Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 1/3/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My big complaint about most blushes is that with 2 swipes- wham, overload .IMO nothing is more aging than an overdose of blush.
I have blushes from Hard Candy, ELF, NYX,Milani but none is like Santa Rosa. Rimmel Santa Rosa is a glitter free, natural pink and you can buff it in to a natural finish.Skip the apples of cheeks, place it from top of ear to mid cheek . In daylight, you will not look like a drag queen, just fresh and healthy.
EDIT: 1st blush I have ever hit pan on. Gotta find a new one now.

on 12/15/2012 3:22:00 AM

lovely and healthy peachy pink colour, which i find ideal. it appears to have some shimmer in the box, but when applied, leaves a really nice sheen without any obvious glitter or shimmer. it's a good price for a blush and i shan't complain about the packaging - it is very simple and its small size adds little bulk to my makeup bag.

on 11/2/2012 12:05:00 PM

Beautiful color, looks very natural, but hate hate hate the packaging ! I got the version with no brush and that's super tiny

on 10/26/2012 5:01:00 PM

i LOVE this blush. it's HG of the HG. i have the old version with the crappy plastic lid that comes completely off and has no brush... but the color is absolute perfection on my skin. i am NC20-ish with naturally flushed cheeks (that peek through even when i use foundation powder). the blush itself is a gorgeous peachy pink with slight shimmer (reminiscent of NARS deep throat) that doesn't make my natural flush redder. i can use it lightly for a polished flush or heavily for a defined pop of color. even if i pile it on it doesn't look bad. foolproof. i saw the reformulated version with the flip lid and brush and it looks different although i cannot confirm this yet (looked more like a nude-ish peach). i wish i had bought back-ups of this in the original formulation / packaging. it's my absolute favorite (above MAC, NARS, etc)!

on 10/15/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Worth the hype. This is probably my most reached for blush. It works for daytime and nightime. This is the color of my natural blush. It's so suddle and pretty, it's matte with a couple sparkles that's very flattering. The only downside is that the packaging is a little flimsy, and the staying power isn't great but for the price that's okay. It doesn't look like much in the pan, but please take a chance on this blush you won't be disappointed !

on 10/11/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this blush it gives out the prettiest color and is perfect for any time of day and style of makeup

on 10/10/2012 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Initially I wasn't too sure if I liked this blush yet have been able to make a more accurate judgement once I had the right foundation underneath.

It throws off a more peachy brownish colour on me which I love.

It applies lightly yet builds up slowly which I also like & leaves a healthy natural look.

I have used it as an eyeshadow when I'm in a rush & just want to apply something neutral on either my lids or edge of my brow bone.

The packaging is very average yet isn't flimsy enough to break. I love the brush as it seems to give me more control on wear I place it.

I recommend this blush & for $4, I will definitely repurchase.

Update: I've been using this as a eyeshadow base & love the colour. I apply it to my lid & crease & apply a cream or beige on my brow bone & it looks lovely for a natural/day look. Having a better foundation underneath makes this blush so much better on me. With these two points in mind & for the price I've added one lippie.

on 10/1/2012 4:31:00 PM

i love it! its looks like nothing much in the pan, but onee you put it on your cheeks, it instantly gives you a warm glow. i think its a perfect year-round blush, too! :)
another plus: its wears for a surprisingly long time.

on 9/28/2012 6:31:00 PM

I was walking around the makeup section at Target looking at different blushes. I am usually not a big fan of Rimmel, but I stopped to look anyway. Santa Rose immediately caught my eye. It looked like such a pretty color in the pan. I like lighter colored blushes that give off a light flush on the cheek vs. darker ones. So I was little worried about the color being too dark, but decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. This color is absolutely beautiful! It gives a perfect flush of natural color and adds definition to the cheeks. This is definitely my go-to for blush from now on!

on 8/25/2012 6:25:00 PM

I liked this, just didn't love it. I liked the color, but I found to get enough color onto my cheeks I had to scrub my brush into it like a mad woman. Just seemed wasteful that I had to pile it onto my brush to get the color.