April 20, 2014 | 1287 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Jasmine Water BB Cream SPF 30 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by EveAmaranthe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is easily one of my favorite BB creams. It's also one of the few that matches my skin tone well without the white cast some other creams have. Most of the others I've tried made me look very pale, but this one is a perfect match for me - for reference, I'm NC15. It also lasts for hours even in humid weather, and controls shine better than most of the other creams I've tried.

The only thing I'd change is the amount of product in the tube. When I opened it for the first time it felt like it was only half full. It's also more expensive, but I feel it's worth paying a little extra for a great color match and a formula that works for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by VENUSPEH

Coverage is good. Thick and do not need to apply too much. 1 Tube can use very long. Bit oily, but still acceptable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by etherpowered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I almost can't believe it. A face makeup that doesn't turn me orange, flake all over my skin, or look like a mask.
Ok, I'm sold.
As with any bb cream, it's always a mystery what will come out of the tube, since these products are labeled in other languages and are manufactured in Asian countries.
I got out my foundation brush and got to work. No orange tint, good coverage, and moisturizing! Best of all, I still had my natural looking blue white vampire skin looking back at me.
The drag queens call the process of setting foundation as "cooking". This stuff needs to cook. The setting process for this BB cream really does take longer, and it's impressive to see how it oxidizes over 10 minutes. The coverage is light, but it still manages to cover imperfections, while letting your natural skin tone come through. I have applied it with both my fingers and a brush, and either way works.
There's only been a few times when I've had to use concealer with this bb balm. Otherwise, my erase paste is sitting in a drawer.
At the factory they must have forgotten to add the jasmine scent to my tube, because it has no scent that I can detect. Maybe my next tube will be different. In any case, I recommend this to any acne prone pale girls - but take that with a grain of salt, of course. Foundation is always a crap shoot.
Decent SPF in this one - it's deflected the Texas sun - that's impressive!

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by 0Bicycle0

Second BB cream I've tried, aside from Missha's Perfect Cover in #13. I ordered them both as they seemed to be the two lightest shades I could find. I have very pale skin (lighter than NC 15) and was really hoping that this would be my go-to, but it seems that on my very neutral pale complexion (i.e. no pink undertones! Just pale as paper) it comes out looking strangely darker than my neck/body with almost a pink/grey putty-colored hue. It's a shame because I love the scent and the coverage, which is fuller than Missha's and allows me to wear less concealer. Unfortunately, Jasmine Water is very moisturizing and can make someone whose skin already "glows" look like their skin is oily even after they've just washed it. What's worse is that my skin DOES eventually get very oily, so it requires touching up with a little powder often. However, my mom who has dry skin tried this and loved it, and it didn't make her look oily at all. Odd.
I'm keeping this as a backup, because despite my harsh description, it doesn't look bad-- just a tiny bit off.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by nhice16325

i was doing my research for a good bb cream before and this based on my research is the best.. so i ordered online since its not available in my country but it took 7 weeks and still i havent got my item.. i was able to try other bb creams while i wait for my order before they figure out to send me samples.. im so excited to try their product..ive tried it and unfortunately im disappointed.. the first day ive used it i had a skin breakout.. good coverage but feels heavy on skin... and it makes my skin look oily... another problem is that its too light for my skin.. even though ive waited for 5-10 mins for the cream oxidize to match my skin tone still its too light.. i believe this will work for fair skin toned people but not good on asian skin...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Catherin3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this bb cream for about two years, and am coming to the end of my tube, and therefore having to make the decision of whether to purchase this again or not. Sadly, I don't think I will be buying this again. What I love about this bb cream is the color- it is very pale, with pink undertones, which is almost my exact match. It also gives a beautiful light to medium coverage, evening out my skin tone and giving a lovely dewy finish. It has never broken me out and feels quite comfortable to wear, and doesn't fade for a good part of the day. And of course, it has a nice subtle smell of jasmine. However the texture of this bb cream is extremely thick, and therefore it is very difficult to apply, and often I end up with streaks, or caking, or the bb cream settling into fine lines and clinging to dry patches. Primer makes no difference. It also takes a long while to set, so even if I manage to apply it nicely, it will still cake if I try apply anything over the top, therefore making it fairly bad as a makeup base (and not so nice for mornings when I am in a rush and don't have time). I love the overall finish with this bb cream, but it too often doesn't end up like that. This bb cream isn't the cheapest out there either. Overall, I really want to love this bb cream, but its thick, unworkable texture just annoys me too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My current favorite BB cream. I was so happy to find a BB cream that didn't have a yellow or grey undertone. Even though I have light skin with neutral undertones, I actually find this beige-pinkish color to fit me pretty well. Also, it blends beautifully with the skin and gives you a dewy, smooth, perfect look! Plus, it doesn't break me out.
My only complain is that I would like a higher SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by kcoutts

This is my first BB cream. I chose it to match my pale skin, but it is even paler than my NC 20 skin. It blends well and does appear as if I am wearing very little makeup. I use three rice grain size blobs and spread them quickly, but it very rapidly becomes hard to spread with the tiny amount.

My freckles still show through, but overall my skins looks even. My wrinkles become emphasized if I put too much on. I don't mind the slightly grey colour to it because it eventually blends in to look fairly natural.

It does not feel heavy or greasy and most importantly, it does not make my skin feel itchy or feel made up, as is the case with my traditional liquid foundations from MAC. It feels as if I am wearing nothing. It has not caused me to break out (I am prone to acne) and I have not used any special methods to cleanse out of my ordinary facial wash.

I love the smell of jasmine and I can smell it for a short while after application. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted the BRTC Aqua Rush but it was OOS. So left deciding between this and the caviar and finally purchased this due to the lighter shade. I am NC20/25 for ref and I must say this is slightly too light for my skin but I like it that way. For those who like their bb and fndt to match exactly then this would be too light. Would prefer a pump. Lovely scent, low-medium coverage, dewy finish but leaves my skin feeling matter and not greasy unlike my other skin 79 one. After 10 hours of travelling, hot, humid polluted weather, I found that it didnt feel *yucky, greasy, dirty* (I don't use any facial blotters/tissue/powder touch-ups troughout the day) I have been using this 4 days straight, so far no breakouts, don't see any significant clogging. I am liking this for now and this is a great intro to the BRTC line. Am eager to try their other bb's

Edit 5/5/12 : After purchasing both the gold caviar and aqua rush, jasmine and caviar are my equal faves however nether are perfect. Jasmine has great scent, great blendability, looks dewy and not oily. However, shade is slightly too light and the SPF is not high enough at 28++. Caviar is darker tint, heavier and oillier but richer for dry skins and higher SPF 50+++ . I was disappointed initially that the aqua rush was out of stock but I managed to order it online for the same price but a bigger size! So that was good. Overall Jasmine is a nice in between of caviar and aqua rush. (Though aqua rush is targetted for dry skin, the Jasmine one is MUCH MUCH better. Aqua actually leaves me more matte, better for oily skins IMO)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by miss_lolo

I actually really liked the consistency and finish of this BB cream, even more so than my chosen Missha M Perfect, but the colour was way off for my pale skin. At first it seemed fine (it's quite a light shade) but after applying it, it would turn a bizarre shade of pink/grey that was much darker than when I first applied it. I didn't mind the jasmine scent which is quite strong, like jasmine tea.

PROS:
Smooth easily blendable liquid
Dewy finish
Good tube - would be able to use all the product

CONS:
Changes colour on skin!