April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Freshpink29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I put it on my upper lashes and it smudges underneath my eyes but if I comb it out after applying it's better. Pretty good and volumnizing. Will not repurchase, want to find one with better staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite mascaras for the simple reason that it delivers exceptionally well. Once you get the hang of applying it, you will experience long, lush doll-like lashes without the spidery mess. It has fiber extensions like the better lengthening mascaras out there. However, its formula is wet enough to be buildable so you can layer it on to produce amazing lengths. Also, it is not gunky and messy like other fiber mascaras in the market. This makes it a joy to use. The black pigment is nicely dark and opaque. The brush is big and has a built-in flex so you can really reach from root to tip while coaxing a proper curl. It does not flake and has good staying power. Also, it does not have an off-putting scent. Lastly, it is reasonably priced for the quality of lashes it yields.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

I like this mascara but it's just above average. It gave me volume but it clumped a little. My on gripe about this product is that it makes my curl drop... Like it was too wet and heavy for my medium length lashes. I prefer the Maybelline's Great Lash Lots Of Lashes over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by cindygl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe it took me this long to actually decide to use it! I thought it wouldn't be worth the hype and the price was a bit much for me. However I was able to get my hands on it when it was 70% off so I thought why not test this out, see if it's just as great as EVERYBODY is saying - and it def is. Even my friends have noticed, stopping me mid conversation to inspect my lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by ailil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!! Not smudge and waterproof! I bought this because of its cute packaging. When new year's eve with my family I was exhausted and sleep early when I still wore mascara, when I got up at half past eleven, I thoght that I'll woke up with totally dark eyes and the mascara smudged yet I was very surprised this mascara not smudge after all even though I slept. This mascara not make eyelash spidery, it make my eyelashes thicker & longer, a bit clumped when I put more than 4 or 5 brushed. Overall this is worth to try mascara! Love this and definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by payphonesandcollarbones

The brush makes it so easy to use! It's a curved brush that reaches the nooks and crannies of your eyelashes, from its roots to its tips. It lengthens the lashes for sure, but only does so much for volume and thickness. In love with it's pretty packaging too, in a purple tube with metallic turquoise writing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by conceal4ever

I bought this mascara based on the rave reviews here on MUA. This mascara did not disappoint. It's very very affordable for such a good product. It's comparable to the Lancome L'Extreme that I used to buy for 3 times the price, and this has a better wand. I purchased the waterproof version, it gives me really great lift and extension, and doesn't smudge for about 4-5 hours. Thank you for the recommendation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by midwesternista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great drugstore mascara! It goes on easily and doesn't smudge at all. It gives my eyelashes volume that they don't naturally have.
The only issue is that there isn't very much in it. I've had it for about 3 months, (standard mascara time) and it's just about run out or dried up. I know that you're supposed to change your mascaras around this time, but most others last longer than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LehCarRachel

I really do love this mascara, not HG but I am still able to achieve an almost falsies look with this mascara. I think that the main con with this mascara was that after a certain point, more length I could add with the falsies tended to end up looking spidery. I absolutely HATE spidery lashes. So I had to be careful with not going to far. But this mascara gives a more natural -falsies- look, offers nice lengthening and volume but much more naturally then the rocket.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not terrible but not hg either. I use this as the final coat of my mascara application. I have never used this alone. I tend to build up a few coats of non waterproof mascara then finish with this. It usually plays well with others so it works for that purpose. Mine actually lasted a long time, maybe because I don't use it everyday. Weird smell, though not as awful as other maybelline mascaras I have used. What the heck do they put in his stuff that smells o terrible anyway.