Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Face Primer

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate Glyceryl Stearate, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Alcohol, Glycerin, Phenoxethanol, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Glycophingolipids, Hordeum Vulfare Extract, Tocopherol, Spilanthes Acmella FLower Extract, Sodium Hyaularonate, Sodium Phytate, Silica Dimethyl Siliyate, Glyceryl Oleate, Quercetin Caprylate, Quercus Robur Bark Extrack, Citral, Linalool.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I'm new to primers. I started using them a few months ago and so far, I've tried monistat anti-chafing gel, E.L.F. primer, a clear primer by Smashbox, and Makeup Forever's HD primer. I liked them all well enough, but I noticed that my pores were full of gunk at the end of the day no matter what cleanser I used. I began reading up on primers and realized that silicone was probably to blame. As luck would have it, I recently received a sample of this Korres primer at Sephora. I love it. It's light--it feels like a lotion on the fingers and on the face, but it dries to give a look and feel similar to a conventional silicone based primer. I prefer this because it feels and looks natural on the skin. Other primers mattified my face to such an extent that I looked ashy and dull priorto makeup application. This product provides the smooth canvas and silky slip of a conventional primer, but it looks and feels more natural on the skin--it truly feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. This is not a spackle. I still see lines and pores, but they are certainly softened. The draw here is the comfort and the longevity it lends to my makeup application. If you want longer makeup wear sans clogged pores, you should consider this.

on 9/9/2012 5:34:00 PM

Love this! Have been using it under Makeup Forever foundation or Garnier BB cream for about a month, have definitely noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. Smooths out imperfections, makeup holds beautifully. Plus, feels great when applied and smells yummy! Get this stuff!!!!

on 5/24/2012 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Expensive as all get out, unfortunately. But, I still spring for it! Get a free sample at Sephora to see if it is worth it for you before you spend $$ (even with forgiving return policies, it is just a waste not to sample it first) This is PERFECT for dry skin. It is highly moisturizing cream, that is extremely light and borderline liquid. It feels like a light moisturizer, and you need a bit of time for it to absorb before applying makeup over it (use your judgement based on amount of application). It does improve appearance, texture, and longevity of my makeup; it helps to keep my liquid foundation from settling. I don't think this will do much for oil control. I am a young adult, that looks even younger, so I can't attest to anti-aging effects. However, products that promote a healthy, youthful complexion are helpful to prevent problems before they get a chance to develop.
If you are looking for a product to fill in your pores with a thick silicone layer, don't give bad reviews for products like this that aren't meant to do that...This will not fill in pores. However, it makes my pores and skin in general look much better, even without makeup on top. Since my skin changed from oily to dry, my needs changed. While Monostat's anti-chafing gel was great for oil control, after trying a silicone free primer, even with oiliness returning I couldn't go back to the mask-like feeling. I've accepted that I have pores and that it's ok to look like you have skin under all the paint.

on 5/9/2012 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying that I am not a primer person. I don't like the extra step in my routine, and I've never found a primer that's really worth the extra time under my primary foundation, Revlon Colorstay, which performs excellent for me on its own. (With the exception of UD Pore Perfection. But even that, I only use around my nose, and I don't use it daily.) But, I got a sample of this Korres stuff from my mom, so I figured I had nothing to lose. It smells fantastic, light and citrusy. It feels nice and cool going on, more like a lotion. But that's really all the positive stuff I can say about this. It did nothing to improve the looks of fine lines or pores, and did even less in terms of making my foundation last longer. It's just too much for my oily face. Maybe someone with normal to dry skin would have better luck with it. It's just not for me.

on 2/12/2012 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is okay, it doesn't do a lot for me, but maybe it is because I am not used to using primer. I think it is a little much under my BB cream, like an unnecessary step. I think it is a decent primer if you really need one, but not necessarily a must have.

on 2/6/2012 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a big samples of this from Sephora, which actually lasted about a month with almost daily use. I use it in the winter with my mineral makeup. It makes my skin feels pretty smooth and non-greasy. It does not feel heavy on the face at all, not like some other brands. However, it doesn't do much about oil control on my oily skin. Though I do understand, when using mineral makeup, i really cant expect much oil control anyway. With this on, my face start to get oily within about 3 hours, which i think is acceptable. But of course, i do wish i dont have to blot that early :P One down side, it does not help with my easy to get red olive skin. So overall, i probably won't repurchase since it didnt do enough to impress me yet

on 2/1/2012 10:09:00 AM

Really impressed with this primer. Great for Fall/Winter as it's a bit too moisturizing for me to use in the warmer months.

very moisturizing without being greasy. Makes my foundation last all day without caking or sliding off. I can tell that it fills in my fine lines and wrinkles, making my foundation look smooth and natural. has not made me break out at all!

Smells pleasant and has a smooth texture. I've tried many DS and HE primers and this is my favorite HE one so far.

on 1/25/2012 10:37:00 AM

I have to point out that I want to review the EYE PRIMER. Not reviews exist for this product and I can not register it yet since I haven't reviewed 20 products yet....
I suffer from eyelid eczema and tend to react to alot of eye product. This works wonders for me.
Goes on smoothly, helps keep eye shadow in place all day long and most importantly, I do not have any reaction to this product.
So, if you have the same problem I have, give this product a chance. Also, it is anti-aging wich is a plus in my book !
It is a bit more expensive then UDPP or Too Faced shadow insurance but it is anti-aging. Packaging is always a problem with eye primers and this one is a "stick" that you plunge in the tube. So you do loose product in the end.

Thank you Korres and keep making this great EYELID primer !

on 1/25/2012 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I tried several primers before I chose this one. I purchased it with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser in mind and I found it a match made in heaven. It's good to my skin and facilitates application of foundation really well. Feels great on and my skin likes it a lot. I found this product creates a flattering effect.

on 1/4/2012 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been wearing this under my Teint Miracle for 2 months now and have gotten compliments on my skin ever since. It's a light primer and the smell is lightly citrus. The texture is smooth, almost like spreading velvet over my skin. It keeps the oil away and my foundation not only goes on smoother but stays in place. DEFINITELY my HG primer.