October 25, 2014 | 1566 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 Metal Mania Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by LiteBulbIsMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally impressed.

1. Great pigmentation on 90% of the eyeshadows. Some end up chalky (like the white ones) but most others are lovely
2. AMAZING color range!!! I have always liked using dark colors as opposed to neutral or light colors so this palate is perfection. I love the shimmer effect and with a primer, they stay all day exactly how you placed it in the morning. I have recently been experimenting with browns (used to think they washed me out) and these are great. I can easily do an entire eye look with just this palate. The browns, greens and purples are my favorites.
3. CON- such little product!! ;( I knew it when I purchased them, but once you have it and really start to use an eyeshadow that you love, your sad to see it gone because I have not figured out a way to find out the color (or number in CS's case) so in order to find it again, I guess i'll have to repurchase the palate???
4. I received my package in 3 days!!! It was ultra securely packaged with bubble wrap etc and everything was in perfect condition.

Overall, love it! I also purchased the ultra shimmer palate and have not used it once in the month i've had it because i've been using this one so much. :) But ill use the shimmer one tomorrow... PROMISE!! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahmydarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this palette so much. I used it everyday and its great for natural and dramatic looks. The pigmentation is beautiful and goes on wonderfully. Only bad thing about it is the amount of each eyeshadow is not a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I finally got mine in the other day I should mentioned that I ordered mine from eBay instead of Coastal Scents. The shipping does take awhile (a couple of weeks) but I got this and the Warm 88 palette for $25 total. So basically 2 for 1, although this particular seller is no longer selling as it seems. Mine were extremely well packaged and nothing was broken. The only difference I can see is that there is no writing on the case. I read reviews about how small these palettes were so when I got mine, I was impressed that they were bigger than I thought.

I'm totally in love with both of my palettes. The color range is gorgeous and there are very few shades I won't use. Some have a lot of shimmer (but no glitter) but some are more satin. I did try some of the brighter pink/coral shades as blush and it does work if you like shimmery blush and don't want to waste the colors. It definitely has more usuable colors than some of the other Coastal Scents palettes like the Shimmer or Matte.

The shades seem really buttery to me, a lot like the NYX singles. I used mine on top of TFSI primer and the lasting power seems very good. Much better than my NYX Runway palette which only lasted me 1/2 day. The best part is, I won't be buying any eyeshadow for probably years! I'm totally hooked.

EDIT: I know longer have this as I swapped it when I bought the Naked palette. But I do prefer this over the warm palette if I had to buy again.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

Great colors.very shiny but not too much.good to have as your base.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by emilymariechen

I love this palette! I recently bought this along with the original, ultra shimmer, and warm palettes while they were on sale and I love all of them. Most of the colors are well pigmented and go on and blend smoothly, but there are about 8 or 10 colors that cannot be used because they are chunky and create tons of fall out no matter what you do (ex. the dark olive - I was so excited to try it and it completely disappointed me!). I do love some of the colors a lot, though - the darker pinks and corals are absolutely beautiful. I've never been able to create an entire look with just this one palette, though, so I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy just this palette as a starter. I've read reviews that say the cases are cheap, but I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood). They do seem fairly flimsy, though, especially the clasp, so I'm worried that those may eventually break. I like how the new design has the name of the palette on the front, so you can easily tell the difference. I would recommend using a primer because these colors crease instantly if you don't. But with a primer they stay on all day! All in all I think this is a great palette for anyone wanting to try tons of colors on a limited budget (hello, college students). I would also like to mention the (free) shipping - I was very impressed. I had my box within 4 days I believe and everything was packaged very well - no cracked pots or anything (surprising considering I had 352 colors that could have cracked). They even threw in a sample of glitter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite eyeshadow ever. I have been used for a week; have not thought about switching back to my high ended eyeshadow yet. Better than my old favourite Dior and Nars. Better than Mac, Guerlain, Lauder, Lancome, Clinque and Chanel. Smooth and pigmented. Guess if people have tried their eyeshadow, why would u want to go back to the high ended ones

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by CombYourFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colors are wonderful for the lid, eyeshadows are long wearing with a primer and very pigmented. Some of the colors blends on smooth and creamy, but some are very FLAKY, unblendable, and messy! There are about 10 eyeshadows I CANNOT work with and its a shame because they're such beautiful colors! Nonetheless, its 10 eyes shadows that are useless out of 88. The colors are subtle enough for everyday wear. They're incomparable to the original 88 palette that contains vibrant eye shadows. So this is a plus for a settle look. The colors show variance different undertones and same finishes but not wide range of color selection (I wish there were more greens and blue in the mix). I also wish there were matte colors to contrast the metallic eye shadows, but palette is called 88 metal mania, so no matte colors will be included in the palette.

Pro: Beautiful colors that can be wearable for everyday. Great lid colors. Most colors were pigmented, creamy, blendable, and long lasting with primer. The packaging is pretty durable.

Con: The palette's sponge applicators are useless. About 10 eye shadows were flaky, unblendable and sandy. The eye shadows are tiny, but a little is all you need.

I will definitely recommend this product to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love almost everything about this palette. I got it at a discount price (not from the CS site) and as part of a package with the Ultra Shimmer Palette. While the price seems a little steep at first (I paid $16.50 per palette), keep in mind that you're getting 88 eyeshadows...that's less than 20 cents per shadow. But the great part about the CS palettes is that the colors are so incredibly vibrant! I was prepared for very sheer, muted shades, but I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched the colors and was met with something almost comparable to the Urban Decay shadows. There are so many colors to choose from and you can do so many different looks with just one single palette. I would recommend this to anybody who enjoys doing different eye makeup looks..I feel like I never need to buy eyeshadow again!

One thing I think you all need to be aware of, though, is the size of the palette. Online (especially in youtube videos) the palette looks a lot bigger than it is. The palette itself is a little bigger than a DVD case and each shadow is only about the size of a dime. However, that being said, the shadows do last a long time. I've used a highlight color every day for the past week and it hardly looks like that color has been used at all.

Great product, great value. I love it and I'll definitely buy it again (if I ever need to!)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this palette is lovely. I also have the UD Naked palette and think I use this one more just due to the variety. I have other CS palettes so I know how to work w/the shadows. This palette is def on the neutral side of their palettes...so if you prefer natural e/s shades...this one will give you 88 to choose from! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette to death! I am a huge fan of neutral, soft shimmery colours and this was the perfect palette for me. The colours are gorgeous and very pigmented, not to mention they are all neutral enough for daily use. I'm a big fan of the natural, soft feminine look and this palette definitely offer a lot of choices. I'm really loving the pinks, browns/golds in the palette, and the light highlighting colours are perfect for the brow bone/giving your eyes that shimmery effect. I still love the 88 matte palette, but there are some colours in there that I don't think I would ever use (like the bright greens or blues) unless I'm doing a dramatic look or something. Having said that, I think I've found my perfect palette <3