Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/10/2013 8:43:00 PM

This trio is a wonderful color combination. While the shadows are shimmery, there isn't too much shimmer. I am a PPP, and the light color comes off as a light pink, which makes me look pulled together, but not too "done". Overall this is a nice trio to travel with and create a great office look. I would buy this again once I hit pan!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not sure if I just ended up with a dud, but I did not find these shadows to be anywhere near as pigmented as the other WnW Color Icon shadows I have tried. The pink is okay but nothing special, the brown has terrible pigmentation, and the white is a little chalky. I use this when I'm traveling because it is a convenient little trio but I almost never reach for it otherwise. Maybe I just ended up with a bad one, but I was disappointed by this trio.

on 5/7/2013 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a gazillion bronze and taupe eyeshadows, yet bought this because the brown/ bronze was neutral. Didn't pull orange like almost all bronze shadows, nor was it a grey tone taupe. It's nice to finally find one shadow that, for me, gets it right .

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

inexpensive and sparkly
lasts all day with a primer

gravitating more toward matte colors now, so I won't repurchase

on 4/17/2013 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wet'n'Wild does not play w/ their eyeshadows! The hype is real people. I paid $3 at Walgreens and after trying it, I went and bought Silent Treatment and Walking on Eggshells. I love them all. They are pigmented and long lasting! I use E.L.F. $1 eyelid primer underneath. And to anyone who doesn't trust this brand, these did not break me out or irritate my skin. WnW is really stepping up their game b/c I love their Megalast polish, Coverall foundation, blushes, and Megalast lipstick...and now I'm adding these eyeshadows to the list of must haves! If I had to mention one gripe, I wish they got rid of the crappy brushes that come w/ it and used stronger sleeker packaging. Regardless, these are my HG eyeshadows.

on 4/4/2013 6:13:00 PM

Very pretty shadows, work great if you use a base/primer, otherwise there is a LOT of fallout. A bit on the shimmery side, but I like them. Smooth, pigmented and easy to apply. Like all WnW shadows, they are very fragile. I wouldn`t recommend toting this around in your purse as they would break very easily.

on 4/3/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is soooo beautiful. I am shocked actually, that I reach for this more than my MAC shadows. The highlight color is beautiful, and use it alllll the time. The colors are pigmented and last all day. I always use a primer but they hold up awesome. Only downside is, I dropped this and the brown shade busted every where. I can still use it though. This happens with lots of powder products though, so no biggie. LOVE

I love WNW eyeshadows, this one wasn't my favorite. It's a great quality product, the colors just didn't look great on me, especially the pink. I agree with the previous commenter, "It's not you, it's me!" Lol. This is the ONLY wnw e/s I don't plan on repurchasing!

on 2/16/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this when it first came out. I believe its been reformulated since. I. Like the colors but I have large lids, dry skin, so this is too frosty for me. Also the pink shade is too bright for me. Its a lovely trio so this is one of those breakups when ya have to say, "its me not you. You were great."

on 2/12/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am loving WnW eye shadow so much these days it's crazy. They are so great and so cheap that they are almost like a mini currency to me (I.e. do I really want a grande skinny mocha or do I want THREE eyeshadow trios).

Nouveau Cheap posted that Rite Aid was having a 40% off Revlon and WnW sale, so I swung by and picked up 3 trios for $4.75. Of the three this was my favorite in terms of colors (am NW20, brown eyes, brown hair). The other two were also great quality, but I loved the rosy look I could create with this trio.

PROS
- soooo cheap - especially if you luck out with a sale
- long lasting
- no creasing even on my oily skin
- great colors
- great pigmentation
- minimal fall out if you use your own brush
- blend like a dream - on fact blend so smoothly you have to be careful not to blend them all into one color
- nice shimmer -- not too much for work

CONS
- BS brushes - I mean who uses these?
- WnW needs to take the money from the brushes and spend those on a nicer case
- Doesn't travel well - even in the display case you see some broken shadows
- Almost too blend able

These get a 5 lippies despite the cons cause no brand matches the dollar to value ratio of these. I wore this trio to work, colors as labeled, with black mascara, pink blush and gloss and it was a very pretty look. Even if you just like one color - so worth your money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials