Cover Girl Simply Ageless Serum Primer

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Diethylhexyl Carbonate Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Acetyl Glucosamine, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Methicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, PEG 100 Stearate

on 9/7/2011 9:51:00 PM

This is a very mediocre primer. It does moisturize very well, but as far as lending my makeup more staying power & minimizing pores, I feel like it is very lacking. Not to mention the fact that it is very overpriced for the quality. If you are looking for a little moisture boost before your put on your makeup, this could be good. I personally do not need that as my daily moisturizer does the job. Would not purchase this again, as there are cheaper primers out there that does the job much better.

on 7/15/2011 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Over all I love this primer. I use it everyday and have had no problems. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't make them worse. The pump is very handy. The only thing I found is that this is kind of pricey for a drugstore product...but it was so worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Most of the primers I've used are of the dimethicone/silicone variety, and I love the way those feel. This one is more like a light moisturizer with a "slip" similar to the dimethicone/silicone primers. It is great for my dry skin, though I use it more in the winter time and stick with the silicone primers in the summer, as they absorb shine better than the Cover Girl + Olay Simply Ageless.

Update- I've been using this exclusively for the last few weeks and I'm bumping it up to 5 lippies! This has niacinamide in it, which is fantastic for redness, and it does have dimethicone, so that's where the "slip" comes from, but it still doesn't feel like your typical silicone primers. Also, while it isn't listed as having SPF, it does contain titanium dioxide, so there's a bit of built-in sun protection. All in all, it's totally worth $13, as it actually helps my skin, as opposed to the Bare Escentuals, Hard Candy, or other primers that I've tried!

on 6/23/2011 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this awhile ago when CoverGirl was on sale at my nearest store, but I don't think I would purchase it at full price considering it is quite pricey for a drugstore product. I like that this primer is not silicone based. It is very moisturizing and I noticed my foundation went on alot smoother. What I really hated with this is that it feels incredibly heavy on my skin and if you have oily skin like me, avoid this! I think it's best suited for drier skin types. When using this, I look like a complete grease-ball. I didn't think it helped make my foundation last longer. Gave it to my mom who likes it better than I do. :)

on 5/20/2011 7:34:00 PM

This is my first primer, so I don't have previous experience with other primers to compare this one to. However, I will say that my face is slightly smoother and flawless than before after applying foundation. It leaves my face feeling a bit oilier than expected and adds a shine, but it works well with my foundation to give me more of a dewy than a matte look that usually comes from my foundation.

on 5/19/2011 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have really noticable pores so I find that the Covergirl/Olay Serum Primer tends to fill them up and create an overall good base for my foundation. I'm one for the creamier primers and this is one of my favorites. Yes it is a bit greasy HOWEVER when I wear if with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation - a heavy matte foundation that they work perfectly together. It's a cheapie and I love it, I'm onto my 3rd bottle now!

on 4/30/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Many of the positive reviews below have praised the moisturizing qualities of Simply Ageless Serum Primer. Which would be awesome if it were a moisturizer. But's not. It's a primer. And a primer is supposed to smooth and mattify skin and create an even canvas for foundation. And SASP is a huge fail at all of this. There is nothing remotely serum-like about this's a white lotion and it left my face crazy shiny. The 'smooth' that I expected was more like 'slick', which made putting on foundation a slippery mess. I will be returning Simply Ageless Serum Primer to CVS and returning to my beloved, non-moisturizing L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base. Simply Ageless is simply not up to the job.

I bought this because they were out of Maybelline's Age Rewind Primer at Wal-Mart and originally didn't care for it.
I got a very noticeable wrinkle on the left side of my mouth from smoking (I'm only 23) and the Age Rewind stuff was making it less noticeable. To me, the Simply Ageless Primer was more like a moisturizer and all I originally liked about it, was that it wasn't greasy and didn't make my foundation streak and slide off my skin.
However, I've been using it for almost 2 weeks and the wrinkle on the side of my mouth is virtually gone when I'm wearing it, and less noticeable when I'm not. My skin looks much smoother now both with and without makeup. This is my new HG primer.
It is a little pricier than the Age Rewind, but definitely worth it because it does much more.
DEFINITELY recommend :)

on 3/19/2011 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm so in love with this primer!! I have skin that will breakout if I think about touching it. I have had acne since I can remember so I have to be very careful about what I put on my face. But this here is AMAZING!! It gives me moisture that I need with out making me look like an oily chicken. I wear this alone on days that I'm just at home. It's so light on my skin. Sometimes get primers that leave like a sheen on your face this don't do that for me at all. I am a darker skin woman so I was kind of worried about it being white. This didn't make my skin look ashy at all. I have a lot of love for this here. When something works for me I stick to it like glue. I did a review on drugstore primers my yt name is danadhorace

isnt so much a primer just feel like a moisturizer.. as a moisturizer, its nice.

i have very sensitive acne prone skin.. i use this everyday with absolutley no problems