Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

3.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000)

I wore this eyeliner to the gym and it stayed! I can wear this all day long on my water line and it doesnt budge, and usually eyeliner is running down my eyes right after I apply it. But there is a downside I gave it a four because it makes my eyes a little red so I use eye drops when I use this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bah. I got this as a GWP and I will be throwing it out. I love several of the smudge sticks but this one looks horrible on me and it smudges too much -- just looks messy and like a mistake, not intentional. I am very pale with yellow undertones (NC15) and no matter how sparingly I use this, it makes me look like a floozy. This dark cold gray (almost black) is so inky that it clashes with my blond hair and pale, warm skin. Makes me look sick and like I put it on when drunk. Not good! And the twist-up pencil means that it's never sharp - not good for a skinny pencil meant for precision lining. It also comes off really easily with water - it's not waterproof in the least. There are way better cheaper options at the drugstore.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a free full size version of stingray from Sephora using my points. The colour and texture of this pencil is nice but by the end of the day I look like a raccoon!

I like the retractable pen so I dont have to sharpen. Twist only the amount you need to use cos you cant twist it back. The color glides on like gel. Very nice, very easy to use. I applied at the waterline and just outside the bottom lashes. Then using a slanted tip brush I evened out the product. With this technique I found the product does not smudge even after a whole night of dancing. That`s the trick. Keep blending to even out color. Its also waterproof so you need a remover for this. I like the star studded packaging. But this is one expensive liner!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm always trying to find a black eyeliner for my waterline, still on the hunt clearly. I rated this as a 3 on price, for a liner, its not bad. I used this on my waterline and to line my lower lashline, then i smudge it bit. When i left the house, it looked great with my daytime smoky eye. However, by the end of my five hour shift, i looked like i was crying. The liner had smudged so far underneath the outer lower lash line. It was terrible. The only thing is that it is definitely waterproof because i couldn't even fix it. I just came right home and removed all my makeup. It was that bad. Do not purchase this. I will give it one more chance, just on the waterline and maybe set with a black eye shadow. If that fails, i might have to throw it away....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite liner for my water line thus far. I have very sensitive eyes so usually as soon as I line my water line my eyes start watering and completely wash away my work. This stuff does a pretty good job and doesn't seem to irritate me. I usually just touch it up later on in the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a sephora insider set. I am always looking for new waterproof eyeliners to use on my lower waterline. I had so much hope for this liner. It migrated to the inner corners of my eyes within an hour before I had even finished getting ready to go out and by the time I realized it it was too late to wash makeup off and start over. Thank goodness I was going to a family function so my eyeliner migrating wouldn't be talked about too much but if this had been a date I'd have been sooo embarassed.
I did like how creamy the liner is and how easy it went on. I am always wary of "waterproof" liners though. I always end up going back to my HG maybelline expert eyes (the red pencils) that you have to warm up with a lighter. I may use this liner up and try it up my upper lash line but I may end up giving it to a younger cousin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner i had high hopes for because on the stila website it said it was one of their best sellers. I have super duper oily lids as i have hooded eyelids. This eyeliner smduged like crazy within the first hour i put it on my top lashline. With a primer, it lasted for about 4 hours then started to run down to my lower lashline and i had the worst racoon eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the liner in a set of 5 and day 1 when i was trying to twist it up a bit I couldnt get it back down and eventually ruin the whole liner and had to throw it! I'm now very concern about the remaining 4 and I'm afraid to twist it up!! For a liner of its price I would expect a better packaging and although I cannot comment on the actual product itself as of yet (coz I had to throw it) I probably wouldnt recommend or buy it again as I believe with this price tag I can get something similar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Kinda disappointed. I was using sephora retractable waterproof liner, which was pretty good, but the eyeliner would ultimately smudge and end up underneath my eye by the end of the day, even though I only wear it above my top lash line. I really wanted to get a retractable black liner that would not do this. I asked someone at sephora, and she recommended this liner. The first thing i noticed was that it was a creamier consistency, thicker, and much darker. I didn't like the thickness, but thought it was worth a try. Yes, it's pretty waterproof and definitely not easy to wash off, but it still doesn't stay put. I'm not sure which is better, this or the sephora. Since it's so thick, it's hard to make it look even. I do like the ease with which you can apply this, but I will definitely not repurchase.

Top Rated Stila Products