Cover Girl Simply Ageless Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl Simply Ageless Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylparaben, Dimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Panthenol, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Methicone, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, May Contain: Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this corrector! The consistency is thin but it covers very well. It does not settle into fine lines and does a great job concealing dark purple circles. I will repurchase if I ever run out!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Me, having very dry skin, found that the quality of this product change over time....

Summer: My skin is a little oily, and this concealer glides on like butter onto dry skin, not making anything flaky or caked on looking,

Winter: As always, people with dry skin get even drier skin in the Winter, And this is most likely one of the worst concealers people who suffer from dry flaky skin in the winter....It looks caked on, If applied in a rubbing motion rather than a fast patting motion, it lifts up flakes of the skin no matter how much you exfoliated and moisturized prior to application.....

BUT: this also might have to do with the consistency of my product, Im not sure, because i dont have a New one, to compare to the one I already have, But im most definitly sure that this concealer dryed a bit, and is now a tackey consistency...

Application: This is a good concealer to apply with a brush...It appears extremely streaky and cakes to the bristles of the brush..applying it with fingers adds heat and melts it down, giving a smooth applicaton,

as for applying it to a friend or customer, Use a cosmetic sponge, And dont WET the cosmetic sponge, the water and the oil in the product, do not mix! and make it feel like your wearing a film on ur skin....I would suggest taking a bit out, and mixing it with either a small bit of moisturizer, or mixing medium, and REALLY mixing it well.

packaging: Its great for the first couple of weeks of usage...But once it starts to get a Dip in the middle, it gets extremely difficult to handle the product, especially if you have nails...

As for makeup artist use: Its really unsanitary....You will need a pallete and mixing spatula to handle this product.

Hope this helped! ~ Pinkudoku

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This product is seriously amazing, for the longest time I've loved the Garnier anti dark circle roll on to cover my dark circles, but on a whim I bought this thinking that it was actually a regular concealer! I am Asian with fair-med. yellow undertones and this is probably the perfect concealer for me both for under the eyes and on my face. It instantly brightens my skin and my eyes and it lasts so long--something that I never got from the Garnier roll on. After just a few days, it has proved to be an HG concealer! You get a ton of product, twice as much as the MAC Studio Finish ones, and I find that the consistency is the same, probably this is thicker, lasts longer, and doesn't crease. Speaking of creasing, I tend to use concealer to neutralize my eyes as well before primer and with hooded eyes, I tend to use eyelid primer together with a concealer, but with this particular one, I don't even need one! Also, despite being so long wearing, it's not hard to blend and it's also so light on! I'm seriously in love, love, love with this baby! I don't wear foundation any more because I only need this and translucent powder and that's my foundation routine. I'll probably buy a second pot of this because I just love it so much, even though I doubt I'll be needing to replace my current one because you get so much. Highly recommend you guys get this, it's sooo worth every penny.

TIP: I use a fluffy blending brush when applying it to avoid looking too cakey and to give an air brushed finish. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I also love this product! It really does a good job at concealing my under eye shadows. I've had it for about 2 years and it still hasn't dried out. It's truly creamy, very blendable, and you can build up the coverage.

Love this product. This is by far the best remedy for dark circles. I suffer from seasonal allergies and work crazy hours on top of it and my eyes still look great. If I experience some dryness, I just mix a dab of Clinique concealer along with this and it's perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Likes:
- inexpensive
- texture is light, blendable
- neutralizes dark eye circles (used best under regular concealer)

Dislikes/ suggestions:
- colour could be more salmon-like, less pale for a better brightening effect
- Marcelle makes a good brightening concealer in their 4 colour palette though only 1 is good for brightening @ $13 CDN.

* As reference, I have south-eastern Asian skin that is combination.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Actually has a nice texture and consistency. I agree with other reviewers that it would not last all day, but the awesome thing is, it can be used as an eyeshadow base. The corrector is to dark and yellow for my fair skin--hoping it would neutalize my blueish circles, but too dark yellow.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have gone through my honeymoon phase with this product. It is a great corrector if it matches your skin tone (NC15-20). It is very opaque and does cover undereye issues and/or spot blemishes. It does not have the best staying power and has creased on me if I apply too much, which is easy to do. It is expensive for a drug store product, but it is a great multitasking concealer and correcter if it works for your skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is great stuff, especially for my dry skin. Doesn't settle into fine lines, blends like a dream, and makes me look awake! I set it with powder to make it stay longer because it does tend to fade as the day goes on, but that's my only complaint. The fact that I can do that without major cakeface is a huge plus. Also, like the poster below mentions, it creates a really nice smooth base under eyeshadow. I use this stuff on the days when my MAC moisturecover just doesn't cut it - it's the perfect exam week concealer ;) and cheap, too! Comes in a super giant pot.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this on my quest to find some product that would actually cancel out my genetic dark under eye circles. At first I balked at the price, about $9 for a drugstore product, but then I went for it. I'm quite glad that I did. While it doesn't completely cover my under eye circles, I have yet to find a product that does (and I've tried every drugstore concealer/corrector known to man, as well as Bobbi Brown corrector--I have a review for that as well...) At first I thought the pot that this came in was tiny, and then I purchased the Bobbi Brown corrector and realized that the Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless Corrector pot was actually HUGE! And the $9 I paid for it, versus the $25 I paid for the teeny tiny pot of Bobbi Brown was well worth it. This product does significantly lighten and brighten the dark circles, even though it doesn't completely hide them, but nothing does. It also doubles as an excellent eyeshadow base, so I can knock out 2 steps at once. I just put this product from my eyebrows down to just past the dark circles. It hides any eyelid redness or discoloration wonderfully. It can also be used around the nose or anywhere else you may be prone to discoloration/redness. The texture is creamy without being greasy or heavy (unlike the BB corrector, which is both,) and it blends wonderfully and without tugging (again, unlike the BB corrector.) I also had no issues with slipping or creasing- it stayed put all day, which impressed me. I would definitely be willing to try some of the other products in this line, especially the blush, now that winter is coming and creamy blushes won't melt off in the hot South Carolina weather. Overall I'd recommend this product and I'd certainly buy it again, as well as try out the rest of the line.

Popular Primer/ Correctors