April 20, 2014 | 878 users online

Masks - Freeman - Chocolate & Strawberry Detoxifying Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Faith100z

I had tried a Freeman's body butter and their cucumber peel mask and absolutely adored both so I went to pick up some more of their products the other day. Walmart only had a couple of their masks left so I got this and their pomegranate body scrub. I tried this and IT IS AMAZING.

I have dry skin and I expected it to be a bit drying, since it is a clay mask, though it wasn't near as drying as I expected it to be. I had dirt buildup/clogged pores on my nose that weren't quite blackheads and I wanted to find something to help that. I put on the mask, let it dry, and when I rinsed it off the dirt and gross stuff had all just disappeared from my pores. Super happy with this purchase! So effective and affordable! (I got it for $3.77 Canadian at my local Walmart).

I got the big tube and I think this is going to last me a long time. I expected it to be thick and a little hard to spread, like the cucumber mask, but this just glides right on your skin. A little goes a long way. The smell is to die for too.

Will totally be repurchasing when I run out, cannot say enough good things about this product!! :) Note: I have the new packaging where it's labeled as a clay mask, and doesn't have the "detoxifying" part on the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Eboniejoie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this face mask! It smells divine and it absolutely works wonders or my skin. It keeps my skins soft, moisturized and it keeps my pores minimized and unclogged. I absolutely loved it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

This is my HG mask...it smells amazing (just like chocolate with a hint of strawberry!) and it works great. I use it mostly when im in the bath/shower and I it really does shrink my pores and moisturize my dull/dry skin :)

Love thisss!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Jessika1292

I absolutely LOVE this mask! I have combination skin, which means that my nose and forehead are oily, chin and jawline are normal and my cheeks are dry. Such a joy having combo skin *feel the sarcasm*

This mask balances my skin really well. After using this my skin looks healhty and glowing and like other people stated, my pores seem less visable. It smells entirely like chocolate - no strawberries there, but that's perfect to me since I'm a chocolate addict :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by EvaC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I knew that the brand was good and I wanted to try it. Its got an amazing smell! It didn't put me off at all. It was a nice texture and afterwards my skin felt really nice. I used it a couple more times but unfortunately, after a while, I realised that it was making me break out really badly after I used it. I'm so sad - it obviously just isn't for my type of skin. I really do give it full marks, just too bad that it didn't work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lolakissxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can I just say I love the smell of this mask, lol. I don't care what anyone says I love ittttt! I decided to try this one out and it works, I honestly picked this one because of the smell but I'm glad I did because it made my pores less visible as well, I can't complain with Freeman's masks! They do work, I'm thinking of trying their sugar scrubs next? Anyone know If they're alright to try out? Let me know :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this mask! I agree with another reviewer, you don't smell the strawberry at all. I don't mind though, because it smells like Chocolate cake batter!!! Yum!! I use this as a quick facial (dries in about 10 minutes), sometimes I keep it on longer. As a facial, it makes my skin super smooth and soothed, without drying it out. My pores also seem smaller. I also use this mask as a spot treatment on acne overnight, when my other spot treatments are drying the zit area out too much. This mask has shea & cocoa butters in it, so the kaolin clay dries out a zit, but the shea and cocoa keep it from getting flaky, if that makes sense. Overall, it's super cheap ($3-$4) and works great! I am officially in love with freeman masks! I think next I'll be trying the dead sea minerals mask and the pomegranate peel off...they're so cheap, I don't think I'll feel guilty at all if I end up buying all of the different kinds! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ricebunny2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay who ever is a chocolate lover out there (take me for example) you'll love this mask! It smells so good, but there's no smell of strawberry what so ever. It's a little strong so I would recommend it once every week or so. It burns my eyes for some reason but after the mask starts to dry the stinging goes away, and it does leave a little redness on my fair completion but to anyone who wants a deep clean, but doesn't want to spend a lot of money on it then get this mask!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sharonstar1212

This mask is simply amazing ! I had really bad acne and I used a acne product everyday and never cleared it and after only one week of using this my acne has smoothed out and gone away. its just an amazing product and I will definitely repurchase !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by aiislyn

I bought the sampler size at Walmart and tonight, decided my skin needed a little "detoxifying".

I cut open the little pouch and squeezed about half of the product out and applied it. It was almost too much for my face so I sealed the package and put it in my medicine cabinet for another day.
It went on super easy, much easier than the QH Mint Julep mask I have. It has a much smoother, creamier consistency, is tan-colored, and smells like chocolate though I could detect no notes of strawberry. I admit, it was strange smelling chocolate while I sat around in my Snooki-esque face getup but it didn't really bother me.
It says to leave it on until it dried but I kept it on for an hour, since I figure it can't hurt. There was definitely a tightening feeling but it wasn't unpleasant. I noticed that as it dried, it didn't flake like QH, which is a major plus.
After an hour, I applied a warm, wet washcloth to my face to soften it up and gently rinsed it off. I immediately noticed a change in my skin. My pores seemed smaller, a lot of redness in my cheeks was gone, and my skin felt so smooth. It was unreal!
I moisturized afterwards since I saw reviews about it being a bit drying but I hadn't seen any dryness in my skin prior.

The packaging was a little cumbersome but it was also a flimsy, sample packet. I still took off a lippie for that. The smell, albeit unique and a tad odd, wasn't unbearable. I will definitely rebuy if I see the full-size tube for sale anywhere.