Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This works well, but the tube took a while to "warm up". I knew that this was a good product because of the positive reviews and the fact that I had chosen this product after testing nearly every black liquid liner at Sephora. (The Stila liner seemed to be the best as it was very pigmented, opaque and black. Kat Von D was a close second.)

I initially thought that there was something wrong with mine because it was too liquid and wanted to feather and bleed. Shaking it didn't seem to do the trick. What did work was scribbling on my arm until the consistency improved. This does waste product but I figure that it will likely dry out before I use it up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I wear contacts, have extremely oily hooded eyelids, dark pigmentation around my eyes. It is a nightmare to make my eyes look bright and STAY bright.. and FINALLY! I have found my holy grail of eyeliner. After scouring the internet I found this product recommended by a Reddit user, and it has not failed me.

This eyeliner stays with me throughout it all!! I have worn this on a long, loooooong overseas flight and it didn't budge at all, and ... no transfer to my lower lids either!! This is definitely the selling point for me.

If you are not accustomed to using liquid eyeliner it may take some getting used to, as the colour is very strong and needs a few seconds to set. Sometimes I get clumsy and it seeps into my actual eyeball, so I have to flush it out with eyedrops and soak it up with a tissue before it transfers to my lower lid. Yeah, I'm not that great with application. That being said, ONCE it sets it will not seep into my eyeball and then transfer to my lower lid. That happens so often for me, since I have such oily lids, but Stila won't do that at all.

I can say with certainty that combined with an eye primer like UD or ELF, it will stay and not budge, no smudging, no transfer. I cannot stress that enough haha. Definitely will buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received this as part of Sephora's annual 'favourites' set last year and only uncapped it a few months later, so cautious was I to ration such a normally pricey product.

One word for this stuff: yes. Yes, yes, yes. It's everything you could want in an eyeliner - easy to use, easy to control, inky black, smudge-proof and it really does 'stay all day'.

A minor gripe is the price, it's a hefty $29.00 in Australia but I would purchase it over and over again. Did I also mention that the product itself lasts forever? I had to bin it after three months because I got impatient and accidentally ripped off part of the tip (don't do that) but it hadn't dried out yet. Absolutely incredible.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only eyeliner I have been able to use without it transferring to my eyelids. I have hooded lids so whatever eyeliner I have on will come in contact with my lids. This is great for an easy cat-eye, with shadow, or just solo. I've bought it a few times now. The only complaint is that the tip will get fuzzy or dull before the liner actually runs out. Has anyone ever tried cutting it to reshape? I've never tried but have been curious if that would help.

An above-average eyeliner, but on my oily lids this does NOT stay all day.

After a couple of hours of wear I always see some flaking AND some transferring up to the browbone area.

I bought two of these (Intense Black and Snow) and neither one of them gave me a nicely opaque color without a little bit of extra effort. As much as I wanted to love this eyeliner (it's so popular!) it just didn't live up to the hype for me.

My absolute HG eyeliner is Lancome's Artliner. It is positively budge-proof, smudge-proof, everything-proof. I have even slept in it and it still looked exactly the same as when I first applied it. That's what I need. I need my makeup to be as worry-free as possible and Stay All Day just didn't deliver that for me. It's worth it to spend the extra ten dollars or so for the Lancome one.

Won't buy this again

I love this, but honestly there is an exact dupefor half the price, and it is the most famous eyeliner in Japan, the Koji Dolly Wink Eyeliner, designed by Japan's most famous model, Tsubasa Masuwaka, and is is half the price for the exact same product! So, I will not be repurchasing this one :) It can be purchased on Ebay or Amazon for half the price of the Stila one, see reviews here http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=144283/KOJI---Dolly-Wink-Liquid-Eyeliner/Unlisted-Brand/Eyeliner

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've bought this eyeliner 4 times already and it's probably going to be my favourite until I find something better, if I ever do that is. I put coconut oil/castor oil on my lashes every night and the oil can get onto my eyelids, so when I wake up in the morning I do my best to wipe the oils off but it still leaves my eyelids quite oily but it's not too much of a problem. I use a primer every day and can safely say that this eyeliner lasts from the time I apply my makeup (7:30 am ish) to the night when I remove it (about 8pm). All that usually happens is a bit of smudging on the under eye but I don't know if that's because of my mascara as well. Definitely recommend.

Everyone seems to love this product but its definitely not for me. I wing my eyes everyday and it doesn't compare to cheaper and better alternatives I've used. The first time applying it I thought it was great, however, throughout the day it began smudging around the eyelid. After using it for about a week the tip quickly weakened, and it simply doesn't want to stay on. I also need to do a few coats to achieve an opaque look.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I heard the rave reviews about this product and decided to try it. I was overall fairly pleased with it. It dries instantly on your lids after application, so you don't need to worry about it smudging when you look up right after. It also lasted pretty well throughout the day and did not irritate my eye. However, the felt tip starts to fray pretty quickly, which means that you have to keep cutting the tip to keep a sharp point. I also wish that the black dried to a solid matte finish - this one dries a bit shiny and not as opaque as I'd like. I mostly enjoyed the product but for the price, there are far better alternatives that are dirt cheap (try Essence's liquid liner for 2.99 CAD - incredibly opaque on application). I'd only repurchase this liner if I was to get a colour other than black or brown (the Periwinkle blue is gorgeous!)

Thin line with the perfect applicator that has honestly made me feel like a sudden cat-eye drawing wizard, even though I have not been using eye liner for very long. Being water proof can make correcting the line a bit tricky but luckily the application has been so sharp I have not had to do that a whole lot. Definitely a new must-have product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana

Top Rated Stila Products