April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Moisturizers - Formula 10.0.6 - Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by vionnalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is liquified crap in 'fancy' packaging. I fell for this product because of the simplistic packaging but after just using it once, it has found its home in the trash.

I'm not going to talk about the smell because I would use something that works even if it smells horrible. Sadly for this product, it smells bad, works bad and it just... bad.

Texture is runny, does nothing to control oil, does nothing to moisturize, does nothing it claims to do. If someone were to give this to me I would leave it on my shelf and wait for it to discompose before even using it on my face. Horrid. Steer way clear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on clearance at Walgreens and was so excited to try this. It seems like within days, I broke out. I wasn't 100% sure that this was the culprit but I am leery in trying it again. Will not repurchase. I prefer La Roche Posay Efficlaire[sic] mattifying moisturizer instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am shocked at how well this moisturizer worked for me...once I paired it with Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic Acid cleanser. I am a big believer that you have to have just the right combo for a moisturizer to work and I think I finally found just the combo for my very oily skin. I tried it with Clinique Mild Liquid cleanser & a Neutrogena cleanser but neither of those worked to help control my oil like the Derma E. I wash in the morning and then slather the moisturizer on my face. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling clean. In the past moisturizers have just sat on top of my skin and felt like a grease slick & I had to use them at night or else my makeup would just melt right off. The smell definitely doesn't bother me the way some people have mentioned here and I am very sensitive to smells, to me it's light and unobtrusive. I highly recommend trying this moisturizer, if it doesn't work for you at first, go get you some Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic Acid cleanser (about $10-12, but SO worth it.) This moisturizer is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Cheesedragon

It's really light weight and absorbs into the skin quickly.
After applying it I could see my skin becoming matte and it also felt smooth.
The only downside is the smell, but its no biggie.
Overall I like this product ! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by prettifulone91

I really like it so far. It keeps my face matte for almost the whole day .. then towards the end my skin has a pretty glow to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by iheartevil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So far I've had very minimal issues with this moisturizer. It seems to be adding just the right amount of moisture back to my face while keeping my face from becoming too oily. The price is very good for the amount of product you get. I'd prefer a pump type bottle, but that's my only packaging compliant.

This line doesn't treat acne, but I've pretty much given up on finding something to treat my acne and am settling for something that will keep it clean and not cause weird freak outs. So don't get this expecting to have it clear up your skin.

There is a smell, but I don't find it to be that bad. I actually rather like it. All the Formula 10.0.6 products I've tried so far have had a nice smell.

Some reviewers have said that it causes them to break out. I've not noticed that, but I am prone to breakouts so I likely wouldn't notice if it was. That said, I don't seem to be more broken out than normal.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ariablack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

NO! No, no, no, no, no.
Completely ruined my skin. Within a few days of wearing this I developed huge cystic pimples and rashes all over my face. Took me months to repair my skin. I hate this, I hate this, I hate this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kayeartemis

the only reason i wouldn't buy this again is because of the smell it has
i generally wear it to bed so it don't get oil on my pillows n stuff when i sleep but one night i put it on and my boyfriend at the time goes "eww what is that SMELL?!" n refused to kiss me at all until i washed it all off...
i don't mind the smell but it can be a bit funky i'll admit
works well other than the smell though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

Love this moisturizer. I bought this at Walgreens while looking for a different moisturizer that they didn't have in stock. This lotion has a wet feel to it when rubbed together in my hands, goes on smooth, and dries in a smooth, powder kind of way. I would almost use this on a lazy day in place of my tinted moisturizer. I personally am not sensitive to smells, and really haven't noticed a strong scent to this. I mix my own tinted moisturizer and am planning to use this in the mix. I'm pretty sure this will work out great for that, but I'll edit if it doesn't. All in all, great facial moisturizer :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim, like other have said, got sucked into the super trendy packaging and loved that it came in a squeeze tube. I've been looking for a lightweight moisturizer that would have a matte finish to keep my face from becoming super oily by the end of the day. I work 12 hour shifts some days, and I need a full proof skincare/makeup routine that can keep me as oil-controlled as possible on a budget.
So needless to say, picked this up for about $5 at my local Walgreens. Applied it the next morning and like the consistency and finish immediately. Towards the end of the day I noticed less oil particularly on my cheeks and T-zone but also noticed that I was getting two brand new and very large pimples on my cheeks... in a place I normally never get pimples.
I brushed it off, thinking it was my skin adjusting to the new product. The next day I apply it, don't seem to notice any new breakouts until I wash my skin that night and almost scream. Almost my entire face is broken out with the tiniest bumps I have ever seen. Almost like whiteheads, but smaller and extremely red and swollen. I was horrified, my skin has never looked worse and my skin crawls just talking about it. I immediately threw the moisturizer in the trash and the past few days have been trying to save my poor face. It's much better now, but needless to say I will never be purchasing from the product line again and I would highly recommend to all my MUA'ers to stay clear of this garbage and always, always, always READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU WASTE EVEN A CENT ON A NEW PRODUCT.