LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 2/22/2013 11:40:00 PM

A rich slick of something oily when I want it, and no real fuss. Need to use it up quickly as like most Lush it doesn't have much in the way of preservatives.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I cannot use a lot of products on my lips due to allergies but this really helps my lips which are very dry and cracked. You only need a very small amount and it glides on easily.
It does have a grainy texture many will find a put-off, but because of the benefits of its 3 all natural ingredients i'm willing to over look this. I do recommend using a mirror when applying as it can leave little white grains on your lips though.

A great all rounder and definitely a good alternative to vaseline.

NB: Its worth asking for a small sample before trying as it is expensive.

on 2/13/2013 12:24:00 AM

Another total letdown from lush. I was hoping this would be a great multi use product. I had bought it with the intention on using on fresh tattoos in place of a petroleum-based balm like a&d or aquaphor, since petroleum can block the pores. I also thought its be good for cuticles and lips, maybe even stretched earlobes. Well...the smell of this was straight up horrid. One sniff and I swear I literally puked in my mouth a bit. It smells rotten, rancid, and very strongly chemical-y (why when it only has like 2 or 3 ingredients and is natural? And No I didn't get an expired one or anything like that). I could just not stand the smell so could not use the product. Also when I received it the outside of the container had the melted oil all over it and got all over all my other items in my order (no it wasn't warm out causing it to melt, it was like 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside lol). Big disappointment. If it didn't smell or they fix the smell I'd retry, maybe..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my holy grail lip product! Yes this stuff is truly amazing for chapped lips and as a prep for lipstick. I use this every night and when I wake up in the morning my lips feel baby soft. Especially if I use Fresh Sugar Lip Polish before I use it. I don't really use this product for much else except my lips, but it has helped me when I was in a pinch and needed some cuticle moisture. The smell of the product is almost woody, but it doesn't linger. There is a slight grainy texture in addition to the slippery, emollient feel which I'm willing to overlook because of the benefits. I think tub will last me a long time since I really only use it for my lips. I really like the fact that it's composed of natural ingredients and I can't complain about the packaging. I'd suggest taking advantage of the fact that Lush offers samples and pick some of this up!

on 12/30/2012 5:43:00 PM

Este es un GRAN producto, porque sirve no sòlo para los labios sino para cualquier zona del cuerpo con problemas de resequedad.
Además de usarlo como complemento al Mint Julips Lip scrub, lo uso para los codos, que es una zona que se me seca y se me pela la piel.
Dió resultados casi inmediatamente, habìa probado un montòn de humectantes (incluso aceites) sin obtener tan buenos resultados.
Como hidratante labial contribuye a la fijación del labial.

on 12/30/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a little tin of this. you can no longer get the little tins :( I mainly use this on my lips but have used it on hands and other dry bits. I will be getting a big tin.

on 11/11/2012 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an AMAZING all-round balm!!! I have super sensitive and dry skin and i must have gone thru nearly every cream there is out there! And Lush products are probably 1 of 3 ranges that dont make my skin sting when its flared up. Ultrabalm is SO universal. It makes a great rich night serum of sorts or to use on ANY dry patches. Not tried it as a make up remover yet. It is quite greasy but not heavy at all and leaves the skin feeling soft and nourished! Its probably abit greasy to wear under make up but if its left to sink in long enough it'd be fine. I carry this around with me everywhere and am on my 5th pot this year. And with only 3 completely natural ingredients its excellent for sensitive skin! Packaging is minimalistic which is perfect. I'd totally recommend it!

on 9/23/2012 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I'm one of those girls who are almost OCD about skin care. Regardless where I am or what time I get home, I can't go to bed without removing my makeup and doing the whole skincare routine. As a result of my consistency, I've always had nice, clear skin that would look great with just some tinted moisturiser. However recently I started seeing a new guy and as I started staying over at his, I find myself sleeping with my makeup on simply because there is nothing at his house I can use to remove makeup/do my skincare routine and I really cant be bothered to bring my array of products to his. After a couple of weeks I could tell that my skin is paying for it, hard! I started to get pimples and little bumps and the texture of my skin got horrible and that's when I discovered ultrabalm. it comes in a convenient little tin that I can easily take with me and it has so many functions! It's great for removing my waterproof eye makeup, treating dry patches on the face, smoothing under the eyes, moisturising lips and I even rub it into the ends of my hair as a replacement for my hair oil. I know some people might say that you can do the same thing with Vaseline which is way cheaper however I think the texture of this product (it's way creamier and less gloopy than vaseline) makes it much easier to remove makeup. plus i would never ever put vaseline onto the ends of my hair. I'm a big fan of this product and will probably keep purchasing. It's one of the cheapest items you can get at LUSH although I'm not so sure as how long this tin is gonna last me as i find myself reaching for it a lot.

I've sensitive skin and had allergic reactions to some of the hyped eye make-up removers previously. So I was looking for a make up remover with natural ingredients. I've used Dermalogica's Precleanse before and I love it. It removed every bit of make up without irritating my eyes. But it's oh so expensive. Ultrabalm is a beautiful, cheaper alternative for Precleanse. It's multi-purpose too, I've been using it for my cuticles as well. Just two tiny downsides:

- It's a little too greasy and hard to remove even with warm water, I'm not a great fan of the sticky feel that it leaves. So I use it before going to bed and that makes it okay because it moisturizes my eyes and that oily feeling is gone in the morning; I wake up with soft eyelids, ready for make up. If I sin and sleep without removing my make up and use UltraBalm in the morning, it takes quite a bit of effort to remove that sticky feel before applying make-up again.

- Its consistency during summer makes you use more product than you would normally do because it gets too creamy. I left it in a room with A/C and it solved it for me. After reading the reviews, I'll now try keeping it in the fridge.

on 7/22/2012 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff! I bought it as a cheap alternative to my tin of Antipodes Skin Saviour, and although the Ultrabalm isn't as luxurious (and doesn't smell as nice) as the Antipodes stuff, it's a quarter of the price, so I'm happy.

It's winter here, so I'm finding it hard to get out of the tin, but that's to be expected when it has Jojoba oil in it. Jojoba's actually a wax, so it has that slightly grainy feel to it, and doesn't spread in the way an oil would, but it just means lots of little applications, instead of one big one.

So far I've used it as a night cream, eye cream, lip balm, cuticle conditioner, spot moisturiser (for keratosis, eczema and dry knees) and tattoo care cream. It hasn't failed me yet!

Also, the tin is great, really easy to open, but doesn't come apart in my bag.

If you're reading this though, Ultrabalm ISN'T a lip treatment... it's in the wrong category. It's an all-round skin balm.

Popular Lip Treatments