April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great coverage as a foundation and setting powder. Love! Feels nice and light as well

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by shetem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin which breaks out with a lot of makeup foundations. When I tried this foundation it didn't irritate my skin and it covered all my imperfections. It didn't get cakey or make my fine lines more noticeable. My sister didnt even think i was wearing makeup! There are a lot of color options which is great. I need a full coverage foundation and I apply about 2-3 layers and it still doesn't look like a mask. I do use the hydrating spray with it as well as a separate primer and it comes out beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by phoenixstar1976

So disappointed with this!! I was looking to replace my BE mineral foundation, as it has started irritating my sensitive skin. I thought this would be similar, but of higher quality. This would probably be good for very oily skin. I have dry skin, and even with a GOOD moisturizer on, this immediately turns my face into a horrendous matte powdery mess-yuck! It looks terrible, dry and totally unnatural. Not all mineral foundations are created equal, and more expensive doesn't always mean better!!
On a side note, I also got the Pom-mist spray and not a fan of this either. The smell is overwhelming, and when you spray it on your makeup, the mist is not fine enough and your makeup RUNS down your face! Sprayed on my hand it's sticky. I know it's a different product, but meant to be used together. Not impressed. These were my first JI purchase, and these have scared me away...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by msjohns888

Expensive, but a little goes a long ways. I have horrible skin but people complement me when I'm wearing just this and a concealer. I've had my powder all winter and I'm only sad that I'm too tan to wear it now and need a summer color. The color is my exact match senna (I'm an nc20 in the winter). Lovely, just lovely. I would also highly recommend the Jane Iredale BB cream, superior coverage but so natural. Better than Laura Mercier and that's saying a lot because Laura Mercier is a longtime favorite line of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by babooner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looooooooove this foundation. It feels very light, not noticeable at all. Wearing it, you sort of glow softly, without looking like you've been at a highlighter, and you will never get an odd make up line at your chin, no matter how much you brush on. As a mineral foundation, it's also a physical sunscreen (around SPF 15 I believe, but it really depends on how much you apply) which makes me a happy puppy because I don't feel as guilty about not reapplying throughout the day.

I find that this make up is so much more long-wearing than liquid foundations. It doesn't disappear from areas by the end of the day or transfer onto everything. The packaging (gold coloured metal with embossed logo) looks expensive and has a decent heft to it.

I'm in between Golden Glow (medium with warm undertone) and Latte (darker medium with brown undertone) and go with Latte. I feel that Golden Glow does make you look brighter/warmer, but going a shade down ensures you get better coverage. Apparently it doesn't matter of there isn't a shade which matches you exactly as the light diffusing properties will fix that up. I do note, however, that if you apply a lot of foundation and/or have a very pale chest, the colour difference between face and body is noticeable, but not necessarily ugly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Migs007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BEST minerals out there. This is the best mineral foundation and it does not contain bismuth, which causes that crazy reflective quality (in a bad, bad way) that enlarges pores and causes breakouts! This is the only one I have found that doesn't have it. The color selection is awesome, but definitely go in for a match. It lasts forever too. I think it would easily last a year or more. The immediate output is a lot, but it ends up being super cost effective.

I have combination skin- literally, dry, oily, & sensitive. I've found the products that work for me without drying me out and leave me balanced. I had to try a lot in order to get to the best routin. I have enlarged pores just below and on each side of my nose, between my cheeks and my nose. I have found most minerals don't work for me because of the enlarged pores, although I have wanted to use them because they are so natural. I have tried them all, this one is the *best*. The finish is outstanding. I first apply my vitamin C, then my hyalyronic acid (although this is sticky and would probably go on even better w/o this), then I apply my neutrogena healthy skin, then my elta spf 46 for sensitive/acne prone skin (note that I do not have acne, just super sensitive skin and I don't have acne because I really make sure the products I use do not cause acne, otherwise I would end up with a blemish, not a lot, but I would have 1 or 2 always going if I didn't take good care of my skin. After I let that all settle a bit, I spritz some water onto my face (whatever brand you like is fine) then, I apply using my real techniques stippling brush. This is the BEST applicator for this product.

While this is not my HG, it is what I use because it's the closest mineral product I've found.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was using Colorescience pressed powder before this. The colour was great in the summer but it looked too dark when my tan faded. Since the next colour down was too light, I decided to try Jane Iredale's pressed powder.

I have olive toned skin, that can tan quite easily in the summer but gets light in the winter. I started off using the colour latte. I used it for a while until I thought it was too dark. Then I went one colour down to rivieria. I like this colour better because it has no yellow or pink undertones. The colour below this which would have matched me perfectly was too yellow. So ask the skin care specialist (you can usually only buy this brand at spas/derms offices) to tell you what colour you need, or to see what colour undertones you may have.

As per the actual product, this has fewer ingredients than Colorescience and the ingredients that it does have are far more natural. Also this one has SPF 20. It's a full coverage powder but you can easily apply it for a light finish. I usually go over my face with the handi brush twice. This makes my skin look flawless and I don't use any primer or concealer.

All-in-all a good powder with minimal ingredients that will not aggravate acne-prone skin. A good alternative for people who loathe the feeling of foundation but want full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by JessieBro

Pros:
SPF20 - Easy to put on - Many colours - Refillable - No artificial preservatives - No fillers or FD&C dyes - Oil Free

Cons:
Price, but because this product is soo good it's ok with me.

All through this is my favorite and go-to powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So good I'm almost speechless! The previous review is spot-on!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by skylarbee4

My skin: mild kp around jawline, mild rosacea in cheeks and jaw, mild sun damage, hormonal breakouts but otherwise pretty clear, oily t-zone but normal everywhere else, and SENSITIVE!

Pros:
Refillable
SPF rated by American Cancer Society
No artificial preservatives
No fillers or FD&C dyes
Oil Free

Cons:
Price- although it's comparable to other mineral makeups that aren't nearly as good and that are diluted with fillers and other nasty stuff.

Part two of my HG foundation! I use the loose and pressed powders interchangeably for different looks. The pressed powder is slightly more sheer but can be built up to cover any extra redness- without going cakey. I use this as my concealer as well. The finish is also very matte. I use an oil control primer OR the JI BB cream (Glow Time in bb5) underneath this and it leaves my skin looking so natural yet it perfectly evens out my skin tone. It stays on throughout the day until I take it off at night- even if I'm sweating- as long as I'm not wiping my face constantly. And it does not make my skin break out- these powders are inert- no bacteria can grow in them! (So keep those brushes clean because that can be what is causing those breakouts!)

I love this makeup so much that I'll never buy any other foundation because of the simple fact that I can trust that these products are pure and clean and undiluted- they do what they're supposed to and they look great on my skin!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No