April 19, 2014 | 1767 users online

Fragrances - Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by catwoman30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Definitely not what I was expecting as I bought this blind without knowing what the notes were-initial spritz was HELLO PATCHOULI!! but it lightened up and became this very seductive,gorgeous scent that I could see a man OR woman pulling off.You definitely need to use a light hand with this one but if you can get past the sharpness of the first spritz it is well worth it.Definitely not for everyone:can see this being a love/hate scent....I happen to love it.It's a cool,drizzly day out and this is perfect.It reminds me of some other scent....
It kinda has a Tabu vibe to it-like I said:a love/hate fragrance for sure and definitely not for people that tend towards fruity florals.I think it's just lovely and cannot get over how different this is from the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

This is such a lucky day for me coz I got this perfume (which I've been wanting to get for quite a while) for 50% off. I've read lots of great reviews about it that made me more excited to own it. I got the very first Jessica Simpson perfume calles Fancy and 'loved it, so I looked forward to her series of scents. I'm not good at describing scents by detail but this one is pleasantly very different among the scents in my collection. I imagine a fairy with ethereal beauty walking in the woods of wonderland. 'Not sure if that made sense, but it just came to my mindupon smelling this. And of course, the bottle is a beautiful gem color. It's pure feminity and loveliness in a bottle! I would not limit myself to wear it at night. It's a scent to wear when u want a bold,sexy and sophisticated smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Please don't be put off by celebrity label or expect this to be sweet/foody like Fancy, it is very good. Patchouli, vanilla, amber et al with great sillage and staying power. A real warm sexy fragrance that needs warm skin to bloom. Gorgeous, and to think I nearly missed this one through prejudice! I live and learn.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Fancy Nights on the recommendation of some fellow fumies, and they were right. I am both surprised & impressed by this fragrance.

It is much better than it needs to be.

Fancy Nights is wonderfully dark patchouli-vanilla that's relatively simple, a bit sweet, and just on the femme side of unisex. Would make a great fragrance for a rocker-chick or anyone who likes fragrances slightly gothic. In fact, Fancy Nights is much more rocker-chick than Vivienne Westwood's Let It Rock and much more gothic than Loree Rodkin's Gothic I, both of which I own.

Those who are expecting this scent to be like Fancy, or any other sugar-laden confection in the mass market, are sure to be disappointed by Fancy Nights. Good thing too, because now this fragrance can be yours for a song. I might just get me another bottle ...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Patchouli, Spice, Woods, Vanilla and more Patchouli. That's what I smell and even though I'm not the biggest fan of patchouli, this is a nice evening scent. It's very deep, warm, sensual and elegant. I don't wear it too often, but its something that would wear well to a formal event or huddled in front of the fireplace on a cold Winter's night. Even though Jessica Simpson's perfumes are targeted towards a younger age group, this smells a little "mature" and can easily be worn by someone much older in my opinion. It's a rather strong/heavy scent and has average sillage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Air

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging very cute green bottle! very vintage look to it.

Starts off very smoky/woodsy like I just came back from a campfire. Then becomes a slightly sweet powdery scent....then powder/vanilla dry-down. If this sounds amazing to you! then go for it!

I personally, was not a huge fan but that is because i am not fond of vanilla/powder dry downs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by boybandfan

I agree with the previous reviewer. Fancy Nights smells very similar to Shalimar or Emeraulde. If not similar, definatley in the same family. This is a more mature kind of scent and a huge difference between the other perfumes in the Fancy line. Not a big fan of this one, as I didn't have the right chemistry to pull this off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

to me, it has a similar character to shalimar or emeraude (sp?). anyway, it is not sweet like the other ones.
I love the green bottle-not typical in perfume bottles today- looks beautiful

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Anna74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite scents for fall and winter, and I urge anyone who like a woody oriental to try it.

I'm usually not big on celebrity scents, and when I tried this on I expected a sweet and spicy oriental - the way most celebrity scents are when the are trying to be a bit grown up. (or goth, talking to you, Avril) Much like Beyonce Heat.
Instead, I got a warm, spicy and sexy scent. More of a woody cyphre then warm vanilla. It also has a slightest bit of well behaved skank in it, and I love that.
If you like Tom ford Black orchid, then this is a scent for you.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by zooper12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I smelled this on a magazine sample and actually loved it!but of course,there was tht magazine-y undertone (I love how magazines smell for some reason,btw!;D)I sprayed this on one arm in ulta.i gave the packaging a four,because I think the bottle perfectly describes it,but it was really hard to spray some.on me,u could tell it was the same perfume I smelled in the magazine,but this one note(I don't know perfume notes too well)just took over and dominated everything.it was very strong,too,and when I was in the parking lot,the wind wafted it all around us,and in the car,it practically attacked our noses.it's too strong for it's own good.even if I liked this scent,I'm not sure I would be able to pull it off,because it smells really mature and adult.if u like this,then ur in luck,because it has excellent staying power.(I tried scrubbing it off,to no avail.)oh yeah,and a few hours later,it somehow became a little sweeter?and all that overwhelmingness was from one spray on one arm.so,uh,don't overdo it with this perfume.:)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No