December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by shannoodles

This eyeliner i had high hopes for because on the stila website it said it was one of their best sellers. I have super duper oily lids as i have hooded eyelids. This eyeliner smduged like crazy within the first hour i put it on my top lashline. With a primer, it lasted for about 4 hours then started to run down to my lower lashline and i had the worst racoon eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dihfer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the liner in a set of 5 and day 1 when i was trying to twist it up a bit I couldnt get it back down and eventually ruin the whole liner and had to throw it! I'm now very concern about the remaining 4 and I'm afraid to twist it up!! For a liner of its price I would expect a better packaging and although I cannot comment on the actual product itself as of yet (coz I had to throw it) I probably wouldnt recommend or buy it again as I believe with this price tag I can get something similar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Kinda disappointed. I was using sephora retractable waterproof liner, which was pretty good, but the eyeliner would ultimately smudge and end up underneath my eye by the end of the day, even though I only wear it above my top lash line. I really wanted to get a retractable black liner that would not do this. I asked someone at sephora, and she recommended this liner. The first thing i noticed was that it was a creamier consistency, thicker, and much darker. I didn't like the thickness, but thought it was worth a try. Yes, it's pretty waterproof and definitely not easy to wash off, but it still doesn't stay put. I'm not sure which is better, this or the sephora. Since it's so thick, it's hard to make it look even. I do like the ease with which you can apply this, but I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

Using this product feels absolutely decadent! It glides on so smoothly with no tugging at all, and makes such a nice, even line that I never really have to go over the same spot twice--no skipping! I haven't noticed any fading after ~8 hours of wear, which says a lot since the formula is such a rich black.

My only issue is the smudging. I have noticed this tends to slide around a bit on my eye. When lining just the top lid, I occasionally have to wipe up around the edge of my eyes. Not exactly a raccoon effect (it could be a lot worse!) but also not a "set it and forget it" type deal either. For stay-a-bility, I prefer Revlon Colorstay, but for a bit of a luxe, effortless application, it's Stila all the way.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

This liner lives up to its claims of staying all day. Once it is set it truly goes nowhere; though this statement does not apply to the waterline. Unfortunately, taking it off was rather long and tedious. The texture is very creamy and nice but I could not apply these to my waterline without experiencing some stinging. Also, not all of the liners seem to be of the same quality. The black and bronze seem to be the most opaque and are the best offerings. The worst offerings would be the two purple shades as these are not very pigmented, though the texture is still very nice. I like the packaging but the amount you get is quite small for the price though to be fair you won't need to re-apply once you've put it on so it does conserve itself a bit in that way. If it came off more easily during the removal process and was waterline friendly I would probably be happy to repurchase but those drawbacks are just too irksome to overlook.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE eyeliners because every single one smudges on me under my eyes. BUT, love love love this eyeliner. I used to use Benefit's bad gal waterproof but it was soo smudgy, and the pencil was so hard on my eyes.

This pencil liner is particularly interesting...it is buttery soft/smooth on, glides on like a dream, looks like gel liner, and the color is black, and SUPER easy to work with. I am a very lazy girl and I hate spending a long time doing my make up but with this one it is so easy and it stays on.

The following eyeliners failed on me (Meaning it smeared on my undereye creating dark circles:

Mac fluidline
Bobbi Brown gel liner
Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof liner
Maybelline Gel Liner
Urban Decay Zero
About 5 other different pencil liners.

This one makes my eyes pop. I am asian and about NW20, or 25 or even 30 in the summer.

I love black eyeliners because it makes my eyes pop. However, I think blonde people may find the black a little bit too harsh on their eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is definitely the most I've spent on an eyeliner! Packaging could be a little more lux looking. It almost looks like kid make-up even. Sadly I had to return this. Somehow the pencil broke so I couldn't twist up any product even though there was tons left.

I loved how black this eyeliner is, and it really made my eyes pop. But I bought a set of eyeliners from Sephora's Pantone line and they've been working out really well and they were cheaper too. Overall I don't think the price justifies this eyeliner if it breaks soo easily because of poor packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by raychel2661

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I at first wanted the NARS larger than life black eyeliner but since there was no stock, the sales assistant introduced to this product. I was sold because one: it was a wind-up packaging style - that I was looking for. And two: the pigment of the black was actually blacker than the NARS one. So bought it despite the fact that it was pricier than the NARS one in terms of price to quantity. So when I used it the first time, it was pretty difficult to get the lead to wind-up. It wasn't a smooth wind at all and when I over-winded it, I couldn't wind the lead back down into the tube!!!! But I though, well I guess that's the risk of getting wind-up eyeliners. So I ended losing about 1/4 inch of the lead due to this problem. Wearability? Well as the name says: it is a smudge stick, quite literally. It smudges smudges smudges!! Even when I set it with black eyeshadow, it smudges. So thus, not very happy with my experience with this wallet swallower.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jessicalynn

I have a serious problem with eyeliner smudging below my eyes, even if I only apply it to the upper lashline. On my quest for the perfect liner, I've tried Stilla smudgestick in the black color, expecting from the smudgepot reviews I've read, that this would stay put without smearing all day. WRONG. It stays put a little better than most other eyeliners I've tried, but I still get smudging under the eye area, which means if I don't constantly check my makeup I end up looking sloppy. I do like the convenience of a retractable liner though, so I may repurchase this to avoid dealing with the hassles of things like gel liners in pots and constantly having to sharpen pencils.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by iispok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one was pretty magical for me when I first tried it at Sephora. It smudges when you rub it right away but the color will stay unsmudgable after waiting for a couple of seconds after applying. I thought that was pretty cool. But after a couple days of using, it started smearing on the bottom eyelid again so i was pretty disappointed. But I do like how convenient this one is since it is in a plastic tube rather than in a pencil form. The color is really dark, which I like. It glides really smoothly but it's pretty easy to get too much on.