September 20, 2014 | 1484 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a thick primer that might be useful for filling in small, pitted areas of skin. It is too thick to spread over a large area. I did not find that this diminished lines at all. It was an acceptable pore minimizer but I much prefer Clinique pore minimizer to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by docrho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried several of Smashbox's primer products and been impressed with none of them, so this product's effectiveness came as a very pleasant surprise. Although it's a bit of a pain to work with--it's incredibly thick and not easy to rub in--this is the only primer I've *ever* used that actually obscured the gigantic pores around my nose and kept them under wraps all day long. I've tried many, many primers to obscure my crater-like pores, and my face would always start off looking smooth and pore-free, but by the end of the day, my foundation would sink into my enlarged pores, leaving me looking like a grapefruit -- not good! I use this stuff under my MUFE Face & Body Foundation and it holds up beautifully for hours and hours. (Today I spent 10 hours at work, blotted my T-zone once, and when I got home my skin still looked flawless. Hooray!) Yeah, it's pretty spendy, but given how little you need to use, I think the tube'll last quite a while. If you're like me and have pores you can see from space, then I highly recommend this product.

EDIT: I've discovered another use for this stuff. If you have a blemish, apply a bit of this on the spot (after applying foundation but before applying spot coverage) and it'll help concealer to stay put.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got to admit, this did have a noticeable effect on my pores. It definitely made them look much smaller than they are, and for that, I would have kept it... Sadly, it also stung my face quite a bit and it would rub off if I didn't apply it correctly. If you are going through a pretty intensive acne regimen like I am, I would definitely recommend you steer clear from this product because something in it will burn. However, if my skin ever clears up completely, I will be sure to give this a shot again! Although, the packaging really could be improved... the product is nearly impossible to squeeze out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by StaceySmith945

This doesn't "hide my pores" but throughout the day my T-zone get very oily especially my nose, and since using this product, NO OIL! So amazing, will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Kelgorus

I L O V E this product.

Just to let everyone know, the reason some of you are not liking it is because there is a very specific application that must be used or foundation does not like to go over top of this without streaking and making it worse!

First use a TINY amount and forcibly massage the product into the targeted areas that you have your problems (stretching the skin if it has a deeper line I find causes it to work a bit better!) Once you have worked the SMALL amount of product into the area that you need you can attempt to put a TINY bit more on if you feel that there is not enough.

IMPORTANT: If you feel it at all on your skin there is too much and you need to slide it either to the side or pat your fingers over top of it to pull up the extra product that is sitting on the skin. All you should feel is a very smooth skin!

EXTRA IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using this as a touchup throughout the day make DAMN sure you are not using a cheaper foundation because if your foundation has cheaper fillers in it than it will lift. And this INCLUDES products like MAC foundations who use a LOT of cheap fillers in their product.

I use this with Bobbi Brown and it's beautiful.

Any questions feel free to email me @ CVWessels@gmail.com

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by karen1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is exactly what I have been looking for to cover and hide the wide scarred pores on my nose. I apply my makeup and then daub this over it. It completely hides my large pores and makes my skin nice and matte.

I have not tried it under makeup because of all the troubles everyone had on here, I basically use a very light tinted moisturizer or powder foundation depending on the coverage I need that day. The texture of this product is such that it goes over either makeup without showing and just fills in imperfections. I have even worn it on bare skin it is completely invisible.

I am very happy that I tried this product I was concerned after reading the reviews on here, but the key really is if you have a certain type of imperfection, or indentation and apply this over makeup it really fills it in. Prior to getting this I was miserable putting makeup on my nose!!! It just made my pores more noticeable now I can go out with confidence!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Jolene5329

I don't know why I keep trying to make anything Smashbox work for me.

Yeah - this says it smooth out pores and lines. Where? Because yes this went on smooth, but as soon as I put my Colorstay on - away this product went to somewhere.

Don't waste your money. Thankfully I got this as a sample -

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use primers too often because it's hard to find one that doesn't feel slippery, oily, sticky or dry. I got this as a large GWP sample, and while i like some other variations on Photo Finish, this one makes even the slightest flakes on my skin stand out more than it masks large pores. Might be great for masking forehead lines on the right skin type, but it's not a great fit for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by imf54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Save ytour money on this one. It is completely useless - it does absolutely nothing. Not only did it make no difference to my pores, but it actually attracted foundation to my lines and made it look worse. I returned it and got my money back.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sdhar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Does what it says - it is NOT for full face application. I have deep acne pits/marks - I use this to fill it in where regular primers usually don't help and it works. It doesn't really stay all day but am sure it stays on atleast for 4-5hrs. You could try reapplying on top of makeup when it starts to rub off but I've never tried it. It does cost a bit more but then you use very little of it and I think it would last a long time. I bought mine in Oct and I've used up like 30% of the tube.

Update: Packaging is horrible. All my product is leaking from the sides and joints of the tube!!!! Waste of product and money!!!