September 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I do not know whether any one noticed this or not but the numbering from powder foundation goes up and then the products are no longer called foundations but they are bronzers. There is a slight shimmer but not that noticeable. I tried Light and Medium and honestly, I apply light all over and Medium to my cheeks, forehead and chin as a bronzer. The coverage is great but if you are oily, you should wear a primer. I am NC 30 so my match would be Light and Medium is a bit darker and tanner. So if you are my coloring, you can go either way depending on how tan you want to look. It is true that the bronzers look lighter in the case versus how they appear on the face. So if you are very pale stick with the lower numbers. When I wash off my face, I notice that my skin looks incredibly nice and smooth. This tells me that the products are good for my skin. I believe these are one of the best products of PF for any skin type.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by dancer14927

I got this bronzer for free when it was packaged with the Healthy Wear SPF50 Powder, and I was pretty excited to use it based on the reviews.
The packaging of this bronzer is first, phenomenal. I love the mirror, and that there's space for a little brush underneath the product. I accidentally dropped this the other day, and the product was fine, which surprised me. I have been using my own powder brush to pick up the product since the brush included with it is a bit scratchy, but it does pick up the product well. This bronzer has a bit of glitter when it's in the pan, however once I put it on, I don't see any glitter. I'm actually using this bronzer for contouring now, just because I find it works better on my skintone (NC30) that way, but for fairer skintones it should work very well as a bronzer. It is a bit lighter than what I expected, but I'm still happy with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lois34

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have light-medium skin when i am my "tannest". I really want to try out a PF bronzer but i can't decide between the healthy wear bronzer or the solar bronzer one. Both of the reviews on the products say that it has very minimal shimmer, but i need a bronzer that looks matte so i can dust it all ovefr my face. Which one do you think I should get? what color so i look tanner?

I haven't bought this bronzer i am just asking the question here hoping i have more chance of someone answering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this bronzer to add a glow to my nw15 skin (plus a boost of spf 50). I use this in light and it looks perfectly natural, not muddy or orange at all. I swirl it on with my kabuki or a large blush brush. I have not used the brush included with it but I think it would be okay for touch-ups. A staple for summer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Update May 4, 2011: As soon as I stopped using this, my face cleared up.
This seemed to give me cystic acne on my chin. I am not acne-prone. Plus, the lightest shade was still pretty unflattering on my pale skin. This product just didn't work for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ccccsc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ust got this in a bogo pack with a foundation.I am using epiduo for acne and Have to wear sunscreen.After wasting alot of money on bad products,I finally listened to the Dr. and hit the PF dept.Like everyone else ,I thought this was way to light when I opened.I bought light.But it goes on so pretty.I have prob. been using way to dark of color before.This made my skin look healthy and smooth.Something I almost never find in a product.And the sunscreen is such a plus! Like I said ,it came in a bonos pack with the powder foundation and it was 50% off.So it was super cheap.I hope the foundation is as good.:)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just got this bronzer on a whim today at CVS cause I saw it in their little clearence section at the end cap LOL I always check there for cosmetics but anyways it is AMAZING!! I have it in light and I am NW15 from MAC but I am getting a bit tan so I could go NW20 so anyways it is LOVELY for contouring! The brush that it comes with is GREAT for contouring! It reminds me sort of the ones that come in the Benefit boxed powders but rounded. It is great to get right below the cheek bone I am not too sure if others like them for that but I do. The powder is light yes but I am so fair that anything else looks muddy on me so this is just what I was looking for. There is VERY slight shimmer in it but you can NOT see it when it is on the skin so thats great. Also the SPF 50 are you kidding me that is GREAT! A lot of high end bronzers dont even have that so that is a HUGE plus in my book. All I can say is that I do youtube beauty videos and I have to tell ALL my subscribers about this bronzer cause I know how hard it is to find a good bronzer that isnt orange or too brown for us fair skinned gals! I HIGHLY recommend this to everyone and I would totally buy it over and over. I was VERY glad to find this because I was just about to buy a MAC MSFN in 2 shades darker then the light one that I use cause I hear that is good too but this will save me A LOT of money using this!!
I hope this review helps someone! I really do LOVE this bronzer! They have other shades too I think 4.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hate to be the only one to leave a bad review but I am so disappointed in this product. I picked up Medium and I was so confused as to how pale this shade was, i mean, it is a bronzer right? I thought maybe it would look darker once I applied it but no. I've had foundation darker than this! I tried to build up color but that just ended up making me look cakey and didn't add much color. It simply looked like I tried to contour myself with my face powder and failed. And I don't even prefer a dark bronzer, I like to contour so I prefer a light bronzer so that it looks natural, only 1 maybe 2 shades darker than my skin tone but this is so light it doesn't make a difference. Another thing is I didn't feel like this went on nice and smooth, looked a bit chalky, made my skin blotchy and dirty. It made me look a bit dull, the opposite of what bronzer is suppose to do. That's just my experience with this, I think maybe it's because my skin is oily?
Cute packaging though.
For reference, I'm medium tone but tend to get pale in the winter time. Right now, I've been staying out of the sun and I'm a little pale(for me anyway) so I can't believe they call this a "medium." I think the medium would be a good shade for pale skintone and medium skintones definitely needs the tan shade. I'm guessing the girls who said they're fair-medium are more towards the fair side and I guess I'm a true medium because this doesn't show on my skin at all. I can't picture who would even be able to use the fair shade in this line (There are 4 shades to this line, not 3 as previously mentioned, fair, light, medium and tan). I don't think I'll be trying this in the tan either, just wasn't crazy about it in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Mellsers528

This bronzer came free with the Healthy Wear Foundation powder with SPF 50 and I love both of them. It's in Light but I can still use it to contour even though I'm used to slightly darker contour powders like MAC's Emote and Strada. I originally was using it as an all over bronzer and it's the perfect shade for my NC25 skin. Even though it's the Light shade, it shows up darker when applied and in the pan there appears to be tiny little shimmers but they don't show up on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by kaisofine

O.k. let me say when i first opened the bronzer i was scared it would be too light. But like other reviewers said it applies much darker to the skin and you can build the color. This bronzer looks very natural and matte. I got medium for my fair to medium complexion. Plus, i brought mines during a BOGO sale so i saved alot of money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No