November 23, 2014 | 1065 users online

Masks - Freeman - Chocolate & Strawberry Detoxifying Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ladyak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mask. It smells great, and works good. I usually put this mask on after showers or after deep cleaning my face. I use it about twice a week. (After deep cleaning is when I see the best results). I do have larger pores on my nose and a bit on my cheeks (yucky, I know), and it helps make them look smaller and cleaner. For the deep cleaning I first put warm water on my face and then use the warming anti-blackhead cream cleanser by Biore. Then steam my face for about 5 min or until pores are a bit more loose and I clean the nose area with a blackhead extractor. When I'm done I put the mask on and leave it on until it dries. I wash it off with warm water and when it's all gone I put really cold water on my skin, so the pores look a bit tighter. (I put some non-clogging moisturizer when I'm done).
-The mask does tingle when it's getting drier, which is the time that I rinse it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by skamaluddin

The first time I used this product, I was so excited because of the smell (I'm a huge chocolate fan) and I heard a good review about this product from a friend who has acne prone skin.

After I applied it for the first time, I noticed that my skin was STINGING like CRAZY in a matter of two/three minutes of the application, and I began crying in pain. I washed it off immediately.

After I washed it off, I noticed that my pores looked much smaller and my skin looked clearer, so I was surprised that something good came out of the pain.

I decided to try this ask again a few days later, and that's when all hell broke loose. After I took it off the second time, the intense stinging continued. I went to sleep with the stinging, and woke up with it as well. Then, I noticed HUGE red spots on my face that were burning. I had to take a day off of school to go to my doctor's, and he told me to stop using the product and I even had to get a prescription for a hydrocloric (sp?) that I have to use for two weeks to get rid of the redness.

NEVER in my life have I experienced such agony after using a skincare product, and my skin is not super sensitive or anything. It's usually very tolerant to products, and other products have never left such intense blemishes on my skin that required followup attention.

Please do yourself a favour and DO NOT buy this product. Stick to homemade natural facial treatments or Yves Rocher stuff. The price of this stuff sure is tempting, but it is NOT worth the pain that it will cause later!

Beware!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by AlexeRobert

Although the smell is AMAZING, it says on the bottle that this helps with the skin tone and I saw absolutely no difference. My skin felt annoyingly dry (just like when you buy a cheap soap and your hand doesn't glide smoothly over your skin). The texture is fresh and thick, which I liked. But I had to put on tons of hydrating cream afterwards just to get rid of that effect. I honestly prefer the Tradition de Hammam clay mask by Yves Rocher. It makes an instant HUGE difference on my skin tone which looks brighter and gives me sort of a bronzed feeling, plus my skin feels like a baby's butt afterwards. Definitely going to go back the that one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

Really great product for the price. This works as well as any clay mask I have tried. I like to apply this after a steamy shower. My skin feels so clean and tight (in a good, not overly dry way) afterwards. I also love the chocolatey smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask. It smells amazing and leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed. Because I have sensitive skin, it stings a bit as it dries and tightens, but it's not awful. It's also very affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is a really good mask, especially for the price. This mask took a little longer to dry than the Avocado & Oatmeal mask. This one also did not dry my face out, unlike the Avocado & Oatmeal mask which did dry my face out a little (nothing terrible though). I liked the smell of this. I did not detect any scent or trace of strawberry anywhere in this mask. All that you notice is chocolate; this should be called a chocolate mask. This did clean out my pores & deep cleaned the oils out of my skin. I would buy this again, but first would like to try some other masks out. This is great for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best deep cleansing clay mask Iīve ever tried! Iīve been now using this for three years and it really helps me to keep my skin clear of breakouts and blackheads. I have very sensitive, quite dry and redness-prone skin, but this one doesnīt irritate or dry it out at all.

I use this mask ca. once a week after my normal cleansing. I put a REALLY thick layer on my face, and let it dry for 15-45minutes (depending on how much time I have). It dries fast and looks like sahara desert and feels tight on skin, but when I wash it away, my skin is so clear and even!
When I have problems with my skin (mostly hormonal, once a month...) I somtimes use this every night for 3-5 days. It keeps most of the break outs away and helps the old ones to heal faster.

I donīt actually like the smell, itīs quite strong and sometimes it makes my eyes water (wearing contact lenses helps!) The package is also quite ugly, but the tube works well and is easy to use. This mask is also unbelieveable cheap: at my local shop it costs ca.4-5 euros and the tube lasts for 9 months at least (eventhough I use it REALLY much every time!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by UnscriptedLove

The scent is amazing, literally smells like chocolate!, I first wash my face, the open my pores with warm water pat dry & I Apply the mask & I wait until it dry's takes around 10 minutes to dry. I really like this facial mask because I suffer from Acne, & this stuff dry's my acne & reduces pimple size! I love this stuff! Make sure after you wash it off to use a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Faith100z

I had tried a Freeman's body butter and their cucumber peel mask and absolutely adored both so I went to pick up some more of their products the other day. Walmart only had a couple of their masks left so I got this and their pomegranate body scrub. I tried this and IT IS AMAZING.

I have dry skin and I expected it to be a bit drying, since it is a clay mask, though it wasn't near as drying as I expected it to be. I had dirt buildup/clogged pores on my nose that weren't quite blackheads and I wanted to find something to help that. I put on the mask, let it dry, and when I rinsed it off the dirt and gross stuff had all just disappeared from my pores. Super happy with this purchase! So effective and affordable! (I got it for $3.77 Canadian at my local Walmart).

I got the big tube and I think this is going to last me a long time. I expected it to be thick and a little hard to spread, like the cucumber mask, but this just glides right on your skin. A little goes a long way. The smell is to die for too.

Will totally be repurchasing when I run out, cannot say enough good things about this product!! :) Note: I have the new packaging where it's labeled as a clay mask, and doesn't have the "detoxifying" part on the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Eboniejoie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this face mask! It smells divine and it absolutely works wonders or my skin. It keeps my skins soft, moisturized and it keeps my pores minimized and unclogged. I absolutely loved it!