Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.4

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

on 3/3/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My friend gave me this product because she was testing out different liquid eyeliners and found this didn't really work for her small eyes. I have been trying it out for the past 3 or 4 months and still feel iffy about it. I love how opaque and black the color is and how long it lasts on the eyes but the applicator is just a tad too large. It works well for regular liner but once I want to create a wing, it's too chunky and doesn't make a smooth, thin line. It also is very wet which is impressive still after 4 months of use! I used to hate felt tip liners because they dry out very quickly but I was impressed by this one. I wouldn't pay twenty bucks to repurchase it, there are much better ones out there for a cheaper price.

on 2/26/2015 4:46:00 AM

This is a very, very good eyeliner. The formula applies well, stays a consistent color, and has great payoff. I don't love the brush since I've found that the tip likes to have little fibers sticking out, interfering with perfectly crisp lines.

My personal opinion is that this would be better if it weren't tested on animals and if the fibers didn't stick out of the applicator. I prefer Urban Decay's liquid eyeliner and NYX's Studio Effect liquid eyeliner for the same reasons I like these, but I love the applicators so much more.

on 2/24/2015 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best high end eyeliner i have ever used. It's very opaque and smooth and easy to apply. The one thing I don't like about it is how expensive it is. The upside to that con is the fact that it can last for a very long time. I don't usually like liquid eyeliners but this one is amazing.
I would 100% repurchase this liquid eyeliner again.

on 2/23/2015 5:25:00 AM

Nice one.

on 2/23/2015 4:51:00 AM

i really love this eyeliner, it is the first liquid eyeliner that i have been able to apply a smooth and precise line with (i haven't really used liquid eyeliner before) i think it is great for beginners and i can see myself using this product for many years to come

on 2/22/2015 10:37:00 AM

This has been my goto eyeliner for over a year now. I absolutely love it! It's a little bit pricey, but I've seen pricier! This eye liner is definitely water proof, although I wouldn't suggest going swimming with it or anything. It's easy to take off with makeup remover and so easy to apply! It's definitely a great beginner eyeliner. It really helped me get over my fear of liquid liner!

on 2/21/2015 7:04:00 PM

This is the perfect liquid eyeliner. Yes, it is expensive, but the product lasts a long time and I feel comfortable splurging on this item because it is so high quality. It is easy to apply, as simple as drawing the liner onto your eye! It is very black and creates a well defined line that can be as thin or thick as you like. I dig that it's kind of a glossy finish. It is not super waterproof but for a normal everyday it will last a long time. All day and all night long. A really wonderful liquid eyeliner, you won't be dissapointed.

on 2/21/2015 12:44:00 AM

This is definitely NOT waterproof. My eyes teared up and this was running down my face like a goth kid at a Smiths' concert.

I also found the consistency thin and difficult to get a nice bold line.

Complete fail.

I think I've found my HG liquid liner.
Like other eyeliner enthusiasts who take great pride and care in sporting the perfect signature wing, I've tried too many, um, subpar eyeliners. This one isn't a felt tip...this one rubs off in, literally, the blink of an eye...the hell, this isn't black enough...the list of concerns continues. Thank you, MUA, for leading me to this phenomenon of an eye product.
TL:DR: the rest of this space will be dedicated to raving.
Its color is a true, pigmented black; it transfers very, very smoothly from the felt tip to my eye with remarkable facility. Even thick layers of eyeshadow do not obstruct the application. In about one layer, tops, you can get a perfectly opaque, blackest-black line. It dries to a beautiful, glossy finish. The color, though, might be a bit difficult to wield; this is literally as close as you get to pure black, so every single mistake you make will not be forgiven. It's an aspect that you have to get used to, but it's worth it.
The felt tip is also the sharpest and most generous with allowing product to flow out. Seriously, the tip is almost unbelievably fine; to my surprise, it didn't even bend out of shape after use! Again, this is another very sharp tip that is very prone to making mistakes if you're not careful...however, it was also the perfect liner for doing artsy accents or gradient liner. It's so versatile...in the liner is a capability for creating both thin, barely-visible strokes, and the most bold statement wing.
Its staying power sealed the deal for me. I am a swimmer and a wearer of makeup for up to 20 hours a day; my eyes need to last through school, naps, and watery eyes because of allergies. Sometimes, I swim. This liner does all of that and more; it lasts through the days almost flawlessly. Yet, it readily yields when it's time for me to remove it. Reapplication is a thing of the past with Stay All Day.
Basically...I finally found an HG. I will keep trying out new liners, but this one will always be a go-to. I bought a backup recently after using up my first pen. Unfortunately, it comes with the high-end price tag of $23, but it will last you a solid 3 months, at least. Also, with all the amazing benefits and capabilities that come with it, the money is justified. With Stila being a hit/miss brand for me, I was overjoyed to find a hit. I hiiiiiighly recommend!

on 2/19/2015 10:54:00 AM

This is an okay eyeliner, but for $20, it's horrible, I have used better drugstore eyeliners. It is good temporarily, for it does create a really nice wing with great pigmentation the first couple weeks of owning it but it quickly turns dull and the tip dries out making it impossible to create a thin wing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty