Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 10/16/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am in love with this mascara! I bought it about a week ago and it's amazing. My eyelashes aren't especially short or sparse but they are incredibly straight, as in they have never, ever held a curl. With my last mascara (Benefits They're Real! believe it or not), I would heat my eyelash curler, curl my lashes, apply the mascara, wait for it to dry, and then heat the curler and curl them again. And even that didn't last very long or look very impressive. But this has made a world of difference. I still heat my curler but once I apply this mascara, my lashes stay beautifully curled. It also adds a decent amount of length and volume in my opinion but of course it doesn't actually make your lashes look like you're wearing falsies. But overall, I'd say this is a great mascara (especially for the price) and I will definitely be purchasing it again. The only negative thing I have to say is that it is INCREDIBLY hard to remove but since it's waterproof, it should be.

Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Length: 3/5
Volume: 3/5
Curl: 5/5
Color: 5/5
Waterproof: 5/5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I recently got this mascara because my waterproof maybelline full n soft dried up. I do like this mascara as it keeps my lashes curled and doesn't smudge or flake on me. However, like many other waterproof mascaras it is incredibly hard to get off, even with eye makeup remover.

on 9/24/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like this line of mascaras. All of them, or at least the waterproof.
I like that this one seems to make my lashes a bit longer looking than the flared version. I do not know what it is but they seem a but more lengthened, and flirty looking. With the flared I get more depth and volume.

on 9/23/2014 5:34:00 PM

I have used this mascara many times and can honestly say it sucks. I have pretty long lashes but they are as straight as they can get. I have really been on a hunt to find a mascara that will hold my curl and not kill it. This mascara just doesn't do that for me. I will curl my lashes and as soon as this mascara touches my lashes, it's as if i never even curled them!! So annoying. The only good thing I can say about this mascara is it's very dark and I like that but I would not repurchase this again. Will keep looking..

on 9/22/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am definitely in the minority of people who don't like this mascara, but for me it completely drops my curl and clumps my lashes together. I have pretty long, lush lashes and it manages to make me look like I have five sticks for eyelashes. Do not recommend for girls who need a mascara to hold their curl all day.

on 9/15/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Recently I've been on a hunt for my "holy grail" drugstore mascara, which lead me to do lots of research and watch a lot of reviews on different ones. I bought Covergirl's Clump Crusher mascara and loved it (although I wanted one that was actually waterproof) and I used up the whole tube. Since I had already formed an opinion on Clump Crusher, I thought I'd give this one a try. I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. At first, I thought this mascara was amazing (I bought it in the black-brown shade), it gave me the water resistance that clump crusher lacked, but after a while of using this product, I discovered many flaws in it. so let me just recap for you;

(Pros.)
WATER PROOF
Lots of volume
Provides Length
Can be very dramatic, depending on how many layers you put on
Lasts all day

(Cons.)
RACOON EYES.
Impossible to wash off (I appreciate the waterproof-ness of this product, but really? It required soo much scrubbing and made eyelashes fall out ):
Doesn't exactly hold a curl well
SO MUCH CLUMPING

All in all this product didn't exactly give me the illusion of "falsies" but it lived up to it's waterproof claim. Although this is not my "holy grail" drugstore mascara, I would repurchase this again to put on top of another mascara for its volume, but not as a stand-alone mascara.

on 9/9/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love! I have been using this for years and will continue to rebuy. Can't beat the price and quality. It makes my lashes full and long. I love the curved brush. I wear it in the darkest black.

on 9/8/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

RACOON EYES!! This mascara gave me racoon eyes within 2 hours, and full on panda eyes after 7 hours. Meant to be waterproof, but I am not impressed. Save your money folks

If you are looking for a budget mascara then give a try to 'Maybelline's the falsies volume mascara'.. it defines lashes perfectly, gives them volume and length too... check out price and detailed review at http://www.brideeveryday.com/maybelline-the-falsies-volum-express-waterproof-mascara-review-swatch

on 8/26/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

After years of Lancome Difinicils and then years of L'Oreal Voluminous I sadly had to find something new. Reviews on Volum' Express looked promising so I took a chance. Happily I found that it works very well for me! I have oily skin so a good non flaky waterproof mascara is a must. This mascara went on smoothly, no clumping and did not flake or give me raccoon eyes over the course of the day. It also did not burn my eyes or dry them out like the last tube of L'Oreal Voluminous did. Got the Volum' Express Waterproof in Brownish Black and it's a nice balance of the two colors though it seems to lean a little more on the brown side. It seems like this mascara goes on sale often so I will be stocking up! Not giving this a five since I think that Dior's Diorshow is the mascara all mascaras should aspire to and this one does not give that kind of length or thickness. Good product!

Popular Mascaras