October 24, 2014 | 1866 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to primer, especially for the t-zone, and a little goes a long way. I have quite oily skin and visible pores on my nose, and this fills them in but doesn't make me break out at all (been using it for years and never caused a problem, and my skin is super problematic) it makes your skin feel silky and smooth and lets foundation glide on flawlessly, and in my experience definitely extends the wear-time of my foundations (even estee lauder dw which I have worn swimming and still looked good!) I also like that this is quite a thick product, I've used really runny primers and they don't seem to give as good a base as this. One thing with this product, when you think you've finished it, cut the tube in half and scrape it out, I got an extra 3 months (wearing every single day) out of mine and kick myself for not doing it with the first 2 (live and learn I guess). Really great product and as with all other benefit cosmetics products, super cute packaging and pretty good price.
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer two weeks ago when I was in France and i obviously went to sephora since we don't have sephora in Germany but whatever :D
I had heard so much about this product (mostly positive things) but I never really looked at it in my local store before but when I was in sephora i had to try it out and couldn't believe how this product had never been on my radar before. I have combo/oily skin and I'm always looking for a good primer, why didn't i think of buying this one? So i picked it up, went back to my hotel room, removed all of my makeup and reapplied it, after putting on the porefessional.
First of all, I love how this makes my skin feel, smooth, soft and silky. It creates a very nice surface for putting foundation on. I've set my foundation with a powder and this combination kept my oils away for about five to six hours, which is amazing for my skin.
I can't really say anything about it hiding pores since I don't have that big pores but when it comes to a primer that keeps your face matte - girl, this is your product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Missclo1234

Love this! Great product. Smooth on skin! Great base before putting foundation or bb cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There's 2 ways of using this primer.. underneath your foundation as an overall primer or on top of your makeup on troubled areas.

As an overall primer, this doesn't work for me at all. At 1st application it does covers up all my pores. Then when applied liquid foundation on top, the pores appear again! I tried many ways of applying on my foundation, gently with stippling brush.. bouncing motion with my wet beauty blender.. none works.. the pores appear again! So basically, i didnt use it under my foundation at all.

But when applied on top of my makeup (with foundation and translucent powder on), especially on areas with very big open pores, this works wonders! The pores magically disappeared and remains disappeared thru out the day. I was tempted to slather this all over my face!

I'm on the mini tube now and will definitely re-purchase the full size when mine runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Rayellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is cute which made me want to buy it. I have very small pores so it did the job for me. I only have a few on my nose. I could see this not working well for someone with more and larger pores. I love the smell also, I wouldn't continuously buy this because it's $40 and you don't get a lot of product. But it's good and if you'd like a nice affordable primer try the stay matte primer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mgeiger7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always looking for good primers and I don't really know how i feel about this one. I have very large pores so i was really excited to try this product. The first thing i noticed about it is how soft it felt on my skin. It literally felt like i was rubbing silk on my face. To make the most out of it, I think patting it on works the best. Since my pores are so big, it looked like the product was just sitting on my pores and they were still pretty visible. So i really dont think it worked THAT well but i dont hate it...also, you have to keep reapplying this product because i noticed that it doesnt last very long. It does give a really nice matte look if that is what you are going for. Overall, it is an okay primer that I do not recommend for people with large pores like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

A pretty decent primer, but not worth all the hype. Yes, it has a soft velvety finish and reduces the look of pores temporarily, but I don't feel like it's very long lasting. For the amount of product that you get, it's ridiculously expensive. The packaging is similar to a tube of toothpaste and very annoying; it squeezes out too much product too fast, and is impossible to get back in the package. With so many new primers being released in drugstores, I feel like you could find something comparable or better at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product mixed with That Gal primer! Really soft and velvety finish. Perfect for days when you don't want to wear heavy makeup or a great primer underneath foundation. It's definitely worth trying!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I'd seen many of my favorite Youtube beauty gurus using this, and figured I'd give it a try. I didn't want to spend $31 on a .75 fl oz tube, and end up not liking it. So I popped over to my local Sephora to try it out.

Watching Youtube videos, I had failed to notice that this primer is not clear like all of others I've used. It's a light nude color and I was afraid it wouldn't blend well into my darker complexion, but it surprisingly did. I like the texture, it's very lightweight and smooth. It goes easily into the skin without feeling cakey, heavy, or silicone-y. I have big pores around my nose and it really blurred the look of them; my skin looked and felt a lot smoother.

I wore it around all day with no makeup, and after around 7+ hours, my skin still looked velvety and even. Very little oil appeared in that time, and my face remained nice and matte. I tried it another day, wearing it under Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation with same results. It made my foundation go on much smoother, and prevented it from settling into my pores. Though I had only spent around 4 hours with it on, my foundation and blush remained vibrant and I didn't get any oily-ness. I finally decided to purchase my own after the good experiences I had with the tests at Sephora.

I really like this product. I've never had a primer that has lasted as long as this with no textural problems. I only wish it was cheaper. $31 for a tube is pretty steep, though a little goes a long way. It sounds pretty stingy, but buying three .25 fl oz tubes for $10 each saves you a dollar over buying one .75 fl oz tube for $31, and you get the same amount. Not only does the $1 savings add up with each purchase, but I prefer this because I can have a tube in my makeup kit at home, one in my purse for on-the-go, and an extra one for travel or whatever else I may need it for. This is much more convenient than needing it while out, but finding it troublesome to carry one large tube everywhere.

I usually wear it alone or with either the aforementioned Smashbox foundation, or my Mac Pro Longwear, Estee Lauder Doublewear, Covergirl 3 in 1, Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover foundations with no problems from any. It's easily found in Ulta, Sephora, department stores, or online.

I really like this product, and highly recommend it. It may not be for those on a budget, but it's great for those willing to spend a little more and have great looking skin with or without makeup. There may be cheaper options with great quality out there. But until I find them, I will stick to this awesome product and gladly repurchase again and again..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Hmmmmmmm... After using a sample size of this for the last few weeks, I'm still not sure what to make of it. There's a part of me that really wants to like it, but I'm just not sure it's for me. And for the price (£24.50 for a 22ml tube) I'm not convinced I'm getting the results from it that I was led to believe I would get...

First off the good things - it's a neutral skin-tone colour, so it blends in nicely with the colour of my skin. And although it looks a couple of shades too dark, once it's been applied you can't tell you've got any on so it doesn't really matter what the shade is. It also doesn't have that unpleasant silicone feel to it like some primers do, so I wasn't afraid to apply it to the more oilier parts of my face for fear that it might break me out (it didn't and never has).

But then there's the not-so-good things. Contrary to the packaging claims, it doesn't 'minimize the appearance of pores'; well at least not mine anyway. In fact this has a tendency to look like it's sitting on top of my pores, making them look bigger and more noticeable once I've applied the rest of my makeup. And the biggest problem for me is how much oilier this makes my skin look and feel as the day progresses. I usually do my makeup at around 8am on workdays, and I've definitely noticed that my skin is a lot oilier by lunchtime. When I use this I always have to use blotting sheets partway through the day to remove the excess oil that's built up. Compare this with the days when I don't use it and I don't have to use blotting sheets at all.

I'm glad I was given the opportunity to try this, but based on my experiences I wouldn't be tempted to purchase the full-sized version. It just didn't 'wow' me enough and I feel that there are actually other brands (the primers from Kiko spring to mind) which perform much better and don't cost as much either.