BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got samples of this and gave it a GOOD try before posting this negative review here. This products states that it diminishes/disappears the appearance of pores and extends the wear time of foundation when used. Well, none of those statements turned out to be true in my experience.
The first time I tried it I had applied my snail gel moisturizer beforehand, letting it get absorbed into my skin first before smoothing this primer over my skin. I have huge pores around my cheeks and nose, and foundation normally breaks down in those areas first after four hours. This primer did NOT reduce the appearance of my pores and foundation still broke down within four hours into the day.
Second time I gave it a try, I applied NO moisturizer or SPF beforehand and I obtained the same results.
Third time I tried it I applied a thicker layer of this primer than what I had applied the previous tries. Same bad results.

All in all, over priced as hell, doesn't work for oily skin with huge pores and a tropical environment, and I think YouTubers are getting paid a ton of money to sponsor and recommend this because there is no way in heaven this really works!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This felt like an oil slick on my skin. It didn't really blur my pores either, and made me break out a bit on my chin. Not worth the hype. I still prefer my Hard Candy or Elf to this mess of a product

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is pricey and performs in exactly the same way as other cheaper blur creams on the market. Save your money and buy one of those - you will get exactly the same result.

on 8/4/2015 2:18:00 PM

I love this product, but I can only use it sparingly. I use it only on the places that have the pores that are simply too large to cover with minimal foundation

on 7/31/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is another of those temporary smoothers that are silicone-based. It's basically tinted, fragranced, overpriced dimethicone. Look at how many times dimethicone is listed as an ingredient:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides, Trethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

Would you like your dimethicone with a side of dimethicone? Dimethicone isn't bad; it's not an irritant. My only beef with slippery dimethicone is that it feels oily if there is too much of it, and I know it's not expensive for cosmetics companies to buy, so why does POREfessional cost so much? I already have a sunscreen that has dimethicone in it, and most of my foundations have it, too. I don't see the need to add another layer of it, or to add fragrance to my face, which POREfessional also contains. As much as I love the polished look of a beautiful foundation, I dislike having lots of products on my face at one time. So if I'm going to add another cosmetic, there better be a darn good reason.

POREfessional doesn't contain sunscreen, it doesn't provide coverage, and I'm not seeing any health benefits (antioxidants) that make me want to add this optional makeup step. Tinted, fragranced silicone is all I see.

Although it does temporarily blur my pores upon initial contact, the effect is short-lived. There are some drugstore products that do the same thing. Within an hour, I looked in the mirror, and I could see my pores again. So am I supposed to apply POREfessional once an hour? Is that why they sell a jumbo size?

The regular size costs $31 for 3/4 of an ounce. The jumbo is $42 for one-and-a-half ounces. I can't justify this spending when the "benefit" is so fleeting. I'd rather buy a good setting powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been wanting to try this for so long and yesterday I finally tried it for the first time. I have dry skin, but for some reason I have quite large pores on my inner cheeks next to my nose. I tried the MUFE smoothing primer, and while it filled in my pores a tiny bit, it made my nose and cheeks look extremely dry. The porefessional has a very slippery feel to it, but it makes my skin feel baby bottom smooth, and honestly it fills in my pores so well, I would say they are around 70% less noticeable when I wear this. The price is hella expensive, especially in Australia ($54 AUD), but to be honest I think it's worth it.

on 7/26/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Take it from a person with large, oily pores: this is AWESOME. A little goes a verrrry long way and it kept my Exxon skin oil-less for a long, long time. On the other hand, let's be real... There's not much you can do to change the appearance or size of pores. This helps in terms of "skin spackle" but compared to other products or pre-POREfessional, it definitely helps!

on 7/25/2015 9:40:00 AM

I bought the travel size and unfortunately it broke me out! I applied it around my nose and every time, I get acne on my left cheek. I really wanted a primer that minimized my pores.

on 7/23/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've heard a lot of mixed things about this primer. Some people loved it and other hated it with passion.

That's one of the reasons why I was skeptical about buying it, the other is that I hate putting silicone based products on my face BUT I ended up buying the travel size version.

Let me start by saying that it costed 8€ during sales! for 7.5ml of product thats just crazy!! Tho I guess I'm just happy that I threw almost 10€ instead of 30€ so.. There's that.

The first thing I noticed straight away was that is was really hard to apply it. I feel like I've wasted a ton of product and still my whole face wasn't covered.

I also have acne scarring and some fresh breakouts (yikes) and this thing litteraly clings around them making them so much more noticeable and flakey instead of blurring them.
It also sat and dried the skin around my nose which wasn't dry already and it did fill my pores but by filling them I mean making them look bigger and dirtier!

On top of all that it just made my makeup look cakey, darker and more matte/powdery (which is a finish I hate) even tho it normally looks more dewy.

I've used it with 3 different foundations (MAC fix fluid, L'Oreal infallible and Chanel vitalumière aqua) and I got the same results every time. Finally I've used it with and without moisturizer underneath, same results.

SO I'm done with this product it's such a nightmare and honestly I'm also afraid to buy any other primer ever again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't have big pores but I know people that do and use this product and it really works for a while. It doesn't correct the problem. It does cover them up.