BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 7/13/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried this product I honestly thought about how much it smells like my Grandmama. So pretty much expect it to have a strong old lady smell when using the product. Besides that, when I applied it over my problem area (the top side of my nose) I saw an improvement.

My pores aren't too noticeable, but with this over my skin appeared very smooth. I wish my skin always appears smooth!

on 7/12/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- silky

CONS

- effect on pores is short-lived
- no difference in wear time

COMMENTS: Received this as a sample and was not pleased at all. This will temporarily minimize pores, but that's about it. I pressed it in, I rubbed it in. The effect was still short lived. I would say, no more than an hour. I saw no difference in the application or wear time of my foundation. I wasn't too fond of its thick consistency, either.

Will not purchase.

on 7/7/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

it good in my opinion
makes my skin smooth and my foundation glides on easily with it and stays for longer time
not a magic though it is just good I think I feel so because I don't need it that much my skin is already smooth and clear at the first place .

on 6/29/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a travel size version of this and have used multiple sample foils over the years. It is an okay primer for me. I have oily skin and I don't think it really helps with oil, although I don't think that's one of the product claims. I suppose it helps my makeup stay put a big longer, I have no evidence to the contrary. However, it is a bit pricey and honestly, I can use other primers that come in cheaper. The NYX Angel Veil is a pretty good one in the winter for me. I'm currently testing a few high end primers for summer use but they're all high end brands. The NYX Pore Eraser and the Shine Free one are pretty good for the money if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Porefessional. I won't buy again, unless it comes in a value pack or something like that.

on 6/24/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ive repurchased this primer many times, great for keeping you matte and smoothing out the skin.

on 6/24/2015 12:45:00 AM

I found this to be a really smoothing primer and you could definitely tell it was high end. However it's pricey for what you get out of it, while a little does go a long way, there are many cheaper primers on the market.

Have used it for a couple of weeks already. It does actually help to lengthen the wear of my concealer (Maybelline Fit Me). Application of the concealer is also smoother and easier to blend out when this is used. I do not think that it helps much with the visibility of pores. Also, it always leaves a powdery finish which i really do not like.

on 6/21/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Pricey, but it works. A little goes a long way if used properly.

I've been using this for about 6 months and really like the results. I apply it after moisturizing and primer. I apply it only on the areas of my face that have visible pores (apples of my cheeks, tip of nose and above my eyebrows for some reason).

I find that the key with this product is to gently pat it into the skin where you need it, don't rub. You also need to give it a minute or two to set before applying your foundation, powder or sunscreen. Unless I am in a massive rush, I always 'schedule' 5-6 additional minutes (total) to my makeup routine in order to allow my moisturizers, primers, pore fillers and base products to set. It has really made a huge improvement to the performance of my various products.

I have used The POREfessional alone and it does work well at filling the pores. I have to use a light hand because it can leave a slightly chalky cast on my skin if it's not given time to absorb properly.

I've had no problems adding a bead or two on top of my finished makeup....it did not alter the color of my products. I will definitely continue to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it worked okay but not as well as my hg primer, the hourglass veil primer

on 6/19/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Does not work at all if you have large pores and bad skin. Totally a waste of money and anticipation.