October 25, 2014 | 1846 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by shelli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had always wanted to try these pins but the price has put me off. Today I stopped into the Dollar Tree and found them being sold for the whopping price of 1 buck! So I scooped one up and had that package open about 5 seconds after getting in the car.
The directions are easy, gather up hair in a pony, no elastic needed and twist. 1 pin twists in the top and 1 in the bottom, careful not to cross. 5 seconds to a secure bun! The bun isn't really my style so I did a loose twist, low on the side and pinned and it was so cute!! I went back and bought several more, for me and friends and my niece.
I have thin, wavy/curly hair. This product holds very well. Easy in and easy out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I have frizzy, knotty, incredibly difficult hair so I anticipated some problems in getting these pins to spin in. Lo and behold. I can't believe how easy it was to get them in and out, and how secure and comfortable they feel, unlike hair clips that are tight, pull your hair and also easily visible.

I have yet to try this on other styles apart from a high bun, but since this is my usual style, I'm quite happy even with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by malfaitivy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

whoa! i literally JUST bought these an hour ago, and already i'm in love. i have *extremely* long, thick, wavy hair in layers (with bangs) and i just this moment twisted my hair into a bun on top of my head (not even with a hair tie to make a ponytail first!), screwed these things in, and it's the most secure, comfortable, EASY bun i've ever had. usually when i put my hair up in a bun it's rather an ordeal with hair ties (usually they're not stretchy enough for my thick hair and they snap on me, even the good ones)- i usually have to put it up and take it down a number of times to get a really secure bun that also doesn't look ridiculous. my hair goes down to my hips, and, as i said, is quite thick (not coarse, not fine, but medium- but very thick) and these things are holding firm even if i bop my head around a bunch like i'm rockin' out to some good music or something. plus, my bun looks really natural. i didn't brush my hair out before putting it up (it was in a side braid that i'd slept in before i put it up) but it looks so cute and effortless. already i adore these things- the one bad thing is i'll have to be sure to keep track of them- they aren't cheap! i got them at a steep discount at walgreens (i used some points i'd racked up and spent $5 of my points towards them so they were only $2.something)- $7.something seems a liiiiittle steep for what amounts to two twisted pieces of wire, but hell- you can't find anything else like these out there, so i'd say it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

Estoy encantada con estas horquillas para el pelo, aunque todavía no se me ocurren mas look que un rodete clásico, son geniales porque agarran el pelo con seguridad, son fuertes (no son de plástico) y alcanza con dos para sujetar toooodo el pelo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sourclementine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Spin Pins!! I buy them at Walmart because its the only place I could find them for blonde hair and they're cheaper there. They take a bit to get a hang of but they make the most secure buns once you know how best to place them. I have long, thick, heavily layered and very slippery fine hair. Without spin pins, buns are not a possibility for me.
Make sure to tuck all your ends in tight before you start spinning!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jvdb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Easy to use and hold well when you twist the second pin across the first. Very handy when you have a messy bun you want to have secured.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by amarna_princess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these. I have thick, coarse, wild, wavy dark hair, and styling it is a nightmare. I typically stick with buns because they are easy, but I started to worry about breakage from elastics. I tried these out (the brunette pins) and they are great. They are pretty much invisible in my hair and they stay in forever - much more effective than hairpins. Of course, you may have a piece fall out of the bun every once in a while (when I used elastics, I'd just tuck it back in) but they are easy to use and I am able to get my hair to stay up in them pretty much all the time. They are not cheap but they've lasted me a while, and if I ever lose one or both I will go a buy another set. I don't know how they would work for fine hair but for thick (and sadly, somewhat naturally stiff) hair, these are very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ikissenglish

I love these. I have very fine hair, so for a neat bun I need four. I think the key to using these and having them stay is to twist your hair VERY tightly before you form a bun. For a low bun I divide my hair in two and twist the sections around each other many times until it's a very tight twist. Then I form a bun, twist these in , and I have a bun that lasts a whole ballet class. These also make great high buns. Love. I also think its cool to spin the pins into one another for easy storage so they don't roll all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by demam1101

Bought these today and LOVE them! I'm a single mother, work in an office, and don't usually spend a lot of time on my hair in the mornings. spending a minimal amount of time on my hair AND it looking good is just a bonus. Got them at Walgreen, regular price was 7, only paid 2.99 for them, so I was a happy woman!! AND, I have layers, of course it's not perfect, but it's a cute bun that stays up without pulling on my head and got them for a great price which was a huge bonus!!! :) I would definitely buy them again, and hopefully will catch them on sale because I feel the $7 normal price would be difficult to swallow being a single mom on a budget and all...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Goody Spin Pin keeps my hair off my shoulders, but it gets tangled when I try to twist it out if my hair is not completely straight. This is a problem as I usually wear my hair wavy until it grows back out. The point of me buying it was to protect my hair from breaking but with the tangling I feel like I'm snapping my hair off anyway.