Ecotools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's great for what you pay for. Ten dollars for five great brushes!

The littlest brush is perfect for getting eye shadow in the inner corners to highlight the inner corners of the eye or for lining the bottom lashline with eye shadow.

The second smallest brush (the shading brush) is perfect for applying eyeshadow, esp cream eye shadows. I did the entire lid with an eye liner that lasted all day and looked super sexy with my Stila Tiger's Eye pencil (very smooth and creamy eye liner) and this brush. I smudged it out with this shading brush and also used it to line under my eye with this same brush! Super nice look. Can also do this and then pack on a little highlight on the first half of lid.

The middle brush looks like a stubby Mac 217, but the Mac 217 of course is a better brush. The Mac 217 has a sharper angle with the brush, so it's easier to get eye shadow on the first half of the lid. With this brush, it's not as sharp and a tad bigger, so some gets above the lid, which is what I don't want. Overall, harder to control than my 217 definitely, so I probably will not be getting a lot of use out of this brush. I do feel it can perform adequately and you can wipe the excess off the lid if you are in financial straits.

The fourth biggest brush is great (angled crease) for applying highlight to cheeks. Powdered highlighter. It says it's for the crease, but it seems a little too big for that. I'd rather use the middle brush for the crease, if any of these.

The last brush is the big eye brush, and it's the biggest of them all. Nobody's eye is this big, and this brush makes the most sense as a concealer brush. It will be really great esp if you want to try the Kim Kardashian conceal look with light concealer triangles under both eyes. Would work well for covering rosacea, maybe not as good concealing blemishes since it is so big.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has all the eyeshadow brushes I need!!!! They are all such high quality for such a low price. I haven't had any problems with shedding or scratchiness, that often comes with cheaper brushes. EcoTools is becoming a new favorite brand of mine. :)

Love these brushes! They are so fluffy, feel great on my lids, and never lose bristles. I love how great of a job they do blending shadows. The case they come in is nice too!

I love this set! I use this set daily to do my eye makeup. it's so convience and small, I wash them a lot with dish washing soap and they never shred on me. They are very cute yet high quality! I wish they make more brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this 5 brush eye kit because it was one of the top 2 picks of a respected and very well known blogger. I have to admit, I agree with a couple of the commenters about the use of the two huge brushes (blend & crease). Although, maybe it is also because I'm a novice when it comes to make-up. Still learning my way around applying eye make-up and everything else in between. The quality of the brushes are great! Although, I've only compared it to E.L.F., these are definitely so much better. Would definitely recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't think of one bad thing to say about these eye shadow brushes. I know a lot of peoples complaints were that the brushes were just shaped so weirdly and albeit the fact that they are great quality, they couldn't find uses for them. I just did a look using the Naked Basics palette and used all 5 brushes the kit came with. The Large Eye brush is huge, but it's great for packing on lighter colors. The Angled Crease brush sweeps color beautifully on the outer third of your eye. The highlighting brush is actually an amazing crease brush and it blends shadows beautifully. The Smudge Brush is actually a great pencil brush if you want to take a darker color and make a nice defined V on your outer eye and the Petite Eye Shading Brush can pack color into smaller spaces on your eye (I used it to deposite more color into the V that I created with the Smudge Brush and then blended it all out with the Highlighting Brush). They don't shed or fall apart. I love the length of the handles because it gives better control to where your depositing the shadow colors and the price is amazing! This was around $7.98 at walmart. These are the best brushes I've ever used alongside MAC and Real Techniques.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I highly recommend this little set for younger girls and/or novices that are just getting interested in makeup. I love the price, the packaging (I keep the brushes in the included bag, very handy), the smoothness and the length of the bamboo handles, the softness of the brush and the overall quality. I have not noticed any of the hairs/fibers falling out despite washing them many times. However, the shape and size of the bristles are kind of baffling. I have not found uses for two of them. One is laughably and unusably large, and I have large eyes. The labeling of the brushes are kind of bizarre so ignore them. I wish that the actual design of the brushes were more usable, because the quality is excellent and comparable to HE brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Although I love this eye kit, I have to admit I found two of it's brushes useless, and I ended up using most of them for different purposes than the ones written on their handles! I rate it 4/5 lippies because as usual with Ecotools, the brushes do not shed ot lose their shape after years of use, they're soft and dense. They are very high quality!
The biggest brush (labeled for " Blend"-ing) I use sometimes for overall lid coloring (when I use matte eyeshadow the same as my skin color, for example). It's so huge I couldn't find any other purpose for it, so I use it carefully and NOT with unnatural colors. The other bad attempt of an eye brush is the "Crease" brush. It's a hairy angled huge brush that can only work in creases the size of the one that the Corpse Bride has. It's huge! I haven't really used it at all... Can't find a purpose for it. The highlighter brush I use for brightening the area under my eyebrow, but most of the time I just use it to blend eyeshadows, and it does a really good job. Finally, the shading brush and the smudge brush work purposefully, even though I use this last one for coloring my crease sometimes. Hope this helps if you already have this kit! If not, I would recommend finding a set that has shapes that can fit your type of eye shape. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like these brushes. I use them everyday to do my eye makeup. So soft, and small handles so it's easy to apply eyeshadow precisely. Love the blending brush, and the small ones are great for when I want to do a smokey eye and don't want a line too thick under my eye. So cheap as well! But great quality.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I'm giving this 2/5 because 3 of the brushes are usable (but 2 interchangable), while 2 are not usable at all. What I am talking about:
- The two small brushes, the pencil brush and the flat liner brush, work well for smuding eyeshadow close to your lashes or applying highlight in your inner corner. None of them can work as an eyeliner brush though as even the liner brush is not thin and precise enough. And both do exactly the same job - I can't think of something one could do but the other could not - even though they are different shapes.
- The middle-size highlighter brush is fine for applying highlight to your eyebrow bone, but too big for highlight in the inner corner of the eye. What I find it good for though is using it as a crease brush, for blending!
- And the two MASSIVE brushes? The angled crease brush and the blending brush. Well, let's just say unless you have loads of crease space, these are just useless. My eyes are hooded so what was I thinking even buying this in the first place?! I tried finding alternative uses for them, but they're too small for contouring the face, too big for contouring the nose, not great for highlighters...
Ecotools, might be an idea to test these brushes on actual regular size eyes before releasing them into the world. Just sayin'.

Popular Makeup Brushes