April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Visiblecare (NutriumMoisture)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I used the one in the purple bottle. It was pretty moisturizing, but it seemed like I got more clogged pores / bumps on my back while I was using this, even though I scrub my back. But when I went back to Olay Sheer Ribbons, they went away. For that reason, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love that this is just like taking a shower with lotion, I actually don't have to use a bodylotion afterwards. I only dislike the packaging this stuff is to thick to get out of the bottle, I have to pour in some water en shake it so something will come out. But I have send an email to Dove and they said that they are gonna change the packaging because lots of people had complained about this problem.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. It's like taking a shower with lotion, but not in a good way. I have found that the best use for this is shaving.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by originalskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a little surprised by the mixed reviews for this product. I have been using it now for two weeks, and my skin feels better, looks better and IS better than it was before I started using it. I am using the Softening version and I LOVE it! I was using Caress silkening body wash previous to this, and it was fine, but it did nothing to silken anything. As a scientist, I like to test products on only one leg, side of face etc. For this product I kept everything else the same but used the Visiblecare on my right leg and arm. By the end of the first week, there was a visible difference in my skin, most easily visible on my legs (possibly the hair on my arms, even though blonde, made it harder to see the skin itself). My 16 year old daughter in a blind question, felt that the right leg looked and felt smoother and softer. So I began to use it all over and am thrilled with the results. Thick, creamy, great lather, mild scent, only complaint is the flip top is not the most convenient in the shower, but that is a small enough issue for the results. I use this as my shaving product also (I always use body wash to shave, it is just easier for me!) and it works like a champ! This is my HG body wash!

as an aside:
I do not know how much time some of the negative reviewers gave this product, perhaps they gave it a full couple of weeks and really saw no difference, if so, fair enough, bash away! But I agree with a previous review when I say that if the "all natural" crowd is not going to give the product a fair chance and just look at the ingredients and go into a tizzy, please do not review it. It hurts the reviews of all products on this site if people are not going to both use the product as directed and are not going to give it a fair chance. I have no problem with negative reviews, look through my previous reviews and you will see some doozies, but I always give the product a fair chance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was just a so so body wash. Very ordinary. I didn't feel it did anything good for my skin, nor did it dry it out. I wasn't crazy about the scents available...they were a little too powdery instead of fresh. I HATE the packaging. The bottle shape is incredibly poor for getting the product out once the bottle is about half full. I had to bang on the bottom of the tube over and overe to get just a little bit out every single shower. Even taking the bottom off of the bottle didn't help much as the formula is so thick it won't come out easily. Clearly, this was a poor design.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by LatinEarthAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it, reminds me of the original Dove Nutrium of back in the day that came in a dual dispensing bottle. This wash is cushiony and has a whipped like texture, it lathers but not a whole lot. it's very lotiony, moisturizing and has a pleasant smell. the bottle stands on the cap which makes dispensing fab. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This body wash is wonderful! My skin looks great and feels so soft. I also like that it doesn't leave a residue like some body wash. I haven't broken any nails trying to open the bottle like some of the reviewers before me. But I also don't use my nails to open it. I use the side of my thumb to open it. Works perfectly! Anyway, I will definitely be repurchasing this. I love it!

UPDATE: I've not used a full bottle of the Softening Wash and the Renewing wash. I prefer the softening wash. My skin feels amazing after. I still don't have an issue with the cap and nail breaking like some reviewers. However I do have an issue with the thickness of the plastic of the bottle. When I got toward the end of the bottle it became extremely hard to get the rest out of the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by sungrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The shower gel itself is nice but I won't purchase again because of the poor bottle design. It's very hard to open. I have to use my finger nail to pry it open and then when it got to the end I couldn't squeeze the bottle to get any product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate it when the "all natural" crowd comes in writing reviews for chemically-wrought mainstream beauty products. Dove VisibleCare isn't a organic all natural ingredient formula, so if you're chemically sensitive or the thought of "methyl-ethyl-whatevers" on your body creep you out, read the label before you buy and stay in the granola aisle and buy the all natural, fragrance-free stuff.

For the rest of us, this is a great body wash. I am trying the "Renewing" version right now (blue bottle) and find it just great. It is very affordable (I think I paid $6 at WalMart for a big bottle of it!) - I wish it had more of a lip to the flip-cap to avoid nail-breakage, but c'est la vie.

It has definitely improved the health of my skin. My dermatologist says the only beauty products worth their salt on the market right now are those made by Dove and those made by Olay (in the Regenerist line) - I believe her!! These are the only brands I buy and my skin looks fantastic!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

*EDIT* 04/16/11----- I am bumping this down to 1 lippie. With continued use this gave me a rash and some serious dry patches.

---I have this in the Renewing formula and I really like it. It softens my dry sensitive skin without breaking me out. My skin is brighter and the texture seems more refined. I love the scent, it's soft and clean.