July 25, 2014 | 1114 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Precious Cells

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MASCARA!!

-it was so worth the $38.00 for me (CDN $$ +TAX)
-the formula lengthens, defines and volumizes my SHORT ASIAN LASHES!!!! <3
-didn't flake
-smells nice
-packaging is sleek
-NO clumping :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lavinder11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The original definicils used to be a favorite of mine. When my financial situation worsened, I switched to Glam Eyes by Rimmel.

I didn't know until reading the reviews here that this was supposed to aid in retaining lashes. So I was using it as a regular mascara. As that, it's great. It separates my lashes, make them look fuller and as a bonus, it lengthens the lashes on my left eye.

I'm not one for drama, but this mascara makes my lashes look beautiful. Using this has inspired me to use mascara everyday. I will say that $30 is a bit much, but when the only makeup one wears is mascara and eyeliner, then it isn't a deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara as a gift. I'm not one to spend $30 on something I will have to throw out in a couple months. But it is great for separating lashes and adding length- if that is the look you're going for. I prefer more volume, so this isn't my ideal mascara. I would recommend pairing it with a volumizer. It gives a bit of a spider effect which is not something I like at all. This is good enough to have in your collection if you're a mascara person but I'm not in love with it. I'd buy it again if it weren't for the pricetag.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

3.5. It does define really well and doesn't clump but gives no length or volume at all, which i like. It's a VERY natural look, so go for it if that's your look but I prefer dramatic lashes. Still on the look though....Hypnose is wayyyyyy too clumpy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

Okay, so normally I tend to dislike "high end" mascaras for two reasons; first is the price and second, I've found many of them are all hype no game. But, when it comes to Lancome you really cannot go wrong. There's a reason they are one of the top selling mascara manufacturers in the world. This stuff is awesome, Great for everyday use. The only thing it lacks is curl power. This mascara does not hold a curl well if at all. Hence the 4/5 rating. Other than that it looks great, doesn't flake or harden up and I am noticing less lash loss, but no new growth. I will repurchase, even though this is expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jeanay

Loves how it lengthens and makes eyelashes look really dramatic. However, it is clumpy and gives the spidery-lash look. It takes way too long to apply this mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by JeneenL

I was a long time user of Definicils and then stopped for whatever reason. I was a kick of trying to find the perfect drug store masacara which got me no where so I thought I should go back to Definicils. I got this at the commissary and accidentally bought the precious cells. When I read the back I thought it sounded really good. When I put it on, I realized this isn't my old fav. It clumps, no defining of my lases, no lengthening, nothing! This was a waste of money. I will go back on my hunt for mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it makes my lashes better, I have long dark lashes to start with. It's fairly easy to take off and it doesn't smudge during the day. No flakiness, which is nice for contact lens wearers. It's not jet black, but still pretty dark. I am not giving it a five because it does give me a bit of "spider" eye. I don't notice clumps, but it just doesn't go on as smoothly and evenly as even the cheaper Lash Blast. I do love the long wand, it makes application so much easiser to control. I don't know that I would buy it again, but it was only 20 bucks at Costco. I wouldn't pay more than that for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have gone through one tube of this mascara, so I figured a review was in order:

What it claims:
"The most beautiful eyes have a secret. Experience the first caring mascara from Lancôme that visibly regenerates the condition of lashes* Reveal beautifully defined, fuller, stronger lashes. Its secret is the Lash Densifier Complex, with a precious plant cell extract, which helps regenerate lash condition, so they’re stronger, denser and less likely to fall-out during makeup removal."

How does it measure up?
I can't say I've noticed more strength or density with my lashes, but I did notice that they fell out a lot less when I took of my eye makeup, as opposed to LÓreal Voluminous. It lasted all day on me, and lengthened and defined my lashes well. I really enjoyed this mascara and have already repurchased!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, a very nice mascara. It's buildable, so I can get as much volume as I want, not as much length, but still pretty good. However, seeing as it's thirty dollars, and it's almost identical to L'Oreal's Bare Naturale, and Maybelline's Full n Soft, I would save your money for some other makeup item. I love the look, and that it conditions lashes, but you can get the same thing for a lot less.