October 24, 2014 | 1733 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by carick85

I used to love this foundation, but my love has turned into hate! If you have acne or red acne spots, this will not cover it without a separate concealer, unless you really pack it on with a sponge. I was going through a compact every month, and it's not cheap. More importantly, they claim that this foundation is non-comedogenic.. wrong! After using this for about a year and changing around my skin care routine, my face was still congested and breaking out. I started looking into the ingredients and found that algae extract is rated 5 (extremely comedogenic). Using products rated 2 and up are a huge no no when you have skin that easily clogs and break out. I'm now using Faerie Organics mineral makeup which is working out great so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by finnybinny1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.
I have oily, large pored, sensitive skin.

I love that Latte is an exact match for my skin tone, I love that it is near waterproof, it really sticks around all day and I work in a hot humid environment. I love its natural sheen, not too matte, not too shiny. Just right, like freshly cleaned skin. It also doesn't break me out at all.

I dislike that it emphasizes every single pore on my face using the Handi brush. Using a puff yields even worse results. I am not wrinkled up yet, but this product makes the skin in the undereye area look very crepey.
However.... after I complained to the lady where I purchased it, she told me that It needs to be buffed into the skin, or misted, to "set it'. I tried both, and both help. I use a slightly damp sponge and pat my skin and it seems to help. Also, a very light application of a silicone primer AFTER the Pure Pressed Base seems to melt it into those pesky pores and crepey things. I tried a primer before to no avail, but after really helps.

Color and staying power are perfect. I'm so oily I still shine up midday, but that's ok, this is better than most. But darn the texture issues! If I wasn't so oily I would try the liquid version of this, but I don't want to waste money on an experiment.

Even though I like the satin finish, I think it's the sheen that highlights the micro-orangepeel texture of my oily skin.

The coverage is excellent if you already have a decently even tone with mild imperfections. It's buildable, but with caution, you might look like crepe paper with too much.

So far, I am getting best results with texture using Per*fekt, and had decent results when Avon Magix Tinted was still around. I just wish those had slightly more coverage and came in Latte. I must need spackle for the pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kazina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this powder foundation when I first began to use it, but have since changed my mind. It applies really well and has a satin finish to stop it from looking too matte. I don't like wearing foundation mostly because I don't like how obvious it can look in certain areas, like on my nose, and this never has that problem. It looks like actual skin. When you first put it on it might look a tad powdery, but after about half an hour it blends with the natural oils on the face and looks *perfect*.

So what's the problem? I've realised it makes my face more shiny than when I don't wear it. My skin is very oily and not usually sensitive at all, and yet there is some ingredient in this powder that makes my skin feel annoyed, like a mildly hot sensation. This is not particularly unpleasant, but I think this is what makes my skin more oily. I thought it might have been the bismuth people were talking about in the old formula, so I ordered a new one to see if the formula was different, same issue. One day I finally did a test, I put my old Jane Iredale compact on a quarter of my face, the new one on another quarter, no foundation on the third quarter and a Kanebo Media powder foundation on the fourth quarter. After about two hours it became obvious that the two parts with the JI powder on were a lot more shiny than the part with nothing, and the part with the Kanebo powder was least shiny of them all. Such a shame since the finish of the Kanebo is not as nice, but oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by porerelations

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm thrilled with this pressed mineral foundation. It has moderate coverage, but can be layered. It covers redness and imperfections. What sets it apart is that it does not irritate my extremely sensitive skin. The gold compact is elegant and well-made, and I like the idea that it is re-fillable. The color shades are vast - and as a girl with light, cool skin with pink undertones, the color Natural was perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Abby1989

I've been using this for a year now, repurchased 7 times. frankly I believe this is the only foundation that will not cause breakouts. I was a Mac liquid foundation user for 4 years and suffered from all sorts of break outs. this foundation smells great not chemical- like, stays on pretty well, (although perhaps one touch up is necessary) and covers well. the best thing is; I don't feel like i'm putting something cloggy on my skin.

the only cons are that it is expensive, above $50 SGD depending on where you get it. and mine lasts only slightly more than a month :( and I sometimes feel like i need to apply more than one layer to achieve complete coverage.

I swear by jane iredale! however i've tried the BB cream and immediately broke out. so will stay away from that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect min foundation!! I have used bare minerals (bismuth burned/itched), Mary Kay mineral (dried me out)... So after reading that this is like 'the best' and the ingredients seemed like a go I guessed at shade light beige. I am light w pink undertones (nw 20, diorskin 22, guerlain 12) and its a completely perfect match, like there is no line at all! I put about 2-3 layers on w my sephora 45(? I think?) mineral foundation brush and the finish. Is. Flawless. Doesn't settle into lines except I'd maybe stay away from layering too thick as a concealer right under the eye, as it looks a little Dry (but DOES it ever cover those circles!!). I use a touche eclat type product then layer lightly over. Lasts all day on my combo skin. Use benefit stay flawless under after all skin care & sunscreen. Oh, and as a setting powder! One light coat w a large loose fluffy powder brush and you're golden! Works better than any I've tried. Follow w my bronzer & blush, a light layer of meteorites on top... Perfection. Oh and the compact is sturdy and luxe. Looks like you have naturally PERFECT skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by rs412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder foundation I've ever used. It truly mimics skin (if you find a colour that matches your skin exactly). It's perfect for those with problematic skin i.e. acne or combination skin. I've struggled to find a foundation that had full coverage yet didn't cause me to breakout. I don't think there's another product on the market comparable to this. I tried the finishing spray but it didn't work for me but I sure stuck to using this powder as my daily foundation. I've been using it for 1.5 years and often get asked what makeup I use because of the coverage and skin-like look/feel.

This powder has good ingredients, no parabens, has SPF, and doesn't cause breakouts. I use Dermalogica's oil-free matte 30 sunscreen, apply this foundation and finish off with Jane Iredale amazing loose powder (that also contains SPF).

My spa therapist told me how the minerals protect our skin from the sun rays all day long, whereas SPF moisturizers dry up and stop working after few hours. It's true, I feel as if I have better sun protection with this powder than my moisturizer.

On the downside it's expensive and usually lasts me 2-3 months. I find the refill packaging annoying - I've actually dropped the plastic case and shattered the entire pack :( Boo!

To conclude, I highly recommend this makeup to anybody struggling to find a quality powder foundation with good coverage for problematic skin. A good investment, ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been conflicted for awhile on how to review this mineral foundation. But this, definitely, is one of the best foundations out there. My skin is sensitive, oily, easily clogged, and acne-blemish prone. If only you guys could see the thick folder that my dermatologist has on me in her office. There were just sooo many acne medications that I had to go though before I finally found the right ones that worked my skin, a really extended period of trial and error of trying different meds. Sometimes this meds would dry me out, sometimes they would even give me these really strange breakouts... Throughout all these meds, Jane Iredale's Pure Pressed Base had been there for me, to give that coverage that my skin badly needed.

Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base (Mineral Foundation) will give you a very natural medium coverage. Throughout the day, it will become even more natural-looking on your face, while still retaining your coverage. Even at the hottest, most humid day ever, the foundation will not have that melting-off-your-face look to it. The foundation, however, does a lousy job in controlling oil. It does an awful job in covering my pores too. If you have very visible pores, there is no hiding them with this foundation.

Now, you will ask me why on earth will I give this product 4 lippies. This mineral foundation gives a very natural-looking coverage, which I really like. And most importantly, I am giving this product a high rating because of how amazingly safe this product is, even when my skin was at its most sensitive state (ie. after intense facial meds and treatments). It didn't aggravate my acne, it didn't clog my pores, and it didn't break me out either. In fact, the foundation had really helped with my whiteheads. All I had to do was take my concealer brush, and apply a slightly thicker layer of this foundation on my whiteheads. I would highly recommend this product then, to those who have highly super-sensitive facial skin, and would like to have a natural coverage on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cricricri11

My skin breaks out with any foundation. The only one i could use in the past was Bare Minerals. I have very oily parts and very dry ones (usually the results of old pimples).
I like this foundation better than the BM. It covers a little more and lasts a little longer. Only two troubles : the price and the fact that after a few hours it sits on the dry parts and make them look darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by BeautyByBrianna

Ill keep this short and simple Price: 50 - 60$ (Canadian) Purchased: hair salon ( this is not a drugstore brand and can't be found at sephora ) Information: Has SPF 20, water resistant (only up to 40 minutes) it is a foundation concealer and powder all in one PROS: Packaging is nice and durable, large shade selection ( 24 shades ), light weight, light to medium coverage, can be used as a setting powder or a foundation (using the "hydration spray" by Jane iredale) CONS: really expensive!!! ( plus I use them up quickly ) Overall: I've been using his product for 2 years now and still going, this is my absolute favourite. It's great for all seasons, especially summer. If you have the money I definitely recommend to try it out. Totally worth every penny! BeautyByBrianna <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No