December 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

I don't know why this has such high ratings. It's more moisturizing than their tinted balm, but within 10 minutes my lips are chapped and peeling. The only lip balm of theirs that seems to work is the replenishing. Granted, it smells nice (subtle) and feels velvety for the first 5 minutes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This doesn't seem to be agreeing with my lips. When first applied, my lips feel like they're "buzzing". About 5 days into wearing this as my go to lip balm, my lips started getting little red bumps. (Similar to what happened when I used Jack Black Mint balm) I stopped use, and went back to the Beeswax Balm and my lips have gone back to normal. This was part of the 4 for $10 pack, which is a great deal, but I don't think I'm going to be able to use this one up. Also, this doesn't last very long and I found myself reapplying frequently. Not to mention, I noticed raised bumps on the balm itself after applying it for the first time, like it was an exfoliating or textured balm. I haven't read about this being part of the balm, so I'm wondering if mine went bad and that's why I'm reacting to it? The Mango smell is also a but...rotten. Like a melon that's sat out too long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Burt's Bees lip balm, and it's the only brand I use. However, I feel like they haven't been the same since being owned by Clorox. I used to love the honey lip balm, but now it has a strong, baby power scent. I can't stand it, so I tried the rejuvenating lip balm. I also hated the smell of it - it reminded me of some fake fruity scent of a little girl's Lip Smacker lip balm. Yuck. Finally, I tried this mango butter lip balm. The smell is a lot less powerful than the others, but it's still strong. It also smells a little "fake," like a Lip Smackers lip balm for little girls. Like all Burt's Bees lip balm, it goes on smoothly and moisturizes. However, I wouldn't buy this again because of the strong, childish fruity smell. I don't know why they feel the need to add fragrance; it would be much better without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

Mmmm I just so happen to love mangos and fell in love with this chapstick. I seriously swear by it and will not use any other chaptsick. It is a yellow color similar to the original burt's bees chapstick and goes on clear. The smell is sweet mangos and it is not greasy or oily when putting it on. I have noticed a significant difference in the way my lips look and feel. They feel rejuvenated and refreshed and are no longer chapped. Using this chapstick has really saved my lips and i especially love wearing this right before putting on lipstick (it lasts twice as long).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great lip balm from Burt's Bees.
I don't find it as buttery as my favourite (Pomegranate), but it's almost as good as. Very easy to spread on the lips. I expected the scent to be stronger but it's lighter than the pomegranate, it's a very nice, not overly artificial scent of mango. It tastes a little sweet but not too fruity.
For the number of times I use it each day, it lasts me quite a while.
You really can't go wrong with BB lip balms, from my experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't my favorite, but it's one of the better Lip Balms by Burt's Bees. The formula is a little too thick and waxy for me, and I'm not really a fan of the smell/taste, but it does keep me from wanting to lick my lips all the time. Other than that, it keeps my lips moisturized and looking nice. I wont be repurchasing because I have other favorites and I currently have two tubes of this on hand. The price isn't bad at all considering that it's effective and all natural, I'm really looking forward to trying out more of these.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by electra_cd

(cross posting this with acai and mango lip balms)
I was loyal to these lip balms for a few years now (got the acai and the mango). Loved the flavor, loved the texture. BUT it turns out, they were causing milia (big white bumps) just outside my lips and on my chin. I had these bumps for a while and started getting facials to fix them. My facialist had me toss out my tinted moisturizer, my face wash, everything and I still had the bumps. Then she finally asked "Is there anything else you use on your face?" and I said "I guess the Burt's Bees lip balms." So she asked me to toss them out too. Well, that did the trick. After only a week or two, all my bumps went away. Maybe the wax/oil in this product doesn't agree with me, or I'm allergic to an ingredient. Too bad, because I did enjoy these lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I normally rotate through the Burt's Bees Mango, Acai & Pomegranate. All 3 give my lips ample moisture and protect them from getting chapped or wind burnt. I love the thicker consistency of these balms because they seem to last longer than average, yet aren't sticky in the least. I use one every single night after brushing my teeth (before bed) and rarely find the need for daytime use. They don't make your lips look glossy or shiny so the guys can use them too. I'm just not a fan of peppermint so I don't use the original Burt's Bees. Thankfully these 3 have no minty smell/taste, they are fragranced after the corresponding fruits.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lipbalmlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell of this is delicious-very sweet, fruity, natural. It is very moisturizing, and lasts a good few hours. However, I find that it can sometimes be a bit grainy if your lips are not completely smooth. You get a good amount of product in this. I may buy this product again, simply because of the smell and pretty good moisturizing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by KyleeKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lip balm quite a bit! It's a little too thick for my liking though. I don't mind since I only apply this during the night. I never use lip balm during the day, never have and never plan to. After about a week, including some occasional picking, my lips are obviously more healthy and soft. I'm pretty sure they would be better if I applied during the day as well. My lips aren't chapped anymore. I'm glad since lip balm have never done anything for my lips besides making them feel dry and sticky. I've never been faithful to any of my lip balm before as well. I have never finished a tube, ever. Not even this one...yet.