November 20, 2014 | 1937 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Moon Glow Luminizing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by melbop

I saw the Hard Candy line at Walmart and I was so excited. I remember back in the 90s? They were a really fun brand sold at department stores mostly known for their nail polishes. I was almost out of my favorite and discontinued highlighter so I thought I'd give this a go. First let me say I have very fair skin and this product doesn't show up on me. If you have darker skin this may be a wonderful highlighter but if you're fair this product is useless. The glitter in this product does show up a bit (but hardly) when I swatch but it is not at all chunky or over the top.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by shamcd

I have to agree with the majority...there are definitely large glitter particles in this powder that make it very difficult to wear (unless you're under the cloak or darkness or at a club). It's unfortunate because I really like the smoothness of the product, just not the obvious gold glitter. I do love the packaging though; it's quite sturdy, and I like the flip mirror/sponge compartment. I have repurposed this as an all over wash of nearly-there color for my eyes. It's actually quite beautiful and angelic on my lids.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really liked the Welcome Matte powder by Hard Candy and thought I'd give Moon Glow a shot. Nice texture. Perfect colour for my fair skin tone. Still has the mirror under the powder like Welcome Matte (up, down, up down ... ). I didn't use the cute little sponge, instead opting for my regular powder puff. At about $8 at WalMart it's a great price. The downside ... holy glitter!!! Not the nice, finely milled shimmer I expected, but all out highly visible pieces. Glitter is not a friend at my age ... well, on my face anyway. Will save Moon Glow for the summer months on my shoulders, legs etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by twinkellastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i would not recommend this unless of course you want people to think you survived a glitter halocaust

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is a beautiful nude highlighter- its great when you just want a little sheen on your temples. When I first purchased this, I found that applying it with my 109 brush wasn't cutting it- it seemed to pick up to much product. Now, I know lots of people are 'Anti-makeup sponge' LOL in this case, the adorable heart shaped sponge actually works well. I like to take the sponge, pick up some product and press it onto my temples- then I blend it out with my MAC 109. This leaves me a gorgeous, barely there sheen that is perfect. I even like to take my MAC 224 and put a little bit of this under my eyes to brighten them up, I find the yello undertone really helps with that. As for people complaining about sparkles, I find that this only looks sparkly in the pan not when applied onto the skin. Yet another winning product from Hard Candy :) I know some people find the brand cheesy because of the packaging, but I find it adorable- but that's just me :P I cannot wait when we get more Hard Candy items here in Canada, especially the Glamoflauge Concealer and Eyeshadow Primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. I have slightly oily skin and was looking for a pressed powder to take with me on a trip so I tried this powder out. I used it with L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Base primer and loved the results. On my skin there were no huge chunks of glitter. It gave me a real 'lit from within' candle-lit glow. I used an ecoTools duo fiber brush to apply it, as I didn't find the sponge inside useful for application. I will definitely purchase again when I run out. My only complaint about the product is that it is not vegan.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really sure how to feel about this. I'm not in love with it, but I feel guilty that I have the whole container to use and I don't care for it. I was happy that HC made an inexpensive highlighting powder. While it does match my skin tone, I can't imagine it being flattering on darker tones. The shine isn't overwhelming, but it has to be applied with a brush or it's super chalky. Even then, the tiny gold glitters are kind of annoying. It make me think of glitters that get stuck on my face when trying to wash off stubborn glittery eye shadow. Indoors it's nonexistent. Outdoors... it shows up but it looks like a mess. The sponge is super cute, but useless. I appreciate that it comes with a mirror, but I think the compact is a little much for a highlighter. It seems better suited for a foundation or setting powder. Overall, I'll stick with HC's new Glow All the Way creams.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

First its way too light and chalky. My skin didn't look pretty and it didn't give me a glow so much as tiny gold glitter all over my face. Indoors you don't notice it but it sunlight...holy cow not a good look. I wasn't impressed. I'll stick to illuminating powders with finer milled shimmer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by taralanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product the first time I used it. Loved it! The next day, I was broken out ALL over my face. I discontinued using it. The next day, I formed an itchy rash on my neck. The day after that, I had hives all over my chest. I'm usually not a fan of animal testing until something like this happens. I'm happy to know it didn't have the same affect on most, if not all, of the reviewers. I really want to love this product again, but obviously my skin feel the same way. =[

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Accidentally found this on a trip to Wally World, and was VERY excited as it looked like a dupe for Too Faced Candlelight highlighter/NARS Albatross. I would say in comparison to those, it is not quite as fine of a shimmer (bigger chunks but read, NOT GLITTERY CHUKNKS) and at a fraction of the price. Very pretty. It looks great layered over stereo rose too. The packaging is cute, but the pink heart shaped puff is unnecessary.. Use a brush. Would repurchase if I ran out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No