April 20, 2014 | 1497 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is definitely the most I've spent on an eyeliner! Packaging could be a little more lux looking. It almost looks like kid make-up even. Sadly I had to return this. Somehow the pencil broke so I couldn't twist up any product even though there was tons left.

I loved how black this eyeliner is, and it really made my eyes pop. But I bought a set of eyeliners from Sephora's Pantone line and they've been working out really well and they were cheaper too. Overall I don't think the price justifies this eyeliner if it breaks soo easily because of poor packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by raychel2661

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I at first wanted the NARS larger than life black eyeliner but since there was no stock, the sales assistant introduced to this product. I was sold because one: it was a wind-up packaging style - that I was looking for. And two: the pigment of the black was actually blacker than the NARS one. So bought it despite the fact that it was pricier than the NARS one in terms of price to quantity. So when I used it the first time, it was pretty difficult to get the lead to wind-up. It wasn't a smooth wind at all and when I over-winded it, I couldn't wind the lead back down into the tube!!!! But I though, well I guess that's the risk of getting wind-up eyeliners. So I ended losing about 1/4 inch of the lead due to this problem. Wearability? Well as the name says: it is a smudge stick, quite literally. It smudges smudges smudges!! Even when I set it with black eyeshadow, it smudges. So thus, not very happy with my experience with this wallet swallower.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jessicalynn

I have a serious problem with eyeliner smudging below my eyes, even if I only apply it to the upper lashline. On my quest for the perfect liner, I've tried Stilla smudgestick in the black color, expecting from the smudgepot reviews I've read, that this would stay put without smearing all day. WRONG. It stays put a little better than most other eyeliners I've tried, but I still get smudging under the eye area, which means if I don't constantly check my makeup I end up looking sloppy. I do like the convenience of a retractable liner though, so I may repurchase this to avoid dealing with the hassles of things like gel liners in pots and constantly having to sharpen pencils.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by iispok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one was pretty magical for me when I first tried it at Sephora. It smudges when you rub it right away but the color will stay unsmudgable after waiting for a couple of seconds after applying. I thought that was pretty cool. But after a couple days of using, it started smearing on the bottom eyelid again so i was pretty disappointed. But I do like how convenient this one is since it is in a plastic tube rather than in a pencil form. The color is really dark, which I like. It glides really smoothly but it's pretty easy to get too much on.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by smn864

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this eyeliner. I bought it in Stingray and I cannot get it to go on smoothly and blending it gives me the look of a heroin addict. Too soft and too blendable, in my opinion. That and it runs. On the plus side, it is a true black. But other than that, I would never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pimpimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite eyeliners out there. The product glides smoothly onto the skin and can be easily blended/smudged with fingers or a small brush. It doesn't have a waxy consistency like many stick/pencil eyeliners (which needs pressure to apply to skin, and also drags the skin), in fact it is pretty much the same as the ysl waterproof eyeliner pencil which costs almost double the price!!! This eyeliner stays all day as it is both smudge proof and waterproof. It's like Bobbi Brown gel liner on a stick! I also love how practical and unwasteful it is that the product can be twisted up, unlike the ysl one which is a pencil and needs sharpening which annoys me every time because the product is wasted with the shavings.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jmcoley

I also got this with Stila Dream in Full Color. It glides on the eyelid beautifully, and also smudges nicely for about a minute after applied. However, I applied it to the water line and it irritated my eyes like crazy. I definitely won't be doing that again. The Stingray color is a beautiful true back with a little sheen, and I love it for lining my upper lids. The downfall of this product is how little you get for the price - 0.01 oz for $20 - a TINY amount! The smudge pots have 0.14 oz for the same price, and MAC Fluidlines are $15 for 0.1 oz. I say I would buy this product again, but that really translates to a "maybe." It is a great product, but because you get so little for a steep price, it is not really a great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by missayycee

I got this eyeliner from the stila dream in full color palette. At first when i saw smudge stick, i thought it has a smudging tool with it but it doesn't, I tried the eye liner and it glides on so easily and i thought it would for sure smudge; however, i waited a few seconds for it to set and i was surprised how nice it turned out. It did not smudge when i rubbed it, and it is very water proof. one thing i didn't like about it is that it doesn't have a little sharpener with it. When i tried to twist it up, it didn't eve move up s i thought it was broken, but i tried twisting some more and finally it moved up. I was stupid enough to try to roll it back down while pushing it with my fingers and the tip broke cuz of its soft texture :( i smeared it back on and i started using it with my eyeliner brush instead .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm forever on the hunt for a great smudgeproof black liner, and honestly I've found that the cheaper I go the better it usually is (Prestige Total Intensity & WP, WnW wp, even Fresh Minerals wp). But I still keep trying new ones, its like a sickness!! After having been disappointed by ones such as UD Zero, I should've known this Stila liner would be no different! I have Smudgesticks in other shades and they last forever, but the black migrates under my eyes and in my crows feet area after about 2 hours. This came as part of the Stila Dream in Full color palette, so its not being returned. I just gifted it to a friend who may have better luck than I did. But most definitely not worth the $$ that they charge for the liner by itself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can never find an eyeliner that won't smear or smudge under the corners of my lower lash line. I was hoping this would work, but after four hours in normal room temperature this smeared on me. The color is jet black and the formula is creamy. I am so disappointed. Stila's waterproof liquid eyeliner also smears. There's not much of a difference with this and maybelline's master drama or avon's waterproof glimmersticks. It's going back to Ulta.