August 28, 2014 | 1755 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Dial Up

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Found this at the Dollar Tree and I was ecstatic because ideally Almay SOUNDS like it would be just what I need for my sensitive skin and eyes, but IRONICALLY, most everything Almay that I have tried has been more irritating than mainstream Maybelline or CoverGirl products. This mascara is no exception. Thought it was love at first swipe with how smooth and beautifuly dark black this initially went on as a mascara. However, 5 minutes after putting it on, my eyes felt and looked red and irritated, and this continued the whole night I had this on until I completely removed it. Very very sad because a $1 successful mascara would have made my month, and I surely would have gone back to stock up on more. But more importantly, I once again realized how Almay products are oddly even less hypoallergenic than other companies, mostly because (if you notice Almay ingredient labels) they like to put excessive botanicals and extracts in their products, which all can be potentially irritating. A lot of times, simple and basic is the way to go for sensitive beauty upkeeping.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I just think that the mascara doe nothing..The mascara claims that with the turn of a dial you can get varying looks I did not find this to be the case.The mascara looks the same at 1 as it does at 3.,I found that it neither lengthens or volumizes.It also flakes really quickly.If you want to try it I found this at the dollar tree,

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by AyesaM

My friend gave me this mascara a couple of years ago, and it worked the first time around. But I started to wear it everyday, and it just did not cooperate with my lashes. Removing it was a HUGE pain. I had to got through four cotton pads (two per eye) and left pre mature wrinkles behind. so I stopped using this product, saved a alot of time, plus my lashes and under eyes. It took a ton of time to rinse out the product. Sometimes there would be clumps from the mascara, which I found about 3 days later! Talk about clumps sneaking to the back of your lashes. Of course my lashes are now longer thanks to applying olive oil on them every night before bed. :) I would not purchase this product. It is right down terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

By far, one of the most gimmicky make up items I've ever bought. The dial only makes the opening smaller, so the only difference is how much mascara it scrapes off. While the mascara itself is okay, it's not voluminous or lengthening at all, perfect for whether you want natural, natural or natural on the verge of becoming something at all. Feel like a fool getting hyped up to buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

Reading the reviews, I'm a little disappointed -- people are finding this at the Dollar Tree?! I paid a few bucks more for it. Oh well. It's a little on the thin side and the dial-up feature is a gimmick. It only makes the hole that you pull the brush through bigger or smaller. It's pretty useless. Either way, I find that I need two coats (it's called "one coat dial-up"), due to it being so thin- and make sure you give it enough time to dry completely. It lasts a while throughout the day but I haven't yet worn it in the heat of summer. I'd rather just buy a different mascara that I'm positive works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by LadyDieqoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this mascara it's truthfully one of the best(; it leaves my lashes nice and neat and found at the Dollar store fo 1 dollar and needed another so went to target and got der for 7 but its def worth it so now wen I see dem in da dollar store I get a few(: ita a great product over all :) I recommend it:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Not my favorite, but it's a nice product. I do like that it has a nicely sized rubber wand. It isn't too big or too small, which allows for nice definition and some length. It is one of those mascaras where all the volume is in the base of the lashes, and pretty much super thin at the top. It isn't my preference when it comes to volume, and it can get a little clumpy when you first use it. Now, for the settings. The first setting is for definition and some length. The second setting is aboout moderate volume and definition. The third setting is about more volume. You really have to be careful with the third setting when you use it- don't overload the product. I can understand why some of the previous reviewers complained about clumping nightmares. The color is so-so, I was stuck with a black-brown that looked fine. Its tube was kind of awkward, honestly. It was so fat. This mascara stays on okay, no smudging, but it can flake. You can buy this anywhere, but I suggest BigLots for around $3. Same thing! haha. Overall, I like this mascara but I'm not crazy over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by BeautyInProgress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to mascara. The consistancy of the product is really nice, its on the thin side but not too thin. Plastic brushes are really bad most times but this one really works and you can get really close to the base with it and somehow I feel it helps them curl. I love it when I can find this product at dollar tree cause while I would pay full price for it, its awesome to not have to. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this from the Dollar Store. I really like this product, I keep it at the third dial. It's very good, it volumizes my lashes a bit, and I like the formula itself. I will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by xirapezombiesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i also got this at dollar tree

personally i dont think the dial up part actually even does anything, but thats alright. Im not sure about the mascara, some does it does really good and looks very nice on my lashes, but some days it clumps very very bad, and i think the texture is very runny/wet and that might have something to do with it.

overall its pretty awesome for a buck even with the non working dial and random clumps!

I would NOT repurchase for full price, as i think there is better mascaras, but for a dollar i would