September 17, 2014 | 1326 users online

Fragrances - BeneFit Cosmetics - So Hooked On Carmella

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Saralovesmakeup

I'm a fan of 'sweet' fragrances, but I think this could be too sweet even for me. I once wore it to work, and kept getting comments on how much I smelled like white chocolate!
I don't dislike it, but there isn't much too it, and I think it smells cheaper than it actually is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to be very careful with fragrances as my sinuses react in the worst ways to certain things, and as of yet I haven't been able to determine what is going to work without just testing it out. At the risk of a migraine, I spritzed this on at the BeneFit counter and LOVED IT. No migraine. So...every time I was out, I'd spritz it on, testing it again and again til I finally told myself "Buy it!!! You love it!!" The notes are: Lemon, Grapefruit, Rhubarb, Cyclamen, Peony, Tiare Flower, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber~~~to me it smells like a pastry or a danish or something yummy, and the adorable bottle doesn't hurt either!! I bought the full sized bottle, and have been wearing it daily for almost 2 weeks. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was sooo surprising! As so many others I discovered it while trying out the samplers from the Crescent Row Gift Set (which, by the way, they all smell amazing!). I have tried my share of benefit products and was mostly disapointed. so when I dabbed this on I was so shocked! It has a strong vanilla scent, but not too strong, and it also kinda smells like marshmallows, but not cheap(?). I don't know what it is, but I love it and so do a lot of guys around me :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by valigrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Nahhh... I don't think I'll buy this again. It was a last minute splurge at Pharmaprix. Initially, it smells kinda sweet, but fades QUICKLY. Mehhh... not worth the $42.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by softatlas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the Crescent Row sampler and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the scent as well as the packaging. Typically, I'm not one to be fond of sweet scents, so I was banking on "Laugh With Me LeeLee" being my favorite out of the collection--wrong! "So Hooked on Carmella" is absolutely divine and the packaging is cute and classy all at once. The only thing I have to complain about is the longevity of the scent; it only lingers for a couple of hours, but reapplying is no big deal, seeing as you don't need very much. I would recommend buying all of the eau de toilettes together in the Crescent Row sampler to save money and find which scent suits you the best. Everyone has different preferences and skin, after all. The description BeneFit provides for "So hooked on Carmella" suits it wonderfully:
"When it comes to Carmella, don't ask and don't tell. A light touch has admirers under her spell. Her sweet sensuality, no one would guess--so exquisite, enticing. . .an intimate caress. So Hooked on Carmella is a floral vanilla that's exquisitely feminine. Discover the scent that strikes a chord, and then come back to collect the others! Notes: Lemon, Grapefruit, Rhubarb, Cyclamen, Peony, Tiare Flower, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber."

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Colloquial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. If this were a drink it'd be my favourite drink. As it turns out, it's a fragrance and what a fragrance it is! So gorgeous. It smells of coconut to me and of tropical fruit and the beach. I could go on and on. It's not sweet, it's just very fruity. I'm usually attracted to very rose-based, classic perfumes but a friend of mine recommended this to me and I couldn't believe my nostrils when I sprayed it on me in the shop. The bottle is lovely as well. This perfume is an invitation in itself, light, yet the amber gives it some ground and the vanilla is not cheap. I'm head over heels in love with it and will repurchase it for as long as it's available.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by heavenscent1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice, light fragrance. I'm pregnant, so the fact that it's on the lighter side is good for me. However, if you're looking for a strong or heavy perfume, this ain't it. It's a sweet (but not too sweet) mix of vanilla and citrus. Very nice and non-offensive. Very cheerful - makes me happy to sniff it during the day. One lippie off because I wished it lasted longer. I like the box it comes in - too cute!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by tessture

White musky sugary vanilla with wood notes. Cloying and over sweet. Had to scrub, though when it first hit my skin it was nice. Dried down sooooo not. I do love these bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bombshellgoddess

From the second I rubbed a magazine sample on my wrists, I was so hooked! I felt like a kid who had to have her candy! Love this fragrance! Love the packaging! It's now one of my very favorite scents! mmm....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by crewgali

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product for the winter! I received the Benefit fragrance trio from Sephora as a sampler, and this was the only one I really liked. Upon first spray I absolutely hate this smell. It is an overly oddly floral scent with the weirdest warm carmel undertones. These scents do not go at all making a sort of overpowering odd smell. But then, wait a few minutes for the scent to mingle with my body chemistry and soak into my skin and the magic happens. The floral notes float away, leaving me with a lovely warm caramel scent. It is not too sweet, as I found with warm vanilla sugar from Aqualina, I think the lingering floral notes keep it in check. I find it does fade as the day goes on, but the hint of scent lingers, which is wonderful.
Overall, if you found Aqualina's Pink Sugar perfume overwhelming and are looking for a winter/fall scent this might be a good fit!