July 31, 2014 | 1303 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is not a bad product, I just couldn't seem to get it to work for me. I bought it mainly to try on my waterline, and it did last pretty long, longer than most pencils. However, when it did smudge, it flaked off onto my contacts in pretty big chunks, and really irritated my eyes. so I will probably not be using it again, since I don't really like the look of gels on my lashline. I do think it's a great color, and seems to not dry out, so if you like gel liners in general and don't wear contacts, this might work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing liner in most cases, but it's staying power is about 4 hours before it starts to fade. (Take into consideration that I do have really oily lids). This is perfect for a natural every day look. You can make this as dramatic as you'd like, which is what I love about this product. Thick or thin. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

This is a descent gel liner. Not too impressed with the staying power. It glides onto my lids very easily and I love the color. It's a beautiful everyday eyeliner color! The only con I find is that it is not as long lasting as I would like. I do however, have incredibly oily lids. After about 3-4 hours of wear, there is visible fading. It also gave me slight raccoon eyes, nothing a quick swipe under the eyes wont fix but nevertheless a smudge.

For the price of this product I was expecting something better. I can't say it's a waste of money but I would've liked it more if it was longer staying. I've actually had this product for a little of a year now and it hasn't dried out at all (not even on the sides). So the packaging quality is really good.

Overall a descent gel liner but I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Love This Color! And I have several gel liners from both Bobbi and Shu. I prefer Shu liners in general, but Bobbi is a lose second and Shu has a limited color range. This is my favorite everyday brown (and I have two). I have been told more than once by people who don't know much about makeup that this shade makes my eyes 'POP' more than usual even when applied the same way as other colors, including other browns. That makes this a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few months ago and it was so amazing that the next day I went back and bought it in 3 more colors. Lasts all day, stays in place, no racoon eyes, beautiful color. The best eyeliner I have tried and I have tried too many. The only problem was that it dried out too fast. Despite using the product several times per week I ended up with more than half jar of unusable pricey product. Until I read someone who posted that the solution was to add eye make up remover, mix and...like new again. I take one rating number due to this. It is also happening with the blue one I bought. The violet one and the green one have a different consistency, so far they have not dried out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by MadHattress

Perfect brown eyeliner, not muddy, just super flattering. It makes my hazel eyes pop, without being as harsh as a black eyeliner. Black eyeliners tend to make my eyes look smaller. lasts all day long. I often go swimming, it did pass the test successfully.
my HG eyeliner. period.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect color for an everyday look. I can use it to fill my brows also. I have hazel eyes, so if I use a black eyeliner for everyday could make my look a little heavy. So this shade is perfect to make my eyes stand out, without looking like a clown during the day (well sometimes
I do a blackest black look at 10:00 am lol). The only bad thing about this: dries out very soon, so I add a little makeup remover, (special for eye area) like just one drop and blen very well. It works for me.
**UPDATE:
A S.A. told me that it dries out quickly if you dip the brush and make a "hole" in the product, so the air in that screw the eye liner. So you have to be VERY CAREFULY and try to "spread" the product in a way that you never make a hole. Sorry for my poor explnation, hope it helps.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MandyDee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't been much of a fan of brown eyeliner but this color is perfect for everyday. It still defines my eyes but isn't as dramatic as black eyeliner so I can use it everyday for work. Leave the black eyeliner for the weekend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the very few items that I have used consistently over the past 5 years. I like how the ink liners apply. To me, they are much better then pencil liners or eye shadows as liner. This gel ink liner is so easy to use, it applies well, it can be blended. Its perfect. Sepia is a basic brown. Everyone needs a basic brown color. No shimmer in this, its plain matte brown. I like brown liners personally, they are not as harsh as black can be. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Xee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say, best liner ever!!!

Can create thick/thin liner just by simply changing brush, this is my 5th one!! However, dries out quickly if left unused.