October 22, 2014 | 1030 users online

Powder - Too Faced - AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I love this powder foundation! Its perfect for setting my cream or liquid foundations, and truly provides a flawless finish on my skin. I was worried the color would be too light or too dark, especially since I'm super fair, but the lightest color is perfect! I love that it has SPF 15 in it, but I don't love that I can smell the SPF sunscreen smell when I open the compact. The scent fades quickly after I apply it, I just hate the smell of sunscreen though.
The only downside I can think of is that their shade range isn't huge. Could make matching your shade impossible!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by esthernassar

I thought I would like this product since I love Too Faced products (soleil bronzer, eyeshadow palettes, etc)... but .. mmmh.. I use it as a pressed power for touch ups... and:

1- COLOR: there's NOT a great variety of colors, it doesn't really match my skin tone, but it's not that bad... (I'm NC30 and I have the WARM VANILLA)

2- IT DOESN'T LAST 1 HOUR!!! I have to use it like crazy, almost 1 time per hour, I usually never touch up, but with this I have to continuously do it, I mean, it doesn't cake or anything, but it's kind of annoying...

3- ODOR: I don't like the smell, I was expecting it to smell like Vanilla, such as the bronzer smells like chocolate (yummi).. and it kind of irritates my skin, again, not so bad, but my skin doesn't love this product... might be breaking me out (I'm not sure)

4- PACKAGING: I bought it a week ago and the lid is like loose, it doesn't close properly ... (for the record, my pressed powders usually last me 1-2 years!!! sooo.. it's not me!)

I wish I can return it, but I live in Mexico and I bought it in the US (Ulta)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lcourts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder foundation (I use nude) I've tried many best selling high end low end powder foundations n like I said this is the best so far! I wish for the price there would be more product tho!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

first thing that i noticed is the sunblock smell with this product and all the previous products with the same smell that my skin do not react well with. But since i bought it so i thought i will give it a try, great coverage, great color for me but at the end of one week my face starts to get really bumpy and i no it's time to let it goooo.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives a nice glowy flawless medium to full coverage. It stays looking great and doesn't oxidize. The oil control is decent, not quite perfect, but it does work better than most powder foundations on the market today. My skin is uber oily, and this wears good enough. It does not irritate or break me out. I'm happy with it for now. Since Chanel changed their formula a few years ago, this is the only powder foundation I can see myself purchasing this again. It's not perfect, but it's good enough. Of course, when Summer comes that will be the real test.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Pearfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Every 6-9 months I seem to go through a crazy buy-and-return phase in search of the perfect powder foundation. I have repeatedly tried liquids or sticks, but they never work for me as they seem to either ball up and not spread over layered-with-product, irritated skin, or feel heavy, thick and mask-like. In theory, I'd like a medium to full powder foundation that looks creamy-ish after about an hour of wear, covers blemishes and creates a "one color" look, settles in and is neither super matte nor greasy looking.

My HG powder foundation for many years was, believe it or not, Lancome Dual Finish in the unscented version, but a few years ago either my skin changed or the colors did, because I can't seem to find a color match anymore (nor does their fragrance-free version seem to be fragrance free? Last time I purchased it smelled the same -- that granny scent I can't stand -- as their regular version.)

Anyway, I tried this product last year and ended up taking it back, but can't remember why -- probably because I was experimenting with different treatments and my skin was too dry to tolerate the formula. Upon coming back to it, I find that most importantly, the second lightest shade (Warm Vanilla?) matches my neutral skin perfectly without leaving a grey or orange cast, and covers redness. I did have the usual mid-day slight flaking effect after it started to wear off which just seems to be an inevitable result of product build up and dry skin, but was able to kind of wipe it off and reapply to nice effect. For me, using a lot of this over the cheek area/near the nose makes my pores look huge, so I just do a very light dusting over the whole face with a more concentrated application on chin, nose, lower cheeks and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki over treatment cream, moisturizing sunscreen, reg. moisturizer (if nec) and concealer for spots. Haven't had a terrible experience with extra application of concealer over the powder later in the day, as another reviewer stated.

Overall, I'm giving this a 3 for perfect color match and a nice, nonirritating formula with some SPF. HG would be creamier looking, settle in better (no settling in to pores near the nose), last longer and still not break me out. A girl can dream...

EDIT: I remember now why I took it back -- the formula is too chalky and dry for my skin, never totally sinks in and looks weird and obvious on dry patches. Oh well. Keeping for touch ups and the sunscreen, back to the Lancome for powder foundation...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jenanasaurusrex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the lightest shade and yet its still a little dark for me. Amazing coverage, it just smells exactly like sunscreen. Its uber strong too. I know I'll be using this a lot in the summer, but for now its just sitting in my collection and making it look pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the lightest shade available (Vanilla Creme),which was recommended by a salesperson at Ulta. It is, however, too light and chalky looking for my whole face, even in the winter. I may repurchase in the next shade, but for now, I love to use this as a concealer under my other powder foundation (Palladio wet/dry). It is a really creamy powder formula, and I find that it works great under my eyes and covering up redness and flaws prior to applying my foundation. I always make sure to moisturize my face well, and use an effective eye cream before using this, though. It needs a moist face as well as a good concealer brush. Really good coverage and staying power, but it is a bit expensive. Probably not effective for very dry and/or aging skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Retzzza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the silky feeling of this foundatiomn, but to me it SMELLS JUST LIKE SUN SCREEN, probably because of the SPF but I didn't expect it. Also the shade Vanilla Creme is too dark for me, when I first put it on it is fine but later throughout the day my friend said to me that I looked ORANGE and I was, so I wish I could like this foundation but It cakes too easily and there wasn't anything I liked about it so, A pass for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this right now and it's my favourite pressed powder so far, and I tried many. I found perfect shade too, vanilla creme, which isn't so easy when you look like snowhite. Makes my skin poreless, flawless, porcelain-like. I controls shine for a couple of hours which isn't too long, but I have yet to find one that will last longer (I belive, with my combination-oil-slick of a skin, that is an urban legend). It's so soft and velvety on the skin, doesn't cause build up which sometimes can be the case with other foundations. I do touch ups only on my forehead and nose and it's perfect, luuuv it!