July 24, 2014 | 1954 users online

Deodorants - The Body Shop - DeoDry Dry-Effect Deodorant [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Peridot07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant, and it's important to remember that. I bought these on sale, all 3 fragrances, and I don't mind them. I prefer antiperspirants when I'm out of the house, but for hanging out at home they work well. I feel they're a little expensive for what they are, I would not re-purchase at full price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by JubliantUvula

I am VERY disappointed in this product. I liked that it was natural without any aluminum in it.

I bought it (not intending to buy anything) with the promise that I could return it after trying it. I am SO glad I kept my reciept.

I am smelly with BO within 1 hr of applying this product. It takes a good 3 hrs for me to be smelly without ANY deodorant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

Aaaw, I'm sad to see so many negative reviews here. I love this deodorant! I bought all three fragrances, and liked them all. The blue one is the most effective, the pink one is the prettiest-smelling, and the green one is just ok. I'm a yoga teacher and don't want to wear anti-perspirant when I'm teaching (or practicing). I just don't want to stop sweat production when I'm working out and detoxing my body. I find that these REDUCE sweat without stopping, and they do a great job at preventing odor, which is very important to me. The fragrances are subtle and understated, and it doesn't irritate me. I do have to reapply this about once a day, but I don't mind.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by mejmvera

this is the worst deodorant i've ever tried. it sucks! never buy this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the roll-on in Fresh & Floral. Nice smelling, but like others have said, it doesn't last long, even for a natural deodorant. I have to reapply at least 4 times a day.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scent is fantastic, the idea is absolutely wonderful and the packaging is great (recyclable for the roll-ons). I really wanted to like this product and have it work for me, but unfortunately I have to say that it was quite ineffective.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked that this product cost no more than most well-known drugstore deodorant brands.

What I don't like is that it doesn't work. Wish I read the reviews here before I decided to buy 1 last time I went to Body Shop. At least it's not a big loss of $$, but it's another item in a long line of deodorant disappointments.

Not to mention, these may smell nice in the solid but once on the skin they don't mix well w/body chemistry IME. The effect to me is worse than just natural body aroma. It's like wearing a man's bad woodsy deodorant. Yuck. Never again.

That whole translucent crystal look & volanic salts gimmick sucked me in. I found the gel-type solid super-hard & dry - it dragged & pulled unpleasantly on that delicate armpit skin whenever I applied it.

Bad product, Body Shop.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by puddinhed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product smells great when first applied. However it did not last half of an eight hour shift of office type work! By the sixth hour I was downright ripe and very embarassed. I avoided people until the end of the workday. My thoughts are, if you want a product that works, go ahead and spend your money on an antiperspirant.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So disappointed that this deodorant just didn't work at all. I picked up the roll-on version of the green one from TJMaxx and was really excited to try it. It has a really nice herbal scent that lasts about 5 minutes. Then the rest of the day it's like I didn't put anything on at all, which doesn't really work for me in Florida in August. Oh well, back to my Nivea roll-on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

worst deodorant product ever. does not work at all and causes cysts. avoid if possible.