April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lipstain

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the pink ones and corals. After tey are wet, they dry up and stain. They do not leave a stain like the Covergirl lipstain. it desn' getmessy. I like the rose and peach colort too. It's justnot my thing. I like the sensational lipstick and glosses better. I tryed this one out, I didn't work out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice! Although it does feel funny coloring my lips in with maker, i like the result. i have it in Feeli'n rosy and i can have a healthy color for day, or layer it on for a sultry going out look. It doesn't seem to feather or rub of on my cup or food when i eat or drink. Also it wont dry out lips. i do wish it had some sort of finish to it. it has a funny taste while its wet, but fades in seconds as it drys. it a nice thing i would recommend for girls who are tired of fast fading lipsticks.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: After only using this for THREE DAYS it totally dried out on me!!! WTF?!? Okay so I know it's cheaply made and I didn't expect some thing that would parallel a Tarte lip stain but come on! I am sooo disappointed! And trust me, I didn't leave the cap off or anything and I kept it at room temp at all times. OMG, not only was the color so far off from the swatch on their website, the quality is rated 1 at best. I can't believe how crappy it is. I DON"T recommend it.

_____________________________________________
This is my review for the Maybeline Color Sensational in the color: "Blushing"....After doing my fair share of research, I found that either this, or the color "In The Buff" would be my best choice for a subtlle pastel pinky color according to the swatch on Maybeline's website and some shown on blogs and such. Well...I was wrong. First I heard that "In The Buff" was a more brownish color which was the opposite of what I was looking for so I went for "Blushing". This is more of a matte cranberry color, NOT baby pink. I actually thought that the color of the tube matches the actual color of the stain better than most other stains that have misleading packages. Overall, staying power was not too bad but not as good as Revlon's "Just Bitten" (I've tried that in "Instinct" - which I love and "Mystical" which is a darker, more berry version of "Instinct" --see my reviews on those!). Would I recommend? Well, it depends on what you're looking for, I only paid about $5-$6 for this at Target so price is great. If you're looking for a cheaper DS lipstain that doesn't chap your lips, this isn't a terrible choice. But honestly I think the Revlon ones are way better for only about a dollar or two more and it even comes with a lip balm to go over your stain for longer lasting and moisturized lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I lucked out and managed to get each color from Walgreens on clearance and they have a buy-one-get-one 1/2 off sale and they also let me use my coupons. I only ended up spending about $1.50 a piece for the whole line of colors.

Yes, the colors are much darker than the packaging indicates. I never go by the package anyway, but it is significantly darker than ususal.

I don't have any problem applying the stain. I use a rolling motion across my lips that works great for me. When I want to mellow out the darker colors, I just add a small dab of creamy concealer a shade lighter than my skintone and it maintains the 'stained' look without sacrificing the texture.

I don't find it drying. I do exfoliate my lips and use a tiny bit of lip balm before I apply. When I want the color with a little shine, I just add a clear or sparkle gloss on top.

Overall, I can't beat the price I paid. I would buy again with a sale and a coupon. It's not often I can find a drugstore product that I can wear every color sucessfully as a woman of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by KillCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this lipstain. I got it super cheap yesterday in 'feeling rosy'. It's much, much darker than what is advertised, but I was expecting it. It's almost like the ideal red lipstick (on my lips, which are very pigmented).
It smells glorious too. I used it first in the car and my grandma and mother turned around like 'What IS that?" (then they ended up buying it too)
Lasting power is good, not excellent. I'd say it would last about 6-8 hours if you're eating.
Packaging has been good thus far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by heenan

ok i tried touch of toffee which was not as warm as i had hoped still faded pinker then i wanted...in the buff? a bit lighter but still pinker then desired...also tried cover girls flirty nude or whatever and was burnt orange, warm but fakey looking on my lt med yellow skin tone..finally in final desperation got the maybelinne BIT OF BROWN ...PERFECT! gave me the right amount of depth and juicy lip color without the PINK! ive found that HE or lowend all these stains go on or eventually fade pink yuk. however i love the light weight and feel i hate heavy chunky gritty feel of lipstick. also most are uber drying verging on stinging.. maybeline is the least stingin and bit of brown least pink without being orange to date
ive tried
lorac drying and toooo pink
benetint.too pink and sheer for my skintone
vincent longo cupids breath ( warm sheer red)
cover girl ( all too pink or orange
revlon once bitten- burns and stings the crap out of ur lips makes them chapped and damaged!
palladio- in nude 2nd favorite, is a lil drying and only a touch pink, not as juicy color as maybeline,m a lil flat in color
nyc nverending nude- stings drys a lil pink doesnt last as long as others and others im sure
try bit of brown its not brown at all! with burts bees lip shimmer gloss in puckerberry its purrfect! PS 4 those who complain about died out tip the trick is to push down the tip on somthing to get the flow going, im guessing they did that to protect the whole tube from drying out inside. obviously the tip wud dry out based on the nature of the product as it is a liquid meant to dry quickly on ur lips :) still worth the money to have the right color 4 me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Wavegirl647

I love this lipstain. I have in the buff and its great. Its not a nude color at all, but its a nice rosy my lips but better color- just what i was looking for. Stays for about 4 hours and tastes like candy! also very easy to apply. It does dry your lips out but i know all lip stains do. I would recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this stain marker in 3 colors. The color on the packaging does not match what is inside so be warned! The true color is much darker than what you think it will be. Depending on the color this stain lasted 2-5 hours (I expected better). The red lasts the longest, the bright pink a little less, and the lightest nude/pink I bought is gone the fastest. The product smells great like raspberries. Its a little drying but I think that is typical for stains. I don't really like this b/c its so much darker than I was expecting. I think I'll stick to glosses and lighter lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by pinkxxcutie123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

okay so i bought this lipstain in wink of pink, thinking it was going to be a pretty light pink color , i even saw the color in a magazine ad & thought it was soo pretty .... WRONG! when i put it on my lips , which first of all was super hard to do. i had to like really push on it to actually get it on my lips, it wasnt even at all and only went in certain places and made my lips look super dry and disgusting ! and the color was completely different from what the tube is, its like a bright berry shade which i did not want at all ! but i will give it credit for lasting a while, it didnt come off of my drink or anything and still stayed. but yeah,i definitely will not buy this again, ill probably try cover girl outlast lipstain which ive heard better things about ...
and its not worth $7.49

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know lots of people don't like this product, but I actually don't mind it. You HAVE to test the colors in the store, because they are way more darker than the color on the packaging. The Walmart I went to didn't have testers, so I took that in mind when purchasing these. I got the shades "Wink of Pink" and "Bitten Berry". I think "Wink of Pink" is a step down from "Bitten Berry", it gives you a natural, hot pink lip although not too vibrant. I really like "Bitten Berry" , it gives you a "I just ate a bag of cherries" look to your lips. It isn't really red, but if were a few shades darker it could pass as red. But it's a really deep pink-berry color, and I find both of them to make my green eyes stand out. I usually use "Wink of Pink" during the day and "Bitten Berry" in the evening, but I sometimes switch it up. You do have to store them upside down so the product inside will flow to the applicator. And be sure to apply lipbalm before you use them! They are pretty drying so without applying lipbalm your lips will feel very chapped and the moisture will be sucked right out of them. The applicator isn't the best, you can see the color on the applicator before you apply it but then after you only swipe it on a few times the color is pretty much gone from the applicator. If you are thinking of buying these I would suggest to purchase a darker pink or red shade, as they show up more :) Overall they give a very nice, natural look to your lips that I think is perfect for the summer!