October 23, 2014 | 1131 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've suffered from undereye circles since I became a teen, even though I drink and eat all the right things and get enough sleep. I guess I'm just prone to them. Concealer is the one thing I always wear - I will not go out of the house without it on. I love my concealer (ZA concealer perfection), but if I layer it it tends to crease and look a little caky. That's why I bought this corrector. And oh my, it is amazing. It really neutralizes the purple/red under my eyes, and provides an amazing base for my concealer. I've hardly noticed any creasing, and it stays on well. If I completely conceal the darkness with the corrector it comes off a bit too yellow, so I just neutralize with it, and then apply concealer over the top.
    It's a very creamy consistency, and slides onto the skin without pulling or tugging. I prefer using my finger instead of a brush, as it melts it into the skin better.
    I've used it to conceal redness around my nose and on my chin, and it covers it beautifully, but I've stopped doing that as I think it was causing me to break out. But under the eyes that's not a problem at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by underage

I love this corrector! The consistency is thin but it covers very well. It does not settle into fine lines and does a great job concealing dark purple circles. I will repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by pinkudoku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me, having very dry skin, found that the quality of this product change over time....

Summer: My skin is a little oily, and this concealer glides on like butter onto dry skin, not making anything flaky or caked on looking,

Winter: As always, people with dry skin get even drier skin in the Winter, And this is most likely one of the worst concealers people who suffer from dry flaky skin in the winter....It looks caked on, If applied in a rubbing motion rather than a fast patting motion, it lifts up flakes of the skin no matter how much you exfoliated and moisturized prior to application.....

BUT: this also might have to do with the consistency of my product, Im not sure, because i dont have a New one, to compare to the one I already have, But im most definitly sure that this concealer dryed a bit, and is now a tackey consistency...

Application: This is a good concealer to apply with a brush...It appears extremely streaky and cakes to the bristles of the brush..applying it with fingers adds heat and melts it down, giving a smooth applicaton,

as for applying it to a friend or customer, Use a cosmetic sponge, And dont WET the cosmetic sponge, the water and the oil in the product, do not mix! and make it feel like your wearing a film on ur skin....I would suggest taking a bit out, and mixing it with either a small bit of moisturizer, or mixing medium, and REALLY mixing it well.

packaging: Its great for the first couple of weeks of usage...But once it starts to get a Dip in the middle, it gets extremely difficult to handle the product, especially if you have nails...

As for makeup artist use: Its really unsanitary....You will need a pallete and mixing spatula to handle this product.

Hope this helped! ~ Pinkudoku

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is seriously amazing, for the longest time I've loved the Garnier anti dark circle roll on to cover my dark circles, but on a whim I bought this thinking that it was actually a regular concealer! I am Asian with fair-med. yellow undertones and this is probably the perfect concealer for me both for under the eyes and on my face. It instantly brightens my skin and my eyes and it lasts so long--something that I never got from the Garnier roll on. After just a few days, it has proved to be an HG concealer! You get a ton of product, twice as much as the MAC Studio Finish ones, and I find that the consistency is the same, probably this is thicker, lasts longer, and doesn't crease. Speaking of creasing, I tend to use concealer to neutralize my eyes as well before primer and with hooded eyes, I tend to use eyelid primer together with a concealer, but with this particular one, I don't even need one! Also, despite being so long wearing, it's not hard to blend and it's also so light on! I'm seriously in love, love, love with this baby! I don't wear foundation any more because I only need this and translucent powder and that's my foundation routine. I'll probably buy a second pot of this because I just love it so much, even though I doubt I'll be needing to replace my current one because you get so much. Highly recommend you guys get this, it's sooo worth every penny.

TIP: I use a fluffy blending brush when applying it to avoid looking too cakey and to give an air brushed finish. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I also love this product! It really does a good job at concealing my under eye shadows. I've had it for about 2 years and it still hasn't dried out. It's truly creamy, very blendable, and you can build up the coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by dmoravek

Love this product. This is by far the best remedy for dark circles. I suffer from seasonal allergies and work crazy hours on top of it and my eyes still look great. If I experience some dryness, I just mix a dab of Clinique concealer along with this and it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Likes:
    - inexpensive
    - texture is light, blendable
    - neutralizes dark eye circles (used best under regular concealer)

Dislikes/ suggestions:
    - colour could be more salmon-like, less pale for a better brightening effect
    - Marcelle makes a good brightening concealer in their 4 colour palette though only 1 is good for brightening @ $13 CDN.

* As reference, I have south-eastern Asian skin that is combination.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by KarenMixa

Actually has a nice texture and consistency. I agree with other reviewers that it would not last all day, but the awesome thing is, it can be used as an eyeshadow base. The corrector is to dark and yellow for my fair skin--hoping it would neutalize my blueish circles, but too dark yellow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have gone through my honeymoon phase with this product. It is a great corrector if it matches your skin tone (NC15-20). It is very opaque and does cover undereye issues and/or spot blemishes. It does not have the best staying power and has creased on me if I apply too much, which is easy to do. It is expensive for a drug store product, but it is a great multitasking concealer and correcter if it works for your skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is great stuff, especially for my dry skin. Doesn't settle into fine lines, blends like a dream, and makes me look awake! I set it with powder to make it stay longer because it does tend to fade as the day goes on, but that's my only complaint. The fact that I can do that without major cakeface is a huge plus. Also, like the poster below mentions, it creates a really nice smooth base under eyeshadow. I use this stuff on the days when my MAC moisturecover just doesn't cut it - it's the perfect exam week concealer ;) and cheap, too! Comes in a super giant pot.