August 1, 2014 | 1869 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by dawnhouzz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I need the input of others who like this product pls because I want to continue using it. I love the foundation itself but HATES the packaging because after two use, it is hard to get the product using the pump. Nothing comes out. I had to pump and pump and shake to get a little bit. I had to force open the bottle to be able to use it. Bottom line, I spend time in putting on my foundation when using this bottle. Other products I have tried do not have this problem.
How do other users deal with this?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

This is one of the best luxury drugstore foundation i had ever discovered. I have swatched over 50 different kinds of foundations from high ends ( Sephora, Macys, etc,ect) to pick out the best of what drugstores can offer as far as consistency of coverage, lasting power, shade ranges. Loreal visible lift made it to the final rounds on my quest to finding a good foundation at a reasonable pricing, The Loreal visible lift foundation has the exact consistency, scent and remarkable result as Nars Sheer foundation.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by castellanocm

I like this foundation because it goes on very nicely, smoothly, and blends very well. It covers all my blemishes and is pretty true to my skin tone. This is all fine and good- for only about 3 hours. After about that long, my skin was super oily, orangy, and come off in some spots. I wish it lasted because for the first few hours it was on, it looked great! i'm so disappointed. :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this makeup today. I did not think I would like it as well as the L'oreal Lumi - but I do! It is so creamy and goes on smooth. It just takes a bit, so think I will use less next time. I got the classic Ivory and it matches pretty well.
I also set this with a bit of pressed powder. Texture looks great on:)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

As a foundation hoarder who is reaching the ripe old age of 19, anyone will tell you a foundation marketed as "anti-aging" was just about the LAST thing I needed. But, me being me, I disregarded their warnings, took my coupon and paid about $3 for this baby.
And...I love it.
I think what gets me hooked on these foundations formulated for mature skin is how they manage to glide like a figure skater over my problem areas; crater-sized pores and ridiculous acne. I assume it's part of the whole "anti-aging" thing, ya know, gliding over fine lines, wrinkles and all that.
I do like L'Oreal's attempt to color match (Seriously, three shades for Ivory! Three!) but once again, the palest of the pale (myself) found the lightest shade too dark. Shocker. Oh well, nothing I can't fix.
What really impressed me was how well this foundation wears. I have combination skin, it's certainly not an oil slick, but most foundations that claim to be long lasting melt right off...just before clinging onto the driest parts of my face. Given that I have the best of both worlds with my dry and oily skin that is currently only a few shades lighter than snow, I wouldn't have been surprised to see this foundation turning orange and patchy almost instantly.
It however, held up quite nicely and looked fresh and lovely towards the end of the day. A little separation after 15 hours...but when in makeup's name am I going to need a foundation last that long? Either way, it's nothing a touch of powder can't fix.
I should also mention that I adore how L'Oreal added a pump. If it's going to cost me $12.99 for this lovely little bottle, it better be classy. And classy it is.
I can only conclude that if 18-year-old me loves this now, 50-year-old me is going to do cartwheels. L'Oreal, do me a favor, don't discontinue this.
EDIT: Well darn. This little guy ended up breaking me out something fierce. I guess there's a reason why this is for mature skin.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually not a bad drugstore product....doesn't wear as long as I would like, but gives nice finish to the skin, doesn't sink into wrinkles,- quick, easy, and blends nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this stuff. It has a very smooth finish and does illuminate the skin very well. I applied it with my fingers in two layers and it more or less covered everything I needed to. I used a touch of concealer over just two spots. I have a bit of uneven texture on one cheek and it didn't enhance it. It also dries pretty fast as my first coat was ready to go over within seconds. I set it with translucent powder so I can't really speak to its transferability. The color match was utterly perfect in the natural ivory shade and I'm pale olive. The shades seem to lean more neutral to warm than cool. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't break me out. I don't have oily skin so oxidation is rare and usually slight so I'm not worried about it changing colors. My skin leans more on the drier side of combo and if I didn't moisturize this seems like it might cling but the fact it's illuminating may lessen how noticible that is. It's not cheapy cheap but much less than my current foundation from Sephora. The bottle is glass with a pump which is nice for a drugstore foundation but as always pump means you gotta go digging in there when you get low cuz it aint gonna come out on its own past a certain point. Otherwise good drugstore buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Whoa Nelly! Bought this on a whim as the Retinol and Vitamin C declaration on the label caught my eye. I thought color selection was decent enough and was able to find a good match for my fair skin. I liked how the foundation applied, giving a natural coverage. Oh my goodness is it ever drying though!!! I wear Cosmetic skin solutions serums, a Nuxe serum AND my Ceravie moisturizer before I even think of applying foundation. My face (after 1/2-1 pump applied with my Sigma 180) looked like I was wearing Halloween-esque mummy makeup!!! I could not get over how bad my skin looked. Cracks, separation, dry peely areas...HORRID!!! I didn't have time to wash it off and start over so I covered the worst areas with Nivea cream and pulled some of the worst skin oeels off with tweezers (yes, it was that drying!!) now I do have dry skin, but not as bad as this foundation suggested. I don't know what is in this stuff, but it was like clay on me!! I tried it again a few days later (after doing a glycolic peel so I know there was no peeling skin) mixed with my moisturizer, the finish was better. I went walking and city shopping with my family so I didn't thi about my foundation. I checked my face in the mirror about 5-6 hours after application and I areas of serious peeling again!! Super dissapointing. And not dirt cheap at $12.50 either!!

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by rbellew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/combo skin and I've tried many many foundations and I love this! I can't say if it will still work well in the summer, it is hydrating and I'm thinking you could get some tzone oiliness but as for a go to winter foundation this is it for me. It just makes my skin look amazing, no shimmer, but it is luminous. It's not a full coverage so i do use a concealer/primer for my redness. It also feels great on the skin. This is 100% NOT FOR PEOPLE with OILY skin! Don't bother, I'm thinking that is why this has gotten bad reviews. I do have fine lines and large pores and this does not highlight them. If you are having that issue maybe try a different way of applying (stippling brush/wet sponge). Anyhow, love love love! Now I need to find a great summer foundation for when I'm oily/combo. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lcmcallister

love the foundation, but the breakable packaging makes it hard to travel with!