BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 6/9/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been reading reviews and I agree with others who say that this does not pair well with liquid foundation. It tends to to accentuate the liquid foundation in the pore thus accentuating the pore worse than what it looked like before you applied Porefessional - that's kind of opposite of what it's intended to do, right? Worn on its own, it does minimize pores so I do think if you have somewhat good skin, you could just wear this with a little concealer and be done. Where I think this product excels is when it is paired with powder foundation. I have tried it with different powder foundations and it actually has helped me to love some of the powder foundations I have set aside. The powder foundation and the Porefessional work in synergy together creating a flawless look to the skin, while actually helping the powder to not sit on the skin like powder tends to do when it's first applied. So, if you are a powder foundation wearer, I highly recommend Porefessional, but if you are a liquid foundation wearer, skip this one.

on 6/9/2015 10:04:00 AM

I have HUGE pores, so I am always looking for something to help with that. If you're wearing it without foundation, great. With foundation? Ugh, it turns the foundation cakey and horrible to apply around the nose. And this product really isn't one of a kind, many companies (eg Clinique) make one almost exactly the same, for the price and the effect over foundation I wouldn't recommend. For anyone with big pores and an oily t-zone, I'd find another primer if I were you.

I have large pores and tzone oily, acne prone etc and found this helped hugely with the longevity of any brand of foundation. I really noticed when I forgot that first step, my nose and chin would "slip" within 5 hours. Highly recommended

on 6/5/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After finishing the sample size of this primer I am highly impressed. I have combination-oily skin with a ton of huge pores and this really made my face a nice canvas to any foundation (liquid, powder, and both)! If only the sample and full size weren't so expensive, it is a great product though.

on 5/26/2015 10:44:00 PM

I bought the travel size, when I put this on my face I thought it was amazing and I was so happy about it, then I put my foundation on and I was like uhm okay, then my setting powder and my face was so cakey as always and my pores were visible again!!! it works GREAT without makeup, but after you put your foundation it actually looks worst, because not just look cakey, made my face look dry, but like really dry :/ (and I'm oily) I had so many hopes on this but it just doesn't work for me

on 5/26/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Interesting/surprising texture. Basically what you'd experience from a traditional makeup primer that's silicone based, but it's slightly tinted (although don't expect it to cover anything). Doesn't do much. Doesn't really minimize pores a substantial amount that would be worth mentioning. In fact it doesn't do much of anything besides distract you with it's interesting silky texture. I think people enjoy this product because it's interesting to put on - feels nice. That's about it.

on 5/25/2015 7:55:00 PM

A quick run down of my skin: I have combination skin, oily in the T zone but also kind of dry on the sides of my nose and cheeks (if that makes sense). I rate this product a 3/5 because it did do what it claims which was minimize my pores on my nose, and trust me I have large pores! but it clung onto my dry skin and made it even worse! I wear this under my mac studio fix and my maybelline fit me concealer and at first I thought it was my foundation making me dry because i had used both for the first time but after experimenting with both products for a month I noticed that when I switched foundations and used this primer, it still made my dry patches stand out. I don't know why it does that to my skin but I must say it does work in filling in pores. I guess if you don't have really dry areas then this is a good product! Make up application really glides on under this! As for the price, if you're gonna try it out for the first time, I suggest getting the travel size for $12 instead of the full size because it'll be enough to last you and you can really see if its worth a second purchase.

on 5/21/2015 10:09:00 PM

I've had a few tubes of these out of Benefit gift sets.
Happy I did not purchase the product individually.
I have combined skin, my skin tends to get very oily in the summer and dry in the winter.
Porefessional really dries my skin out, I don't feel like it helps my make up stay on either. It leaves my skin looking dull as well. The texture of it does feel really nice but for the price of this product it's really not worth it!

on 5/20/2015 7:30:00 AM

Works amazing, its literally removes all your pores in seconds. I dont have a ton of pores, so i tried it on my boyfriend who does and it worked so well! I still use this even thought i dont have tons, and i really like it but i probably wouldnt buy it again cause i dont have alot hahaha

on 5/18/2015 4:32:00 AM

I tried to love this product, but I couldn't. I found that it made my skin oily and my foundation just transfers really easily. I much prefer the baby skin by maybelline, 100x better and the price is amazing.

Popular Primer/ Correctors