MAC Paint Pot in Coral Crepe [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3

4.6

on 7/22/2010 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

You have to be careful. This could make you look like you have a rash. My boyfriend told me that! lol! I went shopping and bought this. After I HAD to put it on because I loved it so much. I applyed this to my lid along with a crease color. I asked my bf what he thought and he said it looked like I had a rash. Makes me laugh every time I think about it. I agreed with him and added another color to the outer corner of my lid. Blended it all in and it looked great. It no longer looked like a rash. You have to really work with this color for it to work. You can't have straight out coral crepe on the lid.

That being said.. Coral Crepe lasts the whole day with minimal fading. I think after a while near the end of the day I did feel like I had to reapply. But it was just a little bit faded. I put it on over my painterly paint pot. I love the price of the paint pots.

I work in the biggest salon on the east coast. I have gotten so many compliments from clients on this. I always rave to people about the paint pots and when they hear how much they seen to think it's expensive. But it lasts forever in that little pot. Making the price nice for the long run I tell them.

on 7/9/2010 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Paradisco has always been one of my absolute all time favorite shadows so naturally when my sister told me about this stuff I saw how gorgeous the coral color was and it instantly reminded me of my favorite shadow. This lasts all day and has become part of my almost everyday look. Paired with a little Paradisco on top and some nylon as a brow highlight and I'm all set. Very pretty & seriously PERFECT for summer! I think more ppl should give corals a try. I find them to be awakening and really flattering!

on 6/26/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

While I do love MAC, adore MAC Paint Pots, and am almost always a sucker for all cosmetics coral, peach, rust-colored, or orange, this item was ultimately a return for me. I purchased it the very day that the lovely Pret-a-Papier line hit stores, and was initially entranced by the shade, which is admittedly gorgeous in the pot: a true coral, with a decent (though certainly not disco-ball like) dose of shimmer. I applied it with my favorite brush for emollient cosmetics, my MAC 242 Shader - no complaints there, as it applies evenly and wears well during the course of the day when layered over Too Faced Shadow Insurance or a similar shadow primer. I also found that Coral Crepe brought out the blue in my eyes dramatically, as it is a complementary color. That said, I did not find this shade as easy to wear as many other similarly-colored eye shadows on the market, perhaps because of its clear red undertones (or maybe that's just my imagination). All I can say is that my SO instantly remarked on the way in which Coral Crepe made me appear as though I had been punched in the eyes...definitely not a look that I strive for - and this is coming from someone who likes to wear MAC Rule eyeshadow (a true, matte orange), so I am not afraid of a little color!

on 6/24/2010 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was lucky to have ordered this from the website a few weeks ago. I'm Asian with dark brown eyes and this coral shade is very flattering! This is my first paint pot and I will definitely be trying more of them! Since I'm only now getting into eyeshadows (my regular look has been just a neutral shade with black liquid liner and mascara), I don't have a lot of "colorful" shades but I do have the Urban Decay BOS II and from that palette I use Half Baked on top of Coral Crepe and the combination is so pretty! Gives almost an exotic Indian summer look. Highly recommend and I doubt there are dupes for this out there so grab one if you still can!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Want a way to spice up ANY regular old eyeshadow look?
Then try this paint pot!

OMGOMGOMG, I cannot express how much of a huge fan I am of coral eyeshadow looks! It really brings out the green in my regularly blue eyes. I love this just by itself for when I'm rushing to school, or putting this under neutral eyeshadows to totally change their color and make them look like they have a hint of coral. SO GORGEOUS! And no, this does not make your eyes look red and raw, like I thought it would before I bought it. It just adds a nice hint of color that I think would be beautiful on people of any race! If you don't have this Paint Pot, go out and get it before its gone! =)

XOXO,
Desireé(:

on 6/17/2010 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such an amazing color! I rushed over to Mac store after reading so many rave reviews and was startled to see the salmon/coral color at the pot, unsure if it'll look good on me. See I'm an Asian with yellow undertone so I have to be very careful doing coral color. I dabbed a bit on my eyelids and they turned out to be gorgeous on me! My entire face is brought back alive with my facial feature popping out! It doesn't make my eyes look swollen as some of the red/coral eye shadows do on me. In fact I think the color enhances the yellow tone on me and makes it a healthy glow. I bought it without a doubt and put it on the first time at work this morning. My coworker instantly noticed it and complimented how pretty I looked!

The coral crepe paint pot is highly pigmented. A little dab and rub on the eye lids will do the trick. I think this will be my everyday eye color from now on and I'm so glad I could still find it (they are sold out at Mac website). If you can find it in your area BUY it!

on 6/16/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Coral is the color for this summer! Applies a little patchy when I used my finger, using a concealer brush this applies better. Lovely coral color to wear alone or pair with other corals/orange shadows. I use straw harvest, sand &sun over it with a bronze in crease or fire cracker from ttb by mac. When used a good coordinating color it really made my eyes pop and defined them also.

on 6/13/2010 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my second paint pot (first one being Painterly). I really love this bright coral color on my eyes. It brightens up my face and gives me a natural look. I use it with the tissueweight eye shadow.

on 6/12/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love this paint pot. I have several MAC paint pots and the only one I use on a regular basis is groundwork - it is okay, but that is for another review. This pp is not as thick as the other pp, and I consider that a good thing. (Btw, I don't have oily lids.) This is one of the few pp that I can wear alone as an eyeshadow, probably due to the "thinness" of it. On its own, this is a light coral, in the color family of expensive pink, paradisco and the like. As a base, this is awesome with most of the neutral shades I wear. It adds an extra "omph" to the neutral look. It also serves me well as a transition color, and I am especially liking it with relaxed shadestick on the lid, coral crepe pp as the transition color and sun rush lustre drops as a highlight. This is a summer eye that I only need my fingers to achieve. This should become permanent, since it is a color that works well with neutrals but is still colorful. I would get a backup, but it takes me a long time to go through a pp, so maybe by the time I finish this one, it will be repromoted. I'm NC45, for reference.

on 6/10/2010 7:48:00 AM

Love this paintpot. It's my favorite. Goes on as a very pretty coral on my lids when I want to do a bronzey neutral eye. Spreads on very easily, not like Painterly, which is very dry for me. I put Tissueweight on the inner eye, Expensive Pink on the other side, a dark brown like Embark in the crease and Cocomotion pigment above the crease for a touch of bronzey glittery gold. Brule from the brows down to blend everything together and a touch of Shroom for highlight right at the bone. I love this look, its perfect for work.