Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

on 11/3/2011 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

expected a lot more from this. the hype was that it had good staying powder and pigmentation. but my maybelline gel liner beats bobbi brown's by far. i did a test where i swatched all the gel liners i own on my hand and went to sleep with it. bobbi brown had the worst pigmentation and staying powder. which sucks because people rave about it so much. and i thought the formula was pretty dry too.

on 8/9/2011 3:56:00 PM

I usually wear very dark liners, black, and caviar, deep brown at the least, but wanted to try sepia ink for a change. I love it. I have dark brown eyes, and it just gives them a soft doe-eyed appearance. It's a great daytime soft anywear shade, that still has enough color to define my eyes. It brings out the softer golden hues in my eyes, and I didn't know I really even had any soft golden hues:) Great basic eyeliner.

on 3/10/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is not a bad product, I just couldn't seem to get it to work for me. I bought it mainly to try on my waterline, and it did last pretty long, longer than most pencils. However, when it did smudge, it flaked off onto my contacts in pretty big chunks, and really irritated my eyes. so I will probably not be using it again, since I don't really like the look of gels on my lashline. I do think it's a great color, and seems to not dry out, so if you like gel liners in general and don't wear contacts, this might work for you.

on 1/28/2011 10:04:00 PM

This is an amazing liner in most cases, but it's staying power is about 4 hours before it starts to fade. (Take into consideration that I do have really oily lids). This is perfect for a natural every day look. You can make this as dramatic as you'd like, which is what I love about this product. Thick or thin. I would buy this again.

This is a descent gel liner. Not too impressed with the staying power. It glides onto my lids very easily and I love the color. It's a beautiful everyday eyeliner color! The only con I find is that it is not as long lasting as I would like. I do however, have incredibly oily lids. After about 3-4 hours of wear, there is visible fading. It also gave me slight raccoon eyes, nothing a quick swipe under the eyes wont fix but nevertheless a smudge.

For the price of this product I was expecting something better. I can't say it's a waste of money but I would've liked it more if it was longer staying. I've actually had this product for a little of a year now and it hasn't dried out at all (not even on the sides). So the packaging quality is really good.

Overall a descent gel liner but I probably won't repurchase.

on 12/30/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Love This Color! And I have several gel liners from both Bobbi and Shu. I prefer Shu liners in general, but Bobbi is a lose second and Shu has a limited color range. This is my favorite everyday brown (and I have two). I have been told more than once by people who don't know much about makeup that this shade makes my eyes 'POP' more than usual even when applied the same way as other colors, including other browns. That makes this a keeper!

on 11/21/2010 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this a few months ago and it was so amazing that the next day I went back and bought it in 3 more colors. Lasts all day, stays in place, no racoon eyes, beautiful color. The best eyeliner I have tried and I have tried too many. The only problem was that it dried out too fast. Despite using the product several times per week I ended up with more than half jar of unusable pricey product. Until I read someone who posted that the solution was to add eye make up remover, mix and...like new again. I take one rating number due to this. It is also happening with the blue one I bought. The violet one and the green one have a different consistency, so far they have not dried out.

on 9/2/2010 1:06:00 PM

Perfect brown eyeliner, not muddy, just super flattering. It makes my hazel eyes pop, without being as harsh as a black eyeliner. Black eyeliners tend to make my eyes look smaller. lasts all day long. I often go swimming, it did pass the test successfully.
my HG eyeliner. period.

on 7/24/2010 11:33:00 PM

This is a perfect color for an everyday look. I can use it to fill my brows also. I have hazel eyes, so if I use a black eyeliner for everyday could make my look a little heavy. So this shade is perfect to make my eyes stand out, without looking like a clown during the day (well sometimes
I do a blackest black look at 10:00 am lol). The only bad thing about this: dries out very soon, so I add a little makeup remover, (special for eye area) like just one drop and blen very well. It works for me.
**UPDATE:
A S.A. told me that it dries out quickly if you dip the brush and make a "hole" in the product, so the air in that screw the eye liner. So you have to be VERY CAREFULY and try to "spread" the product in a way that you never make a hole. Sorry for my poor explnation, hope it helps.

on 6/19/2010 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I haven't been much of a fan of brown eyeliner but this color is perfect for everyday. It still defines my eyes but isn't as dramatic as black eyeliner so I can use it everyday for work. Leave the black eyeliner for the weekend!