September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick in a Tube Mattifying Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for my nose. I like it, but be careful if you use too much then sometimes you get a white residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by FlyboyTCX

I heard so many great reviews about this product then I noticed the underlying horror stories. Despite this I purchased it from Urban Decay in Debenhams and was a little disapointed with the size of the tube for the amount of money that I paid however I was desperate for a solution to my daily touch ups. The first day I wore it I used it like a typical primer but remembering to only use a miniscule amount to avoid any odd effects that have been previously mentioned in other reviews. I gently patted it onto my face then applied my foundation and powder.... So far so good! However around 3 hours later I noticed I was getting a tad shiny for my liking and upon furthur inspection I found my foundation had 'Cracked' and was almost flaking off my skin. I instantly knew that it was the Urban Decay product because my makeup only had defects in the region that I applied the De-slick in a tube. Again the same occured the next day. I decided I would persavere and try a differant method of applying: I prepared my face as usual and then applied my foundation and set it with my powder then I very gently applied the De-Slick gel in the regions that usually get a little oily (T-Zone, Sides of nose etc) after a full day at college I found that my makeup was considerably better than the 2 previous days. By the end of the day I still had a relativly matte face with no excess oil and my makup had not cracked. Therefore I think this product requires a little percerverence till you find what works best for your skin. Obviously everybody has differant skin types etc etc so the product may work better on some skin types than others. Hope this helps x

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Felspar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have pretty oily skin, and before I started using this as a primer, my make-up usually melted off my face before noon. These days, I put de-slick on under my foundation (Revlon colorstay), and my makeup is still in place when I go to wash my face at night! The most I ever have to do is powder my nose around dinnertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by mlinyear267

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I returned this today :( Sadly I was overly enthusiastic and should have given it more time. This stuff leaves a very white residuce even when I'm light handed and makes it impossible to buff in my mineral foundation. Not sure why it worked so well the first couple of times. I just don't like using it over my foundation since I wear powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I use this only on my nose. It helps foundation to stay on my oily nose. It works reall well. I am happy with this product overall. I wouldn't use it on my whole face though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Dashaway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does the job and worked in the high humidity. The only thing is if you use too much it does leave a chalky white residue.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does not apply as smooth or creamy as I would like. It kinda get a little powdery as your putting it on, I hated it. Sure it mattifies, but the application is horrible and it feels slightly heavy. Skip it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by honeyyummy

Even though this is little tube it expensive I feel it's worth it. Also you only need to use a little bit of the product. I started out using this as a base, and as most people said it wasn't working out too well. I finally started to apply it over my makeup and WHAT a difference it made! My t-zone stayed matte throughout most of the day I might have to touch-up once. A good tip would be to "pat" on the gel instead of rubbing it on. I find it works better this way :]

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was initially wary of this product; I bought it blind with hopes for it working as a primer, and when I checked the reviews I saw that it did not perform well as a base. A majority of the reviews (and the box) recommend using it OVER makeup as a touch up, but like I said, I was kind of skeptical. I guess I felt like putting this on over my foundation, concealer, and powder was going to basically wipe all of these things away, effectively erasing any coverage I had achieved. After a week or so of eyeballing the box and contemplating a return, I finally caved and used it on my sweaty, oily, shiny t-zone midday. And it worked! Not only was my foundation still in place, but my nose, forehead, and chin were smooth and shine-free. Fast-forward a few hours, and it's still going. I actually really like this product, as it delivered matte, yet natural looking skin, and continued to help control the oilies. The texture of the product is certainly thick, but you really only need a small amount for good results-- anything more than a teeny dollop (the size of a pin head, or small bead) would probably be too much and feel yucky. My only gripe is that for the price you pay for this, you aren't getting much product. I was very surprised to see how small the tube was when I opened it, but I think this is going to last for awhile. So if you have the money for a splurge, I'd give this a try. It's a nice product if you give it a chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by hawtsauce123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried both the UD de slick in a tube and UD de slick spray, and have found that the tube form is much more effective. The tube should be used for people who are more oily from the start. I have very, very oily skin and usually stick to bare minerals, but enjoy the coverage of liquid foundation for a few special occasions. I put this on under my liquid foundation, and again over my liquid foundation when it dries. AMAZING. My skin is oil-free for about three or four hours and when it gets oily again I put a small amount on my fingers and dab over the oily spots again , right over my make-up, and go on with my day. It's very transparent so it is able to be worn alone. The only thing I would love is if I could get a few more hours before I had to dab it on again, but it's the closet thing to perfect I've tried. It's a definite re-buy!!!!