dulling as it ages, changing texture, feeling dry & losing luster. I've been coloring with a few different products: i generally use a Demi/Semi perm every 30 days, with Garnier's drugstore Demi-permanent in black, or Loreal color gems dark brown. I do permanent 2x yearly once at the salon and once at home with Revlon Colorsilk. All of these have been good for me but I am IMPRESSED with this new Zotos color! I used darkest natural brown (3N?), used 10 volume developer because i was not trying to lift, just deposit one level darker than natural hair. applied in sections, starting at the front hairline where I am most gray. I applied to roots only, started timing 30min after it was applied. Twisted the rest up & away from my head. At 25 min, I added some warm water and pulled it through the ends as it says to do in the instrux. I washed after w Infusium shampoo for color treated hair, then conditioned w Loreal Feria conditioner, which I had on hand. Blow dried & styled like normal. My hair is truly darkest brown, rich & beautiful color. It's also glossy glossy glossy! Like Demi Moore glossy. It feels great, soft & manageable. Overall, better than my hair has felt since I started coloring it 4 years ago (I am just shy of 37.) The smell during coloring was minimal, and didn't irritate my skin at all. I did need to use Roux color remover on my skin where I got dye, it does stain if you don't get it off quickly. Wasn't runny during application. Definitely found my HG hair color!

UPDATE 4/14/2012: Last weekend, I put the Creme Lightener on the bottom 1/3 of my hair for about 30 minutes, with the intent of lifting it several levels as the beginning of DIY ombre hair (my hair is brastrap-length with angled front pieces.) It did lift my black ends to medium reddish brown. I could have left it on longer but it I freaked out and rinsed it. I used 30 volume developer, which was probably too much. Also, it was on the strong-smelling side. Hair ends were quite dry the first few days and I used Aveda Black Malva conditioner for 3 days to tone down the red. Now, a week later, it feels much better feeling. I bought an Age Beautiful ash blonde with 20 volume developer to put on the bottom of my hair and the medium ash brown to put over the top, with 10 volume, in hopes of lightening the ends more and lightening the mostly black/brown roots slightly, maybe one level, because I am starting to feel like the dark hair is just too harsh for me as I get older and with summer coming, it will be more fresh-looking. I am doing this today, so will update later. OH also bought the serum. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Provides great gray coverage, minimal smell, the developer is gentle for sensitive scalp. It is a great line, but I find that you have to often mix two colors to get the color you really want, and It does run very dark. I used 7A dark ash blonde and it turned out an almost dark brown! I now mix 7A with 8A, which is a medium blonde, and more of it as the 8 to achieve light brown. That is how dark this line runs. Once I found the combo that worked, I was very happy with the result. I try to stock up when they have B O G O. Shiny, results and extremely gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by trixieq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Add me to the list of converts. I purchased this from Sally's based on the reviews I read here and it is AMAZING. I have the most stubborn gray-white hairs ever and this covered almost all of them completely (although I never don't have at least one white hair sticking up straight on top of my head no matter what I do). My hair is so shiny, no scalp irritation and the color, light golden brown, came out gorgeous. Next I'm going to try 6N light brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Tootsie71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product rocks! I go almost platinum blonde and this is the first brand I have found that allows me to do it on my own. I have to do a two step process and AB, done correctly, keeps my hair feeling nice and looking great. My original hair color is a dark dirty blonde, so I use the creme-lightener then apply the color. It's so easy. If you aren't getting the look you want with ANY over the counter hair processing product then do more research about your type of hair. Ask your beautician the next you get a cut about your type of hair, how it responds to chemicals and any special considerations about coloring it. I've found most don't mind answering the questions.... it's their profession.... they love to talk about what they do!! Plus if you're a good customer they know you'll be back!! Age Beautiful is a great product. I recommend it!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by deutsch100

This haircolour is as good as professional Goldwell, Schwarzkopf, Matrix or Paul Mitchell. On a friend, I have used 6N and 7N, and on myself their Creme hair lightener (bleach). All 3 products had ZERO offensive smell. No burning, no irritation, no staining, no allergic reactions. The 6N and 7N have the BEST gray coverage...simply amazing. Even with daily washings for 3-4 weeks, the gray does not return (of course new gray grows), but the coloured gray stays coloured & does not turn brassy. ***The creme hair lightener lightened my level 4/5 hair to almost white. My dyed platinum hair was left shiny, somewhat soft, no breakage and full of body and good texture. I cannot recommend Age Beautiful enough!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No