April 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes + case)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I'm giving this 2/5 because 3 of the brushes are usable (but 2 interchangable), while 2 are not usable at all. What I am talking about:
- The two small brushes, the pencil brush and the flat liner brush, work well for smuding eyeshadow close to your lashes or applying highlight in your inner corner. None of them can work as an eyeliner brush though as even the liner brush is not thin and precise enough. And both do exactly the same job - I can't think of something one could do but the other could not - even though they are different shapes.
- The middle-size highlighter brush is fine for applying highlight to your eyebrow bone, but too big for highlight in the inner corner of the eye. What I find it good for though is using it as a crease brush, for blending!
- And the two MASSIVE brushes? The angled crease brush and the blending brush. Well, let's just say unless you have loads of crease space, these are just useless. My eyes are hooded so what was I thinking even buying this in the first place?! I tried finding alternative uses for them, but they're too small for contouring the face, too big for contouring the nose, not great for highlighters...
Ecotools, might be an idea to test these brushes on actual regular size eyes before releasing them into the world. Just sayin'.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I'm a vegetarian so over the years I've acquired a number of artificial bristles brushes and Ecotools win hands-down!!! I wish I had discovered them earlier. They are so much softer than all the other brushes I've got and the range is impressive. The fact they are Eco-friendly is a bonus :) All pros no cons for me!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMongoose12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I needed eyeshadow brushes so I got these, and I love them. The brushes are nice. They get the job done so I will buy them again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just purchased these brushes last night, and after thier first trial use I can say that I don't like these at all. These do not pick up eye shadow very well, infact I felt like I had to keep dipping my brushes in my shadows and I still wasn't getting any color payoff from shadows that looks great when applied with my ELF brushes. I had such high hopes for this product, being cruetly-free, and eco friendly. I'm still in search of an affordable cruetly-free brush set.Ugh the talkon hairs looked all wonky when I removed them from the packaging, there WAY TO SPARSE AND FLIMSY! For now I'll stick with my single purchased ELF brushes. I may purchase other eco tools brushes but NEVER this set again; good thing I kept my reciept.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have two sets of these. I love them. Blend blend blend ! Also, i use the crease brush to contour my nose. Again, i love these brushes

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A nice, little kit of eye brushes. I use these brushes pretty regularly to apply my makeup (especially the Angled Crease brush and the Petite Eye Shading brush). The packaging is cute, but not very practical (I've never used the little bag they come with). Overall, these are some pretty good brushes and a very reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by haiden304

I really like these brushes and the packaging! The set includes a brush to blend, crease, highlight, shade, and smudge.
My favorite is the blending brush because I think it does the best job for what it says it's for. The creasing brush is way too big, so I don't even use it. The highlight brush is good even though its kind of flimsy and a little too big. I believe Ecotools has good- quality products. None of the bristles from the brushes have fallen out, and I've had it for quite a while (more than 6 months). I use the smudge brush for applying eye shadow under my eyelid as eyeliner and it works great! I would recommend this product. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by laurasteph24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so i bought these and the creasing brush is the worst for me its too big for what its suppose to do you end up getting too much eyeshadow in the wrong places...the highlighter does its job but a bit flimsy and the blending brush doesnt really blend as well but its ok the pencil brush and the flat liner brush are the best ones they do their job right and the bristles are perfect...overall you need to learn to work with them but if you can do that then youre set. not a bad price for all it gives you it was just not for me

i find myself using them in different order such as using the highlighter as a blending brush because its the same dome shape as a real blending brush, i use the blending brush to pack on eyeshadow on the lid because its dense and its big so it does the job rather quick. the crease brush is just there i do not put much use to it but it can also work as a blending brush because its big and fluffy but it really is too big and messy for a crease brush.

they do sell individual eyeshadow brushes that are better. i just bought this because it was a complete set....

but try em out since theyre not expensive ...to each their own!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Great price, very soft bristles, eco-friendly, short handles make it travel-friendly
Cons: some are too big, doesn't pick up colors well

I tested the brushes by using them to apply my super pigmented black eyeshadow, but it barely picked up any pigment! I also tried them again with various colors like hot pink, teal, red, taupe, and green... and I had the same results. I find that my fingers were much better at packing on color to my lids than the brushes. I only use these when applying neutral, barely there makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do appreciative these brushes--super cheap, effective, and functional. They're soft and I like the length of the handles. They're not to short and fit comfortably in my tiny hands. They're also very soft and wash very well and dry quickly. There really is no need to spend an ARM and a leg on costlier brushes. The crease brush, I find, doubles as a brush for contouring my nose quite well. I, too, appreciate the fact that they're a cruelty-free company, I wondrous about the conditions of the factories and the employees. Everyone always seems to be more concerned about not being food to animals while not even thinking twice about how their fellow man is being treated. I don't know anything about ecotools and their philosopher when it comes to treatment of and commitment to their employees, but I'm just saying...something to think about and look into. Food for thought...
With that said, I love these brushes and if ever there is a need to repurchase, I wouldn't think twice about doing so. Can't really say I see that happening anytime in the foreseeable future, though.
(if there are a million typos, j do apologize. I posted this review from my phone.)