November 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by lwrng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I got this as a sample & so far am seriously considering purchasing it. I have very oily skin & even though putting this on today before my foundation & mac blot powder felt like an annoying extra step, the texture was very velvety and matte & did *slightly* blur my pores. But it was once I got home from work and looked in the mirror that I was pretty impressed. I was nowhere NEAR as oily as I usually am at that time. So due to that fact this stuff may become a must have for me !!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think it's okay. I've gotten numerous samples and didn't really get a good feel for it and finally a beauty friend(who knows zilch about biochemistry and doesn't want to know, with the products she uses, you can see why she maintains the delusion) bought me a small tube since this is her holy grail.
I have oily skin and the matte finish doesn't last long on me at all.
My skin isn't sensitive but this has a ton of fragrance that lingers on skin. My skin gets mildy irritated and I can almost feel my skin cells dis functioning. I imagine how those of you with broken/sensitive or rosacea-affected skin feel. Ouch! My condolences.
The "scent" itself is pretty mild and my nose doesn't like it nor hate it.
Anyway, this fills pores and imperfections really well. You don't need that much product, and some others types of this product you need to build. This really leaves that porcelain doll look and the tint disappears into skin. The matte finish feels wonderfully matte at first. I can see why so many people love this.
However, I can't justify the price for the lack of oil control and for all the fragrance. I much prefer Nyx Pore Filler or L'Oreals Miracle Blur with spf.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is ok, I guess. I had a couple of individual samples plus a good sized sample tube from Ulta purchases. This smoothed out my skin and blurred the look of my large pores, whether I used it under or over makeup. I liked that this is unscented and doesn't feel oily going on. It worked alright for keeping my face from being greasy in temperate weather, but it didn't hold up on hot/humid days. Also, I felt like I had to use more of this primer than others I've used. This is pricey and only worked somewhat well for me, so I probably wouldn't actually buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by DeeAcq

After suffering with oily skin for many years I have tried a lot of primers for oily skin.
I have tried all ranges from Smashbox, Shiseido, Avene, Mario Badescu, and the list goes on.
My HG of anti matte primers was the Smashbox Anti Shine but they have discontinued this product which I am completely devastated about. I then stumbled across the Porefessional primer which I have seen several times but never actually tried. I ordered a sample not waning to purchase the full size in case I didn't like it. This product actually turned out great for oily skin. t help foundation stay matte all day and helps keeping you look flawless.
The only cons I have about this product is that it's a very sticky texture and you needs to work fast to apply it to your face. The other con is that it' tinted, more suitable for a medium skin tone. If you have fair skin like I do, then this product underneath your foundation will actually make you looked darker than you are.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by silverkoala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It worked on my cheeks, but my forehead and nose looked like a fried chicken after 3-4 hrs. I don't even have oily skin... My cheeks looked smooth but the product is too expensive for that. Again I'm horribly disappointed at Benefit 😟

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by KrystineVu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To me this primer does exactly what a primer should do: it makes your skin smooth and silky, covers pores and keeps the makeup in place. I use this under foundation and notice that it keeps the foundation very long lasting. However, I still notice theres oil on my T-zone after 3-4 hours, so the oil control power is just so-so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by unconvential87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it makes foundation stick better and stay longer, a little goes along way.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ladyak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Returned. I didn't like this primer, not even a lilttle bit. I have larger pores and this didn't help at all. I don't use thick foundations, I just stick to BB cream (Dr. Jart black label) and after applying this my skin looked exacly the same as if I had no primer under the BB cream.
I don't really like the texture either. But the packaging is cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to primer, especially for the t-zone, and a little goes a long way. I have quite oily skin and visible pores on my nose, and this fills them in but doesn't make me break out at all (been using it for years and never caused a problem, and my skin is super problematic) it makes your skin feel silky and smooth and lets foundation glide on flawlessly, and in my experience definitely extends the wear-time of my foundations (even estee lauder dw which I have worn swimming and still looked good!) I also like that this is quite a thick product, I've used really runny primers and they don't seem to give as good a base as this. One thing with this product, when you think you've finished it, cut the tube in half and scrape it out, I got an extra 3 months (wearing every single day) out of mine and kick myself for not doing it with the first 2 (live and learn I guess). Really great product and as with all other benefit cosmetics products, super cute packaging and pretty good price.
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer two weeks ago when I was in France and i obviously went to sephora since we don't have sephora in Germany but whatever :D
I had heard so much about this product (mostly positive things) but I never really looked at it in my local store before but when I was in sephora i had to try it out and couldn't believe how this product had never been on my radar before. I have combo/oily skin and I'm always looking for a good primer, why didn't i think of buying this one? So i picked it up, went back to my hotel room, removed all of my makeup and reapplied it, after putting on the porefessional.
First of all, I love how this makes my skin feel, smooth, soft and silky. It creates a very nice surface for putting foundation on. I've set my foundation with a powder and this combination kept my oils away for about five to six hours, which is amazing for my skin.
I can't really say anything about it hiding pores since I don't have that big pores but when it comes to a primer that keeps your face matte - girl, this is your product.