Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

3.6

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/ Exadecane Copolymer, Ozokerite, Candelilla Cera, Silica, Kaolin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 12/13/2012 3:39:00 PM

This eyeliner is not the best gel liner I've ever had. I like it, but it's just not waterproof at all. I got this in a Tarte set at Ulta (and got charged an extra $13- kinda pissed off about that, so I set the bar really high so this set will be worth the extra $13) with some other Emphaseyes stuff. The thing is with this eyeliner, it's extremely pigmented and extremely smooth- a little too smooth to control. Not like runny smooth, but...it basically picks up like butter and once you put it on it absolutely screams "BLACK!!". In a way, that is good because who doesn't love pigmentation, but it is really hard to control and make thin strokes with because it practically melts. If you're one who likes subtle eyeliner looks, you may wanna stay away from this product! The staying power is really good (not in water, though- I do synchronized swimming, and this stuff comes off in 30 seconds), but the thing is, when you try to take it off it smudges all over your face- and stays there. Basically it looks like you got a black eye. That is extremely frustrating! Also, the liner itself does not come with much product. It is a tiny dime-sized disk that sells for around $20. Talk about a rip off. Overall, I would not get this again- it's usable and looks great, just hard to control.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I bought this product in a sampler pack to try more natural products, I wasn't expecting the same as Urban Decay products or anything but at the same time, I found this eyeliner to be a let down. The product does produce a nice buildable line like a liquid, but it's easier to work with than many liquids. It makes a cat eye super simple to pull off and is also nice for tightlining. The pot is heavy and fits nicely into the hands as well. Unlike some other cream eyeliners I've used in the past, the product doesn't seem to be temperature sensitive as Ive not had any problems using this product in the middle of winter when my bathroom is cold or during the summer. However, this product doesn't stay on my eyes well. It seems to wear off after three or four hours. In the summer this wear time decreased even more. I don't mind reapplying lipstick midday but I don't want to have to mess with eyeliner! The only way I could get it to wear longer is to really cake it on and make a more bold line - which then the product didn't seem to 'set" on my skin and was smudge-able for the entire evening.

on 12/2/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in the bronze color it came in a kit I bought and I just recently bought the blue one I haven't tried it yet so I can't say anything about it but I do love the bronze. Its soft seems to last all day on me its pigmented and is a great alternative to black and best of all its 100% organic so there's no bad stuff in it so it's healthy for your skin. I definitely feel I'll be rebuying this even with the high price tag. Its originally $22, there's a LE kit that's $25 comes with the bronze liner brush mascara and a lip chubby stick.

on 11/8/2012 5:06:00 PM

I bought this in the sparkly black color, which I love. It goes on nicely, too. The only thing is that it doesn't have the staying power of Urban Decay 24/7 or MUFE Aqua Eyes. But since it seems healthier for my skin and is animal-friendly, I'll probably repurchase in the future.

on 11/7/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Got the bronze color in a kit and its gorgeous! not too shimmery or dark - perfect to go with a brighter lip color.

The texture is amazing (glides on without pulling the eyelid) and the brush works well. It does fade a bit after wearing it all day and im pretty sure its not waterproof but atleast it doesnt stray all over the face!

on 10/27/2012 3:13:00 PM

I'm somewhat torn about this product. I can only compare this to MAC's fluidline and Wet N Wild's eyeliner. I cannot wear any eyeliner without a primer underneath because I have super ridiculously oily eyelids, so I can't really judge based on wear alone.
What I liked about this product: it was REALLY PIGMENTED! Like super dark, much darker than Fluidline and Wet N Wild. It goes on pretty easily and it lasted me a long time, and it did not transfer or wear off with a primer underneath.
What I was indifferent about: the price, it's more expensive than Fluidline. The texture is not as smooth as Fluidline either, but it's comparable to Wet n Wild.
Overall, I would purchase this product again, only because of the pigmentation.

on 9/27/2012 12:25:00 PM

I was so very disappointed in this! I love the Tarte blushes and assumed this would be just as good. Boy was I wrong. It did come with a brush that is ok and I still use but I have completely given up on the eyeliner. This is in no way waterproof and comes off very easily. It fades after only a short wear time and smears and moves around very easily. It's horrible for lining the waterlines as it comes off within about 10 after using it. for the price you would expect better quality makeup that would last. I will not repurchase this whatsoever. I will be sticking with Makeup Geek over the Tarte any and everyday!

on 9/20/2012 11:37:00 AM

I received this on a kit from Ulta, I always wanted to try the black one but instead I got a green one. I was fine with it sence I only own black liners.. but girl, that shipoopy isn't water proof nor very pigmented.. I've never been dissapointed by tarte... and reading all the reviews on the black one I will not purchase it again..

on 8/2/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I usually use MAC fluidline, but I was out and on my way out of town and Sephora was closer than the mall. The rep said this gel liner was comparable and with the inclusion of the brush I went for it. It's nothing to write home about. Doesn't stay on nearly as well as fluidline- smudges within hours-by the end of the day my eyes are for the most part unlined. If you have less oily lids then this product could work great for you- but for the price and performance I will stick with the tried and true fluidline.

on 7/31/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this product. I just recently started trying cream eyeliners. I huge problem for me is that most of them are, or are claiming to be "water proof". I personally do not want anything that is water proof. Whatever chemical they add to make something waterproof always, always irritates me eyes. Water proof mascaras have made my eye lashes completely fall out and it has taken years to grow them back.

However, I rather liked the clay foundation by Tarte, which also claims it is waterproof though it has nothing in it that irritates my skin or eyes. So I thought I would try the eyeliner. Love the consistency. I dip my brush in the product and smooth in it on the brush using either the lid or my palette. I find it easy to apply and to get the results I wanted. I set it with a little bit of powder just to be sure. I didn't have problems with smudging or flaking even in the North Carolina humidity.
I did however find it difficult to remove. I do an oil cleansing method of removing my makeup which has never failed me, but this was stubborn. I got off as much as I could without scraping off my eye lids, and still some stayed around my lash line. Fine. Well the next day I washed my face in the morning (the way I normally do), and it was still in my lash line. Fine. However, the deal breaker for me was that it burned my eyes. The first application was fine, and wearing it all night was fine. But all of the next day my eyes burned. Nothing was in my eyes. I had used no other new products, and this was the only thing that was different and still in my lash line causing the burning.
Finally, during my shower, I was able to remove the rest of this liner. Thankfully I lost no eyelashes. For whatever reason, whatever chemical they used, burned my eyes all day. I don't know what it is about water proof... but I wish more things were made without it.

I really liked the rich black color, and how easy it was to apply for me using an angled brush. But the burning will keep me from buying it again. /sigh