April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by StaceySmith945

This doesn't "hide my pores" but throughout the day my T-zone get very oily especially my nose, and since using this product, NO OIL! So amazing, will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Kelgorus

I L O V E this product.

Just to let everyone know, the reason some of you are not liking it is because there is a very specific application that must be used or foundation does not like to go over top of this without streaking and making it worse!

First use a TINY amount and forcibly massage the product into the targeted areas that you have your problems (stretching the skin if it has a deeper line I find causes it to work a bit better!) Once you have worked the SMALL amount of product into the area that you need you can attempt to put a TINY bit more on if you feel that there is not enough.

IMPORTANT: If you feel it at all on your skin there is too much and you need to slide it either to the side or pat your fingers over top of it to pull up the extra product that is sitting on the skin. All you should feel is a very smooth skin!

EXTRA IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using this as a touchup throughout the day make DAMN sure you are not using a cheaper foundation because if your foundation has cheaper fillers in it than it will lift. And this INCLUDES products like MAC foundations who use a LOT of cheap fillers in their product.

I use this with Bobbi Brown and it's beautiful.

Any questions feel free to email me @ CVWessels@gmail.com

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by karen1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is exactly what I have been looking for to cover and hide the wide scarred pores on my nose. I apply my makeup and then daub this over it. It completely hides my large pores and makes my skin nice and matte.

I have not tried it under makeup because of all the troubles everyone had on here, I basically use a very light tinted moisturizer or powder foundation depending on the coverage I need that day. The texture of this product is such that it goes over either makeup without showing and just fills in imperfections. I have even worn it on bare skin it is completely invisible.

I am very happy that I tried this product I was concerned after reading the reviews on here, but the key really is if you have a certain type of imperfection, or indentation and apply this over makeup it really fills it in. Prior to getting this I was miserable putting makeup on my nose!!! It just made my pores more noticeable now I can go out with confidence!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Jolene5329

I don't know why I keep trying to make anything Smashbox work for me.

Yeah - this says it smooth out pores and lines. Where? Because yes this went on smooth, but as soon as I put my Colorstay on - away this product went to somewhere.

Don't waste your money. Thankfully I got this as a sample -

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use primers too often because it's hard to find one that doesn't feel slippery, oily, sticky or dry. I got this as a large GWP sample, and while i like some other variations on Photo Finish, this one makes even the slightest flakes on my skin stand out more than it masks large pores. Might be great for masking forehead lines on the right skin type, but it's not a great fit for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by imf54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Save ytour money on this one. It is completely useless - it does absolutely nothing. Not only did it make no difference to my pores, but it actually attracted foundation to my lines and made it look worse. I returned it and got my money back.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sdhar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Does what it says - it is NOT for full face application. I have deep acne pits/marks - I use this to fill it in where regular primers usually don't help and it works. It doesn't really stay all day but am sure it stays on atleast for 4-5hrs. You could try reapplying on top of makeup when it starts to rub off but I've never tried it. It does cost a bit more but then you use very little of it and I think it would last a long time. I bought mine in Oct and I've used up like 30% of the tube.

Update: Packaging is horrible. All my product is leaking from the sides and joints of the tube!!!! Waste of product and money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

Does this product do what it claims it will ? Yes, it does. It is important to keep in mind this is a targeted primer not an all over primer. This is wonderful for those problem areas with pores or fine lines. Something to keep in mind though is that application will make the difference. I just rub this into cheeks and nose to reduce pore appearance and it works like a charm. However, if I am going to minimize fine lines I have to smooth it on almost as if I am applying a spackle. If I rub this in depending on how deep set the line, it will just vanish into the wrinkle. So I just take and smooth a thin layer over the wrinkle and leave. It will not make it totally vanish but it does make it MUCH smaller and less noticable, especially for any deep set areas. You do get quite a lot and do not need much so even though it is pricey it is a product that does what it claims.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd buy it again. I don't have large pores but I've noticed in a magnified mirror that this was something that I might like on my nose and for some reason my chin. It works well for me on my pores... as far as lines, I think it works pretty well, I prefer MAC P+P Line Filler on my expression lines on my forehead - works LOADS better but for pores this works just as well as MAC for me. It is quite a thick product so I imagine it would work really well on someone with more oily skin but having dry skin myself, it's fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I have found another really great use for this. After using an all over face highlighter such as Dior Poudre Shimmer, this Smashbox primer is great to go over any raised bumps on the face that are accented. I have a very few places on my face, don't know what they are, whether they're white heads or something else like a fatty deposit?? With magnification they look like teeny- tiny skin colored volcanoes lol. Not really noticeable at all unless I overdo the highlighter. I take just a tiny amount of this Smashbox primer onto the tip of an eyeliner or lip liner brush, and touch it to the top of any raised spots that show up more once the highlighter has been dusted on. I blend it in, and voila! the bumps disappear, as in g-o-n-e completely!
++++++++++++++++++++

This is the ONLY primer I've ever tried by Smashbox that I thought was good or did what it was advertised to do. I received a small sample tube as a gift from Sephora, and I actually had put it in my "give away" basket, because I have had such bad luck with their primers. I was sorting through the basket, getting some things together for a friend, and when I saw this tube, I remembered reading a review here on MUA, and pulled it out to try for myself.

It is probably named "Targeted" to help people realize its not for all over the face. Used on the t-zone just a tiny dab will do. Like the size of a pin head for the nose and cheeks by the nose.

It really does make pores disappear, as in gone! It is extremely mattifying, at least for the initial period after application,

It seems like its advantages can work to disadvantage with foundation though. It makes my foundation thicker and more opaque in appearance, can cause it to get a bit cakey as the day wears on. It seemed ok to use with liquid foundation, did not work AT ALL with Boots #7 mousse foundation, had to wipe off and start over, it was that thick and flat looking applied over the primer.

I have a tube of Shiseido Pore Smoothing Corrector, which is comparable in its intended use, but they are not that similar. The Shiseido is not as thick, is more translucent, and does not mattify as much. It has a slightly astringent fragrance to it, almost medicinal, and I have not noticed any smell to the Smashbox.

All in all I still prefer my Shiseido because I am not after such a matte look to my makeup, but I would consider buying this Smashbox product (when I run out of what is in the sample tube) just to wear when I'm not wearing foundation at all.

In reference to wearing it alone without foundation, it will not give that glowy nice soft focus look, there is no glow effect. Its very matte, but disguises pores amazingly well.