Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, C12-14 Pareth-12, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caffeine, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triolein, Lecithin, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Avocado Oil, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Isostearyl Lactate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Sorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019).

on 3/12/2012 4:22:00 PM

Looking for something to cover small ice pick scars and pores and give an even base for my other makeup. This was not that product, and a little pricey too! Clarins Smooth Touch is much better. This one would require a lot of product for desired result. Also, upon second usage I realized that the tube was probably only 40% full! Still searching for my HG...

on 1/9/2012 9:27:00 PM

For me this would be a score of 1 but I can see how someone else might have success with this product. I read all the reviews to hear what others complained about and I learned a few tips on how to apply and how to keep it from rolling off. I tried it many ways, under foundation and over. I warmed it and I just slabbed it on. I used a little and a lot. I tried it all. For me, this did not deliver. If it was $15 I would have kept it for that one little dent I have but for the price it wasn't worth it. It did not fill in my pores any better than the regular Smashbox primer (and I already own that) and it did not fill my lines well. If you have deep pocks, dents, ice pick scars, etc. I would recommend you try this. If you have lines around your eyes and mouth I would suggest you buy it somewhere you can return it.

on 11/6/2011 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have really bad ice pick scars on my cheeks and some other areas of my face. No matter how much foundation and concealer I use, you can still see the little holes in my face. I am so happy that I found this primer. It is very thick and is not meant to use on your whole face. I found that this works better for my scars when I apply it after I put on my mineral foundation. I squeeze a little bit of the primer on a thin makeup brush and spackle the product in and over my pitted scars. Some of the mineral foundation will mix in with the primer in my scars and so I don't have to worry about the white primer showing up on my skin. I am so happy that there is a great primer out there that can help me feel a little better about my skin.

on 9/24/2011 6:38:00 PM

This is a thick primer that might be useful for filling in small, pitted areas of skin. It is too thick to spread over a large area. I did not find that this diminished lines at all. It was an acceptable pore minimizer but I much prefer Clinique pore minimizer to this.

on 9/22/2011 8:52:00 PM

I've tried several of Smashbox's primer products and been impressed with none of them, so this product's effectiveness came as a very pleasant surprise. Although it's a bit of a pain to work with--it's incredibly thick and not easy to rub in--this is the only primer I've *ever* used that actually obscured the gigantic pores around my nose and kept them under wraps all day long. I've tried many, many primers to obscure my crater-like pores, and my face would always start off looking smooth and pore-free, but by the end of the day, my foundation would sink into my enlarged pores, leaving me looking like a grapefruit -- not good! I use this stuff under my MUFE Face & Body Foundation and it holds up beautifully for hours and hours. (Today I spent 10 hours at work, blotted my T-zone once, and when I got home my skin still looked flawless. Hooray!) Yeah, it's pretty spendy, but given how little you need to use, I think the tube'll last quite a while. If you're like me and have pores you can see from space, then I highly recommend this product.

EDIT: I've discovered another use for this stuff. If you have a blemish, apply a bit of this on the spot (after applying foundation but before applying spot coverage) and it'll help concealer to stay put.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've got to admit, this did have a noticeable effect on my pores. It definitely made them look much smaller than they are, and for that, I would have kept it... Sadly, it also stung my face quite a bit and it would rub off if I didn't apply it correctly. If you are going through a pretty intensive acne regimen like I am, I would definitely recommend you steer clear from this product because something in it will burn. However, if my skin ever clears up completely, I will be sure to give this a shot again! Although, the packaging really could be improved... the product is nearly impossible to squeeze out.

This doesn't "hide my pores" but throughout the day my T-zone get very oily especially my nose, and since using this product, NO OIL! So amazing, will definitely buy again

on 6/9/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I L O V E this product.

Just to let everyone know, the reason some of you are not liking it is because there is a very specific application that must be used or foundation does not like to go over top of this without streaking and making it worse!

First use a TINY amount and forcibly massage the product into the targeted areas that you have your problems (stretching the skin if it has a deeper line I find causes it to work a bit better!) Once you have worked the SMALL amount of product into the area that you need you can attempt to put a TINY bit more on if you feel that there is not enough.

IMPORTANT: If you feel it at all on your skin there is too much and you need to slide it either to the side or pat your fingers over top of it to pull up the extra product that is sitting on the skin. All you should feel is a very smooth skin!

EXTRA IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using this as a touchup throughout the day make DAMN sure you are not using a cheaper foundation because if your foundation has cheaper fillers in it than it will lift. And this INCLUDES products like MAC foundations who use a LOT of cheap fillers in their product.

I use this with Bobbi Brown and it's beautiful.

Any questions feel free to email me @ CVWessels@gmail.com

on 6/1/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is exactly what I have been looking for to cover and hide the wide scarred pores on my nose. I apply my makeup and then daub this over it. It completely hides my large pores and makes my skin nice and matte.

I have not tried it under makeup because of all the troubles everyone had on here, I basically use a very light tinted moisturizer or powder foundation depending on the coverage I need that day. The texture of this product is such that it goes over either makeup without showing and just fills in imperfections. I have even worn it on bare skin it is completely invisible.

I am very happy that I tried this product I was concerned after reading the reviews on here, but the key really is if you have a certain type of imperfection, or indentation and apply this over makeup it really fills it in. Prior to getting this I was miserable putting makeup on my nose!!! It just made my pores more noticeable now I can go out with confidence!

on 4/27/2011 9:00:00 AM

I don't know why I keep trying to make anything Smashbox work for me.

Yeah - this says it smooth out pores and lines. Where? Because yes this went on smooth, but as soon as I put my Colorstay on - away this product went to somewhere.

Don't waste your money. Thankfully I got this as a sample -