September 23, 2014 | 1898 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I like the effect that this has on my dry,fine and curly hair. It moisturizes without being greasy and doesn't weigh down my hair either. The only reason I have marked it down, is because it seems so expensive, even though it lasts a while, I find that I have almost exactly the same results if I use plain olive oil/almond oil blend for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by mochablu

Apart from getting use to applying this treatment , after one use i think its great ! . As i have got older my hair has dropped more into a s-wave than ringlets and this product helped to put a spring back into my hair !. It is also for coloured hair ( which mine is ) and it seems to have helped some of the damage i have with my hair type , less frizzies too. It would be nice if they made a larger size as i feel this tube wont last long, especially for peeps with long hair like myself . I hope to see improved condition next time i use ! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by OldandCrabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a thick head of medium texture, wavy, dry, color treated hair cut in a short bob. I use a small dab (small pea size) of this, rub it between my palms and massage it into my damp hair. It is the only product I could find that added moisture, made my hair feel soft and silky and got rid of the static flyaways I get every winter. Also it did not weigh it down or make flat, limp or greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely AWESOME and has assisted in managing, maintaining and growing my hair and I am woman of color with coarse (4A/4B) hair which is 16-weeks post-relaxer (as of the date of this review). This product has completely softened my new growth and I believe the key to using this product successfully is how it is applied because if it is used per the product's directions you will not get the results as described - and thanks to YT Guru, EbonyCPrincess, I learned how to use this product and receive all of its intended benefits.

The method to using this product is easy; DO NOT WET THE HAIR for this product to work, really work, it must be applied on dry hair. Thus, part the hair, apply the product directly to the scalp, to the hair and to the ends (in short, from root-to-tip), and then repeat the process until all the scalp & hair has been treated with the product. Then put on a plastic cap and either sit under the dryer/dryer cap for 20 minutes or keep the plastic cap on for hour (or more) without heat to get the pre-shampoo treatment can penetrate the hair. Then rinse the hair and shampoo and condition as normal.

Trust me, if you do this method when using this product you will notice an immediate and significant difference to your hair for it will be softer, moisturized, more manageable, and glossier/shinier. I love product so much that I no longer use my homemade honey/olive oil/egg mixture on my hair because I get better results from this product and it has improved (read: re-instilled) the softness to my new growth and hair, and has also improved the condition of my dry scalp to the point that I no longer suffer from dry scalp. I love love love this product!!!

I hope this review has helped someone to discover and use a really good all natural hair care product because I, for one, am ecstatic that it is now valued part of my hair care regime.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask did nothing for my hair. It comes in a tube and smells pretty bad in my opinion. The directions say to keep on for a minimum of 15 minutes. I left mine on about 25 and shampooed/rinsed out. My hair didn't feel moisturized at all while in the shower, it actually felt a bit tangled. And yes, it was tangled when it was time to dry it. Ok, maybe it isn't meant to detangle but it didn't moisturize well. I prefer Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair Mask which makes my hair feel like silk in the shower and out. This Burt's Bees product is one that I will defnitely not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by RORYGORY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this deep conditioner. I've been using it for years. Every time I run out I think, maybe I should try something else... so I pick up a different conditioner treatment, but so far I haven't found anything that works as well, and I always end up going back to the store to get this! I adore the smell and even though it looks funny (dark green goo!) it feels great. I leave it in my hair while taking a bath, before shampooing, and it leaves my hair super thick, soft, and moisturized. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Green Goo is the only way to describe this product. It makes your hair very soft, but it smells digusting and it's hard to get out of the tube. I use this on my hair extensions every couple of weeks. My hair and the human extension are very easy to comb out. I am satisfied with the soft, silky results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved the way this product felt on my hair and the way it smells. And do what the directions say. Wet your hair first and then apply. It glides through the hair very easily and penetrates well. But I would not recommend it as a styling product. Seems too oily for that.
Overall the product is great BUT I can get the same results from doing a hot oil treatment as a pre-shampoo treatment and I can get more bang for my buck. This product cost about $9 for a little bit more than 4 oz.
UPDATE:
I love this product for my sons hair!!! He is bi-racial and has curly hair that can become dry through out the day. I use this treatment on him and also as a styling aid(a pea to a dime size). It holds his curls perfectly all day long with no hardness and keeps his curls shiny and moisturized with NO greasy look to it. A little goes a long, long ways.
My first review I had the price set at a 5 and I would not buy this product again. But now I have the price set at a 3 and I would and am going to buy this product again. I purchased this in August and still have a quarter to half of the container left.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by NikitaLolita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In addition to the great scent, what I love about this product is how my barely wavy hair will have fabulous waves/ curls after using this if I let it air dry. Or if I blowdry, I have incredible shine and my hair doesn't feel dry in the least. The key is not using too much.

Tip: it's a bit gooey to use, but if you run it under some warm water for just a sec, then be sure to really work it in your hands, it becomes a translucent ish gel that is a lot easier to work into your hair or scalp.

ETA: I use this primarily as a scalp treatment OR as a styling product. A major key to using it is really emulsifying it in your hands before applying it to your hair. Use only a little at a time and from your ears down. Only pass your hands through the upper parts of your hair when you've got barely any left on your hands. I will also use this when I feel like my hair is extra dry or if I've been abusing it/ styling it a lot.

You can find this for like $7 online; even $12 is a good value when you consider that this is a concentrated high quality natural product... we so often pay comparable prices for products that are all fillers and low quality with few natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product does what it says; it absolutely adds body, volume and shine. If your hair is damp, you need less product. I find a little more then the recommended amount is enough. I use this when i want to pamper myself.