September 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by LapinBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for a long time now. I prefer this drug store mascara over high end mascara any day. It's my favourite go to product and it's definitely waterproof. ( god knows how many times I cried while wearing this) I usually layer this mascara on top of my eye lash primer which makes it look more volumized.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The best drugstore mascara ever.

Pros:
- Totally waterproof
- Lengthen your lashes
- Gives a nice volume
- Holds your curl all day long
- No clumps, no flakes, no smudge
- No irritation

Cons:
- It dries quite quickly inside the packaging, after 3 weeks it becomes thick and increase the possibility of clumping

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I've been using Maybelline Lash Discovery waterproof mascara for years as my go to summer mascara. I can build up the volume,never smudged on me nor flaked. I've heard good things about this mascara and decided to give it a try. Bought it for less than $6 at target. Honestly, I don't like it. One coat of this only separate and darken my lashes,no volume,no length. 2nd coat gives me spidery looking lashes. I have very average lashes,it's also sparse,short,but luckily my lashes doesn't point downward so I do not curl my lashes on a daily basis. The only redeeming factor is that the formula,even tho it's a wet formula,doesn't weigh my lashes down. So far this mascara haven't smudged on me yet but the true test will be in the summer months. I'm still not sure if I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

On a normal basis, I look like I have no lashes. Which just basically sucks and since I'm not big on the whole False eyelashes movement just because I'm not fond of the heavy feeling on my lids. This mascara is just the one. Absolutely the one. It really does make you seem like you're wearing false eyelashes but not seeming as if they're too hard on the eyes. They're absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't clump up, it doesn't smell like whatever, it's the right shade of black, and it's not heavy on the eyes. As long as you know how to properly apply the product then you'd get a really good output with it

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by jess2133

When I first tried this mascara I absolutely hated it. It made my lashes clump and the formula was all wet and heavy. I tried it again after wiping off the mascara from the wand and the results were okay, it didn't clump and it lengthened and volumised my lashes. My main problem with this mascara, and with almost every mascara I've tried, is the smudging. Even though it's waterproof, it still gave me panda eyes after 5 hours. If not for the smudging, it would be a decent mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

The tube I have looks the same as the picture posted but the brush is black and curved a little. The brush is crap as it flexes and bends while I try to apply. If the brush was better I would really this. It doesn't smudge all day and holds a curl well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail drugstore mascara! My lashes are quite thin and point straight down, so there are a lot of things I look for in a good mascara. My greatest gripe is that while many mascaras can provide length and volume, they cannot hold the curl at all! With almost all of the others I've tried (Revlon, L'Oreal, CoverGirl... all of their mascaras), my lashes started drooping in less than 15 minutes. This does not do that :D!

[ PROS ]
- Truly waterproof
- Does not smudge throughout the workday
- Holds a curl for more than 12 hours
- Makes my lashes look a lot longer
- Provides enough volume
- Does not clump easily like some other popular mascaras (i.e. LashBlast)
- Does not cause irritation (my doctor told me I'm prone to styes)
- Does not cause problems when I wear contact lenses

[ CONS ]
- After about 12 hours, slight smudging will occur after a nap or if I rub my eyes

This is just an amazing mascara and I will continue to repurchase it! Do not bother with the regular version though, as the waterproof is just far superior in every way :).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this mascara for a couple of years now, and have repurchased it countless times. I am a huge mascara junkie because I don't wear false lashes due to the fact that I have been wearing mascara for so many years, it takes me significantly less time to curl my lashes and apply several coats of mascara than it does to apply false lashes. I am also just naturally horrible at applying false lashes for some reason lol.
I have tried numerous brands and types of mascaras trying to achieve my perfect lash look, and I'm willing to say this is the best mascara I have ever used. It lives up to its name "the falsies". My lashes look longer, thicker, and hold curl very well with this mascara. I like the waterproof version of this better than the original, but I usually always use waterproof formulas since they hold curl more effectively and flake less. This is definitely a waterproof formula, so make sure to use a waterproof eye makeup remover (my favorites are Neutrogena, Almay, and Clinique). I haven't experienced much clumping with this mascara, and the formula is much more fluid-like and less dry than other waterproof mascaras. The tube will normally last around 3-4 months, which may be slightly shorter than other mascaras, but Maybelline is very affordable and usually goes on sale at drug stores. As long as this mascara is on the market , I will continue to buy it and will definitely recommend this to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- do not smudge
- do not flakes off
- holds the curls for the whole day
- fragrance free
- do not irritate my eyes

Cons:
- SO HARD TO REMOVE!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by SpiffieCow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I accidently bought the waterproof version and let me tell you, it is definitely water proof. Though this is one of my favorite mascaras. It separates my lashes and adds enough volume. Sometimes there will be clumps, but this is more of a wetter formula. It's easy to apply and the brush has a little curve to it. I'm loving it, minus the fact it's a booger to wash off with just water.