October 25, 2014 | 825 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by vmotis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree that this lip stain is at first difficult to apply and can appear uneven on the lips - but I think that's because it's necessary to apply a stain differently than how you apply lipstick. For instance, if you go over a spot you've already covered, it will stain darker than a spot that you haven't covered - while a lipstick's color won't really change, the stain's color will. Overall - I love this lip stain and I prefer it to lip stains I've tried in the past! It's simple to apply, it doesn't dry out my lips, it doesn't 'flake' off as the hours pass, it wears off evenly, it doesn't look heavy and in fact looks pretty sheer, and it's easy to reapply.

A few things I think I should mention: The colors are not very true to the packaging and look better on your lips than on the tube. The color doesn't show up on your lips right away. When it does start to appear (within seconds), it shows up as very dark. This will fade quickly (maybe in 10 - 15 minutes) into a truer representation of the color. Even as the balm fades off throughout the day, the color will still faintly stain your lips after a meal or after a few hours.

Also! These colors are great to mix with the Revlon balmstain (the crayon shaped lip colors). I like to use either Instinct or Victorian in the lipstain, then put Charm in the balmstain over it before applying the lipstain's clear balm to seal it in. Creates a light, berry hue which is great for spring. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by LenaCF

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 'Gothic' and it really is the perfect dark red colour - I've never seen another one like it. However, the tip dries up quite quickly, and when I removed the balm lid, the whole end came off! Because the colour was so amazing and long lasting (seriously, you can do ANYTHING and it stays on) I repurchased it, thinking it was a fluke, but the same thing happened again. It's a shame the packaging is such bad quality, because the actual stain is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Besame

I'm a long time fan of lip stains! I hate the waxy look of lipsticks and I don't like the thick goopy look of lip glosses. I have two of these lipstains in Crave, a rich berry and Gothic, a deep red, both colors are long lasting but do require a few coats. I have had both stains for over 3+ mons and use them often with juice left for more applications.

My biggest complaint on this product is the packaging, it's double ended with the stain on one end and the balm on the opposite end. The balm end is terrible! It's a solid stick of balm that protrudes without any support. So when you try to apply it, the balm will break off so I try keeping the balm in the cap. It becomes a nuisance and it's difficult to apply when the balm is stuck inside the cap. I will buy this product again for the value for the stain itself. The balm should be shaped different so it isn't so flimsy or have a twist so the amount of balm can be controlled.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by haytuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in Midnight, a very rich, dark berry colour. When I first tried it on, I applied the lip-balm before using the stain, but then I noticed that the colour wasn't appearing on my lips, not even a little bit. So, I tried using the stain without applying the balm, and the same thing happened, only this time, the colour appeared only in a line, almost in my mouth, where my lips were dryer. This stain required multiple coats to get even the slightest colour payoff, but even then, the colour looked uneven and patchy on my lips. I found it really hard to use the product because of how many coats you'd need and the fact that it's nearly impossible to get an even coat on your lips. This stain works better as a marker than as a lip product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Lamberoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipstain in "Midnight" which is a deep burgundy color. I love it. I found that it went on evenly and lasted for hours. I touched it up after I ate lunch, but it still remained on my lips. I think it's a gorgeous richly pigmented color and it didn't dry out my lips due to the included balm. I got it on sale for $4.99 at Rite Aid. I wore it to work today and was so happy with it that I went to Rite Aid and bought another shade. I can't wait to try it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

I bought 2 of these about a year or two ago. The shades that I have, Forbidden and Twilight, although very pretty, just go on very patchy and uneven most times. It's hard to build them up and they tend to just gather in random places and form little balls of product, so that 80% of the times that I try to use these, I simply have to take them off straight away, My lips aren't even that dry and chappy, so I really don't understand. It's like your lips have to be completely dry and soft for this product to work, and not even then is that guaranteed. When they do work, the results is beautiful and lasts, but I wish that happened more often than 20% of the times.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

I bought this in the dark red ( i forget the shade name)
and I was impressed by how long it lasted. Experienced almost zero transfer. It is kind if expensive for a drugstore product. I bought it for $8.99 at walmart.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Violetgreenblue

Skip this product and buy Revlon's Just Bitten balm stain instead. I bought "Frenzy" twice thinking that my first purchase was perhaps a faulty version because the balm broke in half after a few uses.

After a few uses the lip stain doesn't glide on as easily and it becomes difficult to fill the lip area, and also it's somewhat uncomfortable -- like I'm rubbing my lips too hard to get the colour on fully. The colour also wears off in a really patchy way. It's a shame because the same colours aren't offered in other Revlon lines, but I've found close matches.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Dawn and it is a nice stain. I also like the balm to prep my lips for other lipsticks. I just dont like the packaging the balm breaks easily. This color can be built from a sheer auburn color to a dark red brown lip color. I slept in it a couple of times it really stains my lips. Im not sure if Ill repurchase more. But overall I think the product is really nice. Especially for those looking for longlasting lipstains.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by niklovesyou

I bought this in a red color (don't remember the actual name. Twilight, maybe?) and it is GREAT! The color is very much like red kool-aid, and it stays on pretty well for me! It stays longer than glosses anyways, and I love the intense look it gives. I'll definitely repurchase. :)